[GUIDE] Vladimir - The Crimson Reaper of Transylvania!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bombast

09-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAKKLEVLAD View Post
If you can't maintain at least 10 stacks with vlad after buying the mejai's then you are playing him wrong. I don't see why people get haunting guise, spirit visage etc. It doesn't help in any way shape or form in my opinion.

Another thing, why do you use your ult after you spam your skills? Seems a bit stupid to me. R>E>Q>W> ---------- HAS GOTTEN A PENTA KILL! Just happened to me last game. Honestly not trying to troll you or anything, I just see people that build vlad so terribly wrong to be idiots and should stop playing the hero. I roughly have 800 ap end game.
Mejai's is risky because a Mejai Vlad will become a target rather quickly, especially if you're playing against even a two man premade. They will check, they will see it, and you will get ganked.

As for the other items... Haunting Guise can work pretty well early game, though I don't use it. It gives Spell Pen, health, and AP: Basically, Vlad's favorite stats, and is cheap as sin. Spirit Visage increases your Q's healing and lowers your cooldowns (Which blow pretty hard early on). Again, I don't use it myself, but I can see how it would be effective.

As for blowing everything before your Ult... I do it all the time (Well, not pool, but I'll spam Q and E all day). Most team battles don't start with all 5 enemies close together, and sitting around doing nothing while you wait for a clumping action is rather unhelpful. Though, yes, it is stupid to blow everything if you have the opportunity to ult first.

Crnicelad

09-20-2010

In my opinion the snowball items are optional for each hero, however you must know when to buy them.

As an example, if I pick akali and get a fb, or see that my team gets the 1st 1 or 2 kills I don`t only get mejai but also occult -->
after getting guinsoo I normaly have 10+ stacks of both and by the time trinity or rylai`s scepter is finished,
I have 20 stacks of both, the game ends or the opponent surrenders.

Same goes with vlad if by any chance you get the fb in mid, why wouldn`t you buy mejai and after lvl 6, start to gank and get 2-4 stacks of mejai early on.
After getting some more assists/kills you just play a bit more defensively to maintain the number of stacks you have.
I`ve seen vlads with 20 stacks of mejai and leviathan and it wasn`t a pretty picture for his opponents.

However my statement is based on assuming you/your team aint doing bad in the 1st 5mins.

xFERx

09-23-2010

2 quick noob vlad questions:

1. Why does everyone goes 9/0/21... Imo Vlad does not benefit a lot from the 21 utility because he doesnt use mana, the CDR is good but has anyone tried 9/21/0?

2. Does the health or AP gained from masteries and runes works with his passive or only the one gained from items?

Thx =)

MrConce

09-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by xFERx View Post
2 quick noob vlad questions:

1. Why does everyone goes 9/0/21... Imo Vlad does not benefit a lot from the 21 utility because he doesnt use mana, the CDR is good but has anyone tried 9/21/0?

2. Does the health or AP gained from masteries and runes works with his passive or only the one gained from items?

Thx =)
1. The points put in utility do not affect him in any way, shape, or form when it comes to mana. The 21 points go to things such as less cooldown on both summoner skills and champion ailities plus faster leveling and more gold. Is all together soothing for an early op vlad.

2. Yes they do.

DrunkHobo15

09-25-2010

If there is anyone to Mejais+leviathan on it is Vlad. You should be positioning yourself well enough that ghost+sanguine can get you away safely. Warmogs and visage are bad items for Vlad. You are already able to survive really well due to sanguine pool. Rylais if anything should always be your first item if you don't go stack. Your skill order should be q-w-q to start...no exceptions. A decent guide but not entirely full of what you should be doing as Vlad.

XenonZaleo

11-22-2010

Just a note for beginning items based on my experience, mostly against vlad, but now a few times as him. Grabbing the Tome as first item is a mistake, a Ruby Crystal will serve you better.

Grabbing a Tome gives you +20 AP and ~+40 Health (from passive)
Grabbing Ruby Crystal gives you +180 HP and +7 AP (from passive)

That's 13 AP vs. 140 HP.

The numbers by themselves don't mean much, but at level 1 that HP is worth TONS more than the AP. Level 1 Transfusion takes like 14 Seconds for CD (IIRC), so that's an extra 6 damage 10 seconds or so. Is that worth more than a 20% HP increase? I don't think so. That 140 HP is two extra auto-attacks or one extra level 1 spell.

From there I won't comment, but you can build a Ruby Crystal into a Haunted Guise, Warmog's, or Leviathan, so no matter which way you prefer, you can still use it, but it makes a much bigger difference at lvl 1 than a tome will.

Celetial

11-22-2010

I wouldn't go with will of ancients as last item. Spell vamp doesn't work like lifesteal and so making it last really doesn't help you much to end a long game.

I would look at the enemies, see if they are ap carry heavy or ad carry heavy and decide whether I want to GA or Omen, or maybe I want some magic resistance with abyssal or force of nature. If they are stacking MR with a number of tanks, I probably want to sell guise, grab a void staff+abyssal so that vlad can maximize his damage. The thing is, the spell vamp really doesn't give you much extra stuffs given the money they charging. Magic penetration works extremely well with your ult because how it scales well with AP already, and the penetration shocks people with how much they are damaged on top of the extra damage buff your ult gives you.

I would only go will of ancients if we have many AP/hybrid champs(>2) on the team. It may be helpful if you have an Akali around, for example, and that will make the team stronger. But if you're just talking about Vlad, it is quite an unnecessary consideration.

Celetial

11-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenonZaleo View Post
Just a note for beginning items based on my experience, mostly against vlad, but now a few times as him. Grabbing the Tome as first item is a mistake, a Ruby Crystal will serve you better.

Grabbing a Tome gives you +20 AP and ~+40 Health (from passive)
Grabbing Ruby Crystal gives you +180 HP and +7 AP (from passive)

That's 13 AP vs. 140 HP.

The numbers by themselves don't mean much, but at level 1 that HP is worth TONS more than the AP. Level 1 Transfusion takes like 14 Seconds for CD (IIRC), so that's an extra 6 damage 10 seconds or so. Is that worth more than a 20% HP increase? I don't think so. That 140 HP is two extra auto-attacks or one extra level 1 spell.

From there I won't comment, but you can build a Ruby Crystal into a Haunted Guise, Warmog's, or Leviathan, so no matter which way you prefer, you can still use it, but it makes a much bigger difference at lvl 1 than a tome will.
If you really really need that 140 HP, you can go with Defensive masteries plus Health Quin. I personally think Tome works like charm with the AP boost. Beside, you get a choice to snowball/guise depending on the situation. It is more flexible than Ruby.

DarkCrown

11-23-2010

Here is how i do it:

I use Magic Pen reds and quints, HP regen/5sec/lvl or dodge yellows and CD/lvl blues

For the masterys i go 0/21/9

Item build:
-Warmog's Armor (always sustain HP pool and makes initiations alot less risky)
-Boots of swiftness (already have 15 magic pen with runes so i dont take sorcerer's shoe)
-Crystal Scepter (always get this, its a must-have for any vlad)
-Void Staff (with this I almost cap magic pen with 55%, it caps at 60%)
-Zhonya's Ring
-Abyssal Scepter (I do it sooner if I'm against lots of casters)

It always worked well for me, fell free to give feedback!

caIibre

11-23-2010

OK, WAIT !

WTF ?

your spell rotation.

somthing is wrong.

completely wrong !

use R at the beginning, just for the increased damage affected targets take.

im serious. change it ! : O