Lord Van Damm's Pillager... dafuq

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

octavian1127

10-25-2012

Prequel to new items on SR i'm guessing

Les Nomerables

Game Designer

10-25-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Damage is categorized with two tags.
One is the spell type (AoE, DoT, Proc, etc), the other the damage type (Physical, Magic, True, etc.). Spell Vamp is dependent on spell type, rather than damage type. So yes, AD casters will benefit from LVD's Pillager.

ProfDrDeath

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Fish View Post
i want that item on summoners rift so bad it huuuuuuuuuuurts

Talon, Pantheon, Urgot, Yorrick, Renekton, Riven... All of them would benefit sooooooooo much from that item.
Take a closer look at your list. Who would really benefit from buying Spellvamp over Lifesteal?

Talon?
Not really, Q is on-hit, W is AoE, E does no damage, R is AoE.

Pantheon?
Definitely. Spear-spam OP.

Urgot?
Definitely.

Yorick?
Interesting item for him, too. Helps the E sustain. Q is on-hit, though.

Renekton?
Q and E are AoE, W is on-hit.

Riven?
AoE, AoE, no damage, AoE. Passive is incentive to auto-attack.

Not saying that Spellvamp is bad for AoE users, but AoE abilities only proc it on a third of its basic value. On-hit effects don't even apply SV at all. So from a pure sustain perspective, Lifesteal is usually better than SV if you have lots of AoE and/or on-hit effects.

Unvictus

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
One is the spell type (AoE, DoT, Proc, etc), the other the damage type (Physical, Magic, True, etc.). Spell Vamp is dependent on spell type, rather than damage type. So yes, AD casters will benefit from LVD's Pillager.
That's interesting u say that because Phreak recently said on another thread that LVD's Pillager is not for AD casters like talon, but for bruisers like Darius

Confused?????

Dhinanta

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondBeastly95 View Post
That's interesting u say that because Phreak recently said on another thread that LVD's Pillager is not for AD casters like talon, but for bruisers like Darius

Confused?????
What they both said isn't mutually exclusive. Phreak mentions that it's better on bruisers, but also quite good one tanky-assassins. He specifically mentions that it is sub-optimal on burst-assassins, such as Talon.

AD Casters (Tanky and Bursty) DO BENEFIT from this item. AD/ArP, and to a degree CDR are good. It's why they already build a Brutilizer. Phreak was trying to say that this isn't the item Talon-like AD Casters have been waiting for. It is "good" for them, but it's "better" for others. Note the relativity of those adjectives.

Edit: They do also benefit from the SV, but it's not as amazing as people are making it out to be. I played the **** out of TT Talon on the PBE. This item was nice, but I'm reasonably sure it had less to do with the Spellvamp and more to do with the slight tankiniess + healing from the Blade of the Ruined King. That active + passive was letting me stomp a fed Riven if I got the jump on her...insanity.

Sam

10-25-2012

Quote:

Olaf, Jax... Omg... haha!

Wyvernfist

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Såm View Post
Olaf, Jax... Omg... haha!
I don't think Jax will benefit from this over Lifesteal. Building Trinity Force -> Gunblade, most of your damage is still from auto-attacks except for super-squishies that you instamelt.

Eiales

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2012

Quote:
Can anyone elaborate on the bold part?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondBeastly95 View Post

Confused?????
It's a better item for bruisers, that doesn't mean that AD Casters can not use spell vamp.