Jayce really needa nerf?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vivi R66

10-25-2012

You are forgeting:
Jayce has more Armor and MR while on hammer stance, and has mana sustain.

And itsn ot about he being "OP and amazing laner", its about he packing so much safety (say now, who counters Jayce and why?), and having great damage alogn side, being able to be a second AD Carry to your team if fed.

Drace Sylvanian

10-25-2012

Jayce needed a nerf. Badly. As it was, he could just wtf whack a mole huge chunks of your health off for absolutely free, not to mention endlessly poke from a distance with an easy to hit, low cost high damage long range and invisible nuke.

Mogs01gt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodLynn View Post
the point is tho he didnt need the nerf
Correct, his late game team presence is soo lacking, the nerf hurts him more than what people realize.

Vrael27

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogs01gt View Post
Correct, his late game team presence is soo lacking, the nerf hurts him more than what people realize.
you're kidding right? his late game presence is amazing, he is better late game than any champ i know of. you must just be building him wrong, cause once i get trinity force, and atmogs i can carry my team no matter what.

ok, who counters Jayce?

simple. Irelia.

Irelia has huge sustain with her q, so much that jayce's harass isn't enough cause she can just lifesteal it back, then she can q from minion to jayce as quick gap closer then stun him, so he can't harass or knock away. by the time he can knock back he is already less than half health, the next time the encounter happens irelia will finish him off and he can't get health back cause he doesn't have enough sustain.

that is why the Jayce players in the championship didn't do "amazing" and weren't "OP". Cause they were countered by Irelia and/or outplayed.

want example of this, watch the matches between TPA and AF.
One of their matches AF picked Jayce, TPA didn't even counter with Irelia and still stomped AF into the ground.

Jayce wasn't op, and didn't need nerf. Now he doesn't have any based dmg on his e, eliminating his strongest early hammer skill, and now his harass costs insane mana, even tho it did before.

3mptylord

10-25-2012

He only had amazing burst, poke, durability and sustain, and most better than champions specialized in those fields. Nope, definitely not overpowered. He also counters assassins, and assassins are suppose to be the counter to zoner-champions.

Vivi R66

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrael27 View Post
ok, who counters Jayce?

simple. Irelia.
From all tournament matches and rnaked matches I watched, Irelia vs Jayce is a even lane, first to pull advantage wins, simple as that lol

EffectFX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2012

Quote:
you're kidding right? his late game presence is amazing, he is better late game than any champ i know of. you must just be building him wrong, cause once i get trinity force, and atmogs i can carry my team no matter what.

ok, who counters Jayce?

simple. Irelia.

Irelia has huge sustain with her q, so much that jayce's harass isn't enough cause she can just lifesteal it back, then she can q from minion to jayce as quick gap closer then stun him, so he can't harass or knock away. by the time he can knock back he is already less than half health, the next time the encounter happens irelia will finish him off and he can't get health back cause he doesn't have enough sustain.

that is why the Jayce players in the championship didn't do "amazing" and weren't "OP". Cause they were countered by Irelia and/or outplayed.

want example of this, watch the matches between TPA and AF.
One of their matches AF picked Jayce, TPA didn't even counter with Irelia and still stomped AF into the ground.

Jayce wasn't op, and didn't need nerf. Now he doesn't have any based dmg on his e, eliminating his strongest early hammer skill, and now his harass costs insane mana, even tho it did before.

Irelia isn't a hard counter to jayce, it's as close to an even lane as you're going to find though. The nerfs to jayce are fine and he's still going to be strong. I barely noticed the mana nerf, and the decreased damage was hardly noticeable at later levels. And I wouldn't build atmogs on him personally, triforce, bloodthirster, randuins omen, maw, boots, situational last pick item, is how I do it personally.

WithEasee

11-27-2012

Why is there so much hate on the superman . Jayce is one of those champs that takes alot of skill to play. Everyone thought he was weak on release because no one knew how to play him. No one thought jayce was op untill S2 tourneys... All other top lanes are quite simple champs to master, irelia passively farms and outscales, jax pounces then runs, riven spamms her q stuns then dashes away. Of course understanding the champions limits takes some knowledge but jayce you had to land those skill shots and kite because he couldn't win a 1v1 duel. Everyone is just butt hurt from getting outplayed by a jayce and coming on forums and screaming nerf. I do agree with the some nerfs to jayce but if his spammable q was the problem why the heck did they also nerf his hammer e? talk about overkill. Everyone is yelling nerf jayce while rumble and kat seem to carry every game I play.

Dumaraz

11-27-2012

Quote:
Jayce wasn't that op... he has good poke and utility, but not that high of health til late game, and not near as op as all the other top laners like wukong, jax, xin zhao, etc. why don't they get nerfs? wukong can just q in, then w away every time, then when he wants to kill you add his r into combo for free kill. And jayce is entirely countered by irelia. also garen is hard to lane against... he needs to be nerfed, he has been too strong since his buff. i understand the nerf on his hammer mode e, although, really necesary to take away all of his base dmg on his strongest hammer mode spell? but the worst part about this nerf is his acceleration gate.... the mana cost being increased to 50 from 30? that's a terrible idea, as he is jayce is insanely mana hungry, even with him getting mana back from basic attacks in hammer mode, most of the harass in top lane prevents him from just farming in hammer mode, that is why jayce is good, cause he can be range when needed, but if he always has to go to hammer mode in order to get his mana back then it just really makes him useless, already he must do this constantly, but making it worse? already for him to just use a small poke against his enemy he most use 2 spells just for some decent dmg. but they really need to increase the cost of that combo by 20? what are everyone else's opinions on this, i think the main problem with his nerf is the mana increase on acceleration gate.
The lies and exaggeration!.

Wukong is OP in top-lane? Since when?

- Wukong has lower-base health than Jayce!
- No sustainable mana-pool; in contrast to Jayce sustaining/regen on melee. (Wukong early-game can only harass 3-times or less in a given short-time period, and this won't be nearly enough to put tanky-dps fighters on 25 percent.)

How about, jax/olaf/irelia/riven/ Malphite being super-effective top-laners.

supernova77

12-19-2012

As a jayce player... I guess he was supposed to be played as harass rather than damage dealer... Which is why there is a mana passive on his W with hammer As when i say as harass i play him more as tanky harass rather than damage so that i cam dish out the utilities provided on him to support my team Q_hammer : damage and slow the squishy opponent E_hammer: knock away tank or enemy with cc E_cannon: move speed to all and obvious with Q long range poke Q_cannon: checking in brush without entering it

According to me he us perfect right now.... If he is buffed he will become lil op

Remember.... Jayce us the hero among the champions.... His role is to help everyone rather than focus on himself...