@Red No Response for Prizing!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SnackieCakes

10-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sserahk View Post
I was in one of these tournaments once. The prizes only came after the next scheduled patch containing a new hero. In my case, I got Viktor. So I think you'll need to wait for the Elise patch. Just my thoughts.
Check out the FAQ. Also, the prizing to be provided is RP and, for the first place team, tournament Ryze skins.

At this point, though, what I'm really concerned about is communication. If something was wrong with my tournament evidence, or if - as you're saying - there is another method of distribution other than what is stated in the FAQ, that's all well and good, but I would hope to be let known about it, particularly given that I'm reaching out to them.

SnackieCakes

10-24-2012

I have moved this topic into GD in the hope of a Red response. Please consider posting in the thread at:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...5#post30603815

Riot Janook

Senior Esports Coordinator

Follow Riot Janook on Twitter

10-24-2012
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnackieCakes View Post
Hello,

Six weeks ago I held a tournament for which Riot was providing prizing. Two days after the tournament I submitted the necessary materials for prize distribution. I waited one month (based on the possibility of prizing taking that long according to the FAQ) and yet the winning players had not received any prizing (except for that which I distributed myself, of course).

I immediately sent an email to my point of contact at Riot Esports, but have heard nothing back. A few days after that I sent an email to the generic tournaments@riot inbox, and still have heard nothing back.

At this point I'm not really sure what to do, except for make this post here in hope that someone from Riot can help me out. Quite simply I am not sure what has gone wrong or why, and am eager to get prizing to the winning teams that worked hard, played hard in my tournament! At the end of the day tournament organization is, in many respects, a marketing tool (in this instance both for Riot and my own website/organization), and this delay is reflecting very poorly on us all and therefore defeating the very purpose of the tournament.

Please bump this thread if you will until a Red is able to post.

Thank you all for your time!

-SnackieCakes
Hey SnackieCakes,

Sorry it's taking longer than expected to get your prizes distributed. We got a little backlogged while focusing on the World Championships. I'll ping the relevant dudes and make sure your request didn't fall through the cracks.

SnackieCakes

10-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Janook View Post
Hey SnackieCakes,

Sorry it's taking longer than expected to get your prizes distributed. We got a little backlogged while focusing on the World Championships. I'll ping the relevant dudes and make sure your request didn't fall through the cracks.
THANK YOU SO MUCH!

I can totally understand that Riot has been busy with the WC and whatnot, and frankly I just really appreciate the communication.

SnackieCakes

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Janook View Post
Hey SnackieCakes,

Hey, Janook,

Any word on what might have happened with the tournament prizing yet? I hate to bother you about it, but even with your initial response I've had minimal communication and don't really know what to tell any of my tournament players.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to quicken the process!

Thank you!

Evandris

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

11-06-2012

Being a player in this tournament, I am very sad by the lack of response by riot. I expected my RP weeks ago anticipating the halloweens skins. Unfortunately, I still have not received any and am disappointed.

SnackieCakes is doing all of is possible to provide the players with their respective prizing but is unable to do so because of the lack of communication on Riot's part.

TL,DR: Riot hurt my feelers by not responding to any of the email of the person responsible of the tournament and by making it seem like they don't care alot about the players who participate in small tournaments and prefer to just ignore them and move on.

Tiza

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

eSports Coordinator

11-12-2012
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Hey dudes,

Sorry about the delay - there was a mixup on our part that led to communication being lost. We're really sorry! I've emailed Snackie directly to get everything resolved, and all players (with a couple exceptions for outdated Summoner names) should have the RP in their accounts, along with something extra as an apology.

SnackieCakes

11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotTiza View Post
Hey dudes,

Sorry about the delay - there was a mixup on our part that led to communication being lost. We're really sorry! I've emailed Snackie directly to get everything resolved, and all players (with a couple exceptions for outdated Summoner names) should have the RP in their accounts, along with something extra as an apology.
Thank you so much! I just got your message and really appreciate the extra effort. I'm glad that everyone who took the time to compete in my tournament and make it a successful event has been awarded their prizes!

I abound with appreciation! Thank you!

SnackieCakes

11-12-2012

I also want to thank RiotJanook again for helping to keep this thread alive and for any other hand he may have had in resolving this situation. I am very grateful.