Understanding the Tribunal

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vanblod

10-26-2012

I love this post Lyte, I also saw you in the video of Jontron visiting your headquarters. You look so damn young!

A Giant Boulder

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vahlen View Post
Lyte, I'd be interested in hearing about your progress with the false report system. We saw a preview of it once with the mass manual ban, but have not heard anything from you or players effected by it since.
I must agree I wouldn't mind hearing if anything additional is being planned for false reports. Last I heard false reporting isn't really an issue since players who spam false reports have their reporting privileges revoked without their knowledge. I believe they wanted to keep it the way it is since they currently don't effect anything, and letting players know their reports are worthless would just cause them to try and game the system. But again, I wouldn't mind hearing more.

Gallabatorix

10-26-2012

Lyte i am going to give you an instance that occurs quite frequently. Ok i am in the selection screen. i call middle and wait to select my champion till after my team selects. then another champion calls middle. ok i wanted to go middle so i dont cave for them. then we enter the game. ok this person immediately runs middle and sits there while team is asking them to leave. they do not respond. they say nothing. ok this champion begins to just try to take cs from you in your lane and goes to buy items that you know they are trolling with. such as +5 boots 5 zeals. then they start feeding. they feed 10-15 kills. ok so the game is going horribly now you can imagine the chat log. ok now towards the end of the game when everyone is going to report this person they start taking kills to make it seem like they are doing something for the team to improve their score and make it seem as if they werent feeding. this scenario happens very often. this is why we need a footage system similar to sc2.

EndlessDeath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-26-2012

id watch replays

Gallabatorix

10-26-2012

me too

Lyte

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

10-26-2012
5 of 10 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallabatorix View Post
Lyte i am going to give you an instance that occurs quite frequently. Ok i am in the selection screen. i call middle and wait to select my champion till after my team selects. then another champion calls middle. ok i wanted to go middle so i dont cave for them. then we enter the game. ok this person immediately runs middle and sits there while team is asking them to leave. they do not respond. they say nothing. ok this champion begins to just try to take cs from you in your lane and goes to buy items that you know they are trolling with. such as +5 boots 5 zeals. then they start feeding. they feed 10-15 kills. ok so the game is going horribly now you can imagine the chat log. ok now towards the end of the game when everyone is going to report this person they start taking kills to make it seem like they are doing something for the team to improve their score and make it seem as if they werent feeding. this scenario happens very often. this is why we need a footage system similar to sc2.
This is actually pretty rare. The fact you think it's frequent is due to cognitive biases. For example, humans tend to remember negative events far more vividly than positive events. Secondly, if you already believe that an event like this happens super frequently, you are more likely to remember it when it does happen--even if it's rare.

I know exactly how many times games like these happen. If you want, let's do an exercise: how many times in your past 10 games do you think this has happened?

Gallabatorix

10-26-2012

this happened at least 1 time in my last 10 games.

Gallabatorix

10-26-2012

and thats not just what i was talking about there is many other instances where you have to watch players to see that they are trolling.

Gallabatorix

10-26-2012

i am gonna say this to you. i have been trolled so hard in this game i cant make it past 1100 elo when i am a platnum play in sc2. explain this to me. i cannot make it past 1100 elo and i platinum in 1s, 3s, and 4s,

ThereRnoIDs

10-26-2012

Come on lyte~
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2712939

There should be a boundary on cases like these~
It's my way of calling my team noobs but even refrained myself from even doing so~

My last 10 games I had.... 5 games with noobs, 1 3v5 (had no adcs and apc cause they were that bad but got a free win... ), 3 easy games everyone good and 1 4v5 cause Ali reconnected at 10mins and bought a mana manipulator...