Riot, please fix this horrid new map...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fanryu

10-25-2012

I played my first 600ish games on the old TT. I liked it because it was structured, it felt like a smaller version of SR, so it felt like it'd take better coordination. With this new map, I was completely dominated by an Alistar, Darius, and Morde, there was literally no chance of turning the game around because they got the 2 altars. We couldn't ever coordinate because at level 3 they grouped up and wandered the jungle killing things. Obviously, since we have no wards, we can't tell where they are. Since they already had a slight advantage, we had no way of pushing up, because everytime we tried, they'd surround us and kill us. The fact that the turrets are pushed so far back now makes it almost impossible to farm without getting ganked. Lack of wards means you can't coordinate against a team that's just camping in the jungle. After they got our first top and bottom turret, we literally couldn't leave the base because if we did we'd encounter all 3 of them, and we would be lucky to kill one. This now seems like less of coordination, warding, timing, and more about team comp, lucky finds in the jungle, controlling the altars, and being MIA 90% of the time. I extremely hate the fact you can't ward now. If the enemy team gets both altars early game, around the 2 or 3 altar unlock, it's completely GG.

Thomas500

10-25-2012

Well said. To paraphrase, the new TT sucks dick.

Fanryu

10-25-2012

If you control the jungle, you control the game, the turrets aren't nearly as menacing because they're pushed so far back. The game becomes so much more one sided because both controlling the minion flow, and controlling the altars, that way, the other team is completely shut down and can't do anything.

Joshskillman

10-25-2012

i agree completely i miss the old tt and myself i refuse to play 3s again without at least the option to play the old twisted treeline

Zulgaines

10-25-2012

Did anyone get the lantern?

Was everyone on your team playing well?

Is the map bad because you lost your first match in it?

Joshskillman

10-25-2012

no i didn't get the lantern y would i when i have a perfectly good build without it and yes my team did ok and i could careless that i lost so much as that i don't like the new map

Opheliac

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2012

Tanky DPS is going to rape this entire game until they do something to tone it back.

Fanryu

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulgaines View Post
Did anyone get the lantern?

Was everyone on your team playing well?

Is the map bad because you lost your first match in it?
The lantern gives you 10 seconds of visibility, I used it, and it wasn't worth it.

Thomas500

10-25-2012

No this map blows not because its new, but because it took away from the solid gameplay on a smaller scale TT had going for it. If I wanted to capture points, I'd play dominion.

Fanryu

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas500 View Post
No this map blows not because its new, but because it took away from the solid gameplay on a smaller scale TT had going for it. If I wanted to capture points, I'd play dominion.
Exactly, without wards, if one person goes MIA you have to go turret hug, allowing the enemy team to free farm, which means more gold on you, more experience.