Updates to the Tribunal

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BelJonas

Junior Member

10-25-2012

"Innocent players were very rarely banned, while toxic players more often went unpunished. Because of this, we’ve adjusted the Tribunal algorithms to be less lenient."

Perhaps I'm not understanding this, because it seems to me that that ratio sounds really good. You know, the whole "I'd rather set 10 guilty men go free than convict even one innocent" thing. A side effect of the presumption of innocence. Are there really that many people "getting away with it"?

Just concerned,
~Jonas


P.S. Also, I would do 20 cases every single day if the tribunal worked easily on my phone. Would make a great app.

P.P.S. I love you guys <3


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MuhGeeSher

Senior Member

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMagicalDreams View Post
lol if i'm gonna click punish all day why would i waste time reading what's in it i just wait 20 sec and punish them duhhhhhhh
no i do it cause i want to but still no rewards it's like saying work for me but i won't pay you
No one says the Tribunal is mandatory. You should be doing it because you want to better the community in removing toxic players from the game for however long they are banned for.
It's like someone doing community service - They're not getting paid? They're doing it cause they have the heart. If you don't have the heart, don't do it. NO ONES MAKING YOU DO IT.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Braddicus847

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Junior Member

10-25-2012

I've actually used the new tribunal today, and I've got to say I'm a bit disappointed. A guy who raged half the match went off with a pardon...I'm sorry, but someone who constantly calls people "noobs" or "*******" shouldn't be playing. It's a game first and foremost, and a team game right after that...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MuhGeeSher

Senior Member

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braddicus847 View Post
I've actually used the new tribunal today, and I've got to say I'm a bit disappointed. A guy who raged half the match went off with a pardon...I'm sorry, but someone who constantly calls people "noobs" or "*******" shouldn't be playing. It's a game first and foremost, and a team game right after that...
Thing is people use the word noob WAYY too much, it like has no more meaning. Still, I think noob is much better than " You suck, uninstall, ( insert offensive language here ), etc" The list goes on.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

king dingy

Junior Member

10-25-2012

elaborate on less lenient please.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

canadianForces

Senior Member

10-25-2012

its me or the rate for good vote and bad one is really bad

i voted pardon to some one and he he got punish i got 5 good vote 1 bad and it have drop my point for like 3 good vote for 1 bad and i voted to pardon him lol wtf


1 good vote 10 point 1 bad 30 point down ???


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

bEorigin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Junior Member

10-25-2012

so still no IP or prizes for being accurate?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Braddicus847

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Junior Member

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuhGeeSher View Post
Thing is people use the word noob WAYY too much, it like has no more meaning. Still, I think noob is much better than " You suck, uninstall, ( insert offensive language here ), etc" The list goes on.
While that's a good point, we do have members of this community from the age of six or so all the way to middle-aged adults. I understand that the range of people in the community makes regulation hard...but the fact that six and seven year olds are being introduced to this sort of thing just blows my mind


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xphelio

Senior Member

10-25-2012

The new tribunal is awesome thanks riot. Already 15 cases done goin for 100%


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MuhGeeSher

Senior Member

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braddicus847 View Post
While that's a good point, we do have members of this community from the age of six or so all the way to middle-aged adults. I understand that the range of people in the community makes regulation hard...but the fact that six and seven year olds are being introduced to this sort of thing just blows my mind

Yeah, but for like everyone noob means something different. For me personally, the word "noob" means someone who's inexperienced, new, etc.. If someone plays Ashe and goes to jungle, dies to baron, dragon. I would definitely call the person noob. If a 6-7 year old is playing LoL... While that is impressive, it'd probably be the parents fault for not monitering or whateva