Summoner Icon Rewards

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lafferty

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
The Shadow Isles and Harrowing content was delayed a bit. The Summoner Icons should begin showing up in accounts during the day tomorrow. Additional icons that are earned will then appear within ten minutes.
Can you please let us know how long? anything would help, I pretty much lost all excitement for the harrowing this year...

Narusada

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2012

Would you tell us the price of Zombie Brand? I'd really like to know if he is 975RP or not. Thanks a lot.

AntiSkillshot

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderclese22 View Post
mannnnn i just wanna know when the skins are gonna be up for grabs :/ i dont think any of us truly care about the icons that much
Other than the fact that summoner icons pretty much have stayed the same for the past 2 years before the release of PFE... It's a fairly big deal.

TheMark

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2012

Yo, i heared you wana little silly shiny summoner icons xD

Hippalus

eCommerce Director

10-25-2012
37 of 46 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobsRpeopleTOO View Post
Just wanted to say thank you for taking the time to answer, have noticed over the last week that you have been the one to address alot of the forums curious users, so thought it was worth a thank you. As stated in a post prior to this one, I am curious if the skins will release tomorrow as with the icons or could we see them tonight, two days from now?l
These situations change constantly which is why people try not to post information that may turn out not to be true. I know for sure now that the skins will not be released today. We're targeting to get them to you before the weekend. There is a chance that won't happen.

League of Legends is like a battleship with 800 sailors that is constantly getting new weapons and navigational upgrades while traveling at 25 knots. Everyone on the boat is working towards the best possible outcome but no one person knows everything or can predict exactly what will happen in the next battle. Or exactly when.

There is no other game that supports as many players in as many parts of the world, and so it is pointless to compare LoL to games that are much smaller but have more features or more reliable updates. Piloting a rowboat is easier and allows greater flexibility, but you'll still get crushed by the battleship.

Wulfe

10-25-2012

So no skins means no elise i assume?

Why cant you just release everything all at once like on the pbe? I dont understand why they are in the game, but unavailable to buy. Honestly asking, not flaming

Hydronica

10-25-2012

Will rank teams be available today though?

Psyclone Joker

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
These situations change constantly which is why people try not to post information that may turn out not to be true. I know for sure now that the skins will not be released today. We're targeting to get them to you before the weekend. There is a chance that won't happen.

League of Legends is like a battleship with 800 sailors that is constantly getting new weapons and navigational upgrades while traveling at 25 knots. Everyone on the boat is working towards the best possible outcome but no one person knows everything or can predict exactly what will happen in the next battle. Or exactly when.

There is no other game that supports as many players in as many parts of the world, and so it is pointless to compare LoL to games that are much smaller but have more features or more reliable updates. Piloting a rowboat is easier and allows greater flexibility, but you'll still get crushed by the battleship.
Have you guys considered hiring someone who has the job of going around to all the relevant departments and asking questions, and then coming up with a ball park best and worst case scenario, and then finally relays that information to the community? I feel like his salary would pay for itself in all the good will he would generate in your customers.

Hippalus

eCommerce Director

10-25-2012
38 of 46 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wulfe View Post
So no skins means no elise i assume?

Why cant you just release everything all at once like on the pbe? I dont understand why they are in the game, but unavailable to buy. Honestly asking, not flaming
That's a good assumption for today.

I'm no tech guy but my guess is there are two main issues there:

1) It doesn't matter as much if stuff on the pbe breaks when released.
2) Stuff breaks more often when millions of people interact with it than when thousands of people do

So there's a whole different level of testing and problem solving when releasing content to the main game.

DevTheHero

10-25-2012

Thank you for the update Hip. That's all I needed, I'm good until Monday without no new skins now.