(Custom Champ) Cerule, the Mystic Mermaid

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nhan Fiction

10-20-2012

Attachment 544629

Attachment 544630

Added new art by Misfitts.

Nhan Fiction

Nhan Fiction

10-21-2012

Bubbly.

Nhan Fiction

10-22-2012

The full voice set should be done soon.

Nhan Fiction

10-23-2012

Full voice set is ready. Check out Cerule's full voice set - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkcHp...eature=g-all-u.

Nhan Fiction

10-23-2012

Full voice set!

TheLastBaron88

10-23-2012

I like this idea quite a bit, actually. I remember there was supposed to have been a water-based champ in development at some point, but it got cut. Now the idea of a displacement based Mer-Mage, now that sounds like fun! Do you have any abilities planned out for her kit, because I might have some suggestions if you'd like to hear them?

EDIT: just noticed the custom champ spotlight you had linked, this is all very well thought out. Though I worry that giving Cerule a shield ability in addition to her displacement would allow her to completely replace Janna in function. Making her W a lenghty AoE knockup with multiple geysers (self cast like alistair's) and good AP damage ratio seems like it could compliment her kit better, particularly that it would synergize with her whirlpool, which I think would be more appropriate as a powerful semi-channeled ult (kinda like Fiddle's, so you can use Zhonya's during to avoid being demolished immediately). The tidal wave you mentioned deals damage too, right? Does it knockback minion waves as well? For E, I would suggest a skillshot that pulls enemies in a line towards you, maybe call it Riptide. Now this is the thing that really interests me about a water based champ. The big river right in the middle of Summoner's Rift. Why not have a passive that increases your AP or AP ratio on abilities, as well as movement speed, while in River? This could allow for some exceptionally quick ganks to other lanes, as well as more presence in those game-changing battles at Baron. What do you think?

Nhan Fiction

10-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastBaron88 View Post
I like this idea quite a bit, actually. I remember there was supposed to have been a water-based champ in development at some point, but it got cut. Now the idea of a displacement based Mer-Mage, now that sounds like fun! Do you have any abilities planned out for her kit, because I might have some suggestions if you'd like to hear them?

EDIT: just noticed the custom champ spotlight you had linked, this is all very well thought out. Though I worry that giving Cerule a shield ability in addition to her displacement would allow her to completely replace Janna in function. Making her W a lenghty AoE knockup with multiple geysers (self cast like alistair's) and good AP damage ratio seems like it could compliment her kit better, particularly that it would synergize with her whirlpool, which I think would be more appropriate as a powerful semi-channeled ult (kinda like Fiddle's, so you can use Zhonya's during to avoid being demolished immediately). The tidal wave you mentioned deals damage too, right? Does it knockback minion waves as well? For E, I would suggest a skillshot that pulls enemies in a line towards you, maybe call it Riptide. Now this is the thing that really interests me about a water based champ. The big river right in the middle of Summoner's Rift. Why not have a passive that increases your AP or AP ratio on abilities, as well as movement speed, while in River? This could allow for some exceptionally quick ganks to other lanes, as well as more presence in those game-changing battles at Baron. What do you think?
My main idea behind Cerule is to push her toward her very own niche. It's a work in progress. This is, ultimately, just a fan concept that is for fun. Still, thank you for your input.

Nhan Fiction

10-24-2012

Attachment 547065

New art by xseraphiim.

TheLastBaron88

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nhan Fiction View Post
My main idea behind Cerule is to push her toward her very own niche. It's a work in progress. This is, ultimately, just a fan concept that is for fun. Still, thank you for your input.
Sure, hope it was helpful. Umm not to be a bother, but could I ask you to check out my thread over at http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...katarina+skins ?
It hasn't gotten a ton of attention, and I don't want to keep bumping it if noone is gonna read it, but the ideas I had seemed pretty unique and it kinda hurts to see them go unnoticed. Any of your own suggestions would be welcome as well. Either way, thank you for your time, and I wish you luck! (Also, love the puns!)