Twisted Dominionline

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vesh

Game Designer

10-23-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Hai guys.

I'm not going to try and tell you how you should think or what to feel about the reworked TT. I'm a high elo dominion player and also diamond in 3s. I've dedicated a lot of time over the last few months to learning and becoming good at our non-SR game modes. I'm not a designer or on either the dominion or TT team, but I can tell you as a player that the new mode really doesn't feel like dominion to me (and I LOVE dominion).

Are there a lot of things that still aren't perfect about the new TT? Sure. That's why we're releasing this as a beta. We read all of your comments on here and really do value your feedback. Change is hard and I know there will be a lot of knee-jerk reactions to the new changes. People see the altars and immediately think of them as capture and hold points like Dominion when really the gamemode doesn't feel anything like Dominion (to me, at least - like I said I don't want to tell you what you should think).

That said, posts like this one are extremely constructive and allow us to analyze what you guys like and don't like about the new mode. I know it's tempting to post things like "omg the new map mode sucks it's dominion/TT hybrid" but those really aren't constructive and don't engage us in conversation.

Instead, try to specifically outline what mechanics and changes make you feel that way. This post does a great job of approaching the specific elements that the OP doesn't like yet. Obviously, the map isn't even out on Live yet but as you guys have a chance to play it more, try to be constructive with feedback! The OP's post is a good example of what we're looking for ^_^

Captain Kopp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesh View Post
Hai guys.

I'm not going to try and tell you how you should think or what to feel about the reworked TT. I'm a high elo dominion player and also diamond in 3s. I've dedicated a lot of time over the last few months to learning and becoming good at our non-SR game modes. I'm not a designer or on either the dominion or TT team, but I can tell you as a player that the new mode really doesn't feel like dominion to me (and I LOVE dominion).

Are there a lot of things that still aren't perfect about the new TT? Sure. That's why we're releasing this as a beta. We read all of your comments on here and really do value your feedback. Change is hard and I know there will be a lot of knee-jerk reactions to the new changes. People see the altars and immediately think of them as capture and hold points like Dominion when really the gamemode doesn't feel anything like Dominion (to me, at least - like I said I don't want to tell you what you should think).

That said, posts like this one are extremely constructive and allow us to analyze what you guys like and don't like about the new mode. I know it's tempting to post things like "omg the new map mode sucks it's dominion/TT hybrid" but those really aren't constructive and don't engage us in conversation.

Instead, try to specifically outline what mechanics and changes make you feel that way. This post does a great job of approaching the specific elements that the OP doesn't like yet. Obviously, the map isn't even out on Live yet but as you guys have a chance to play it more, try to be constructive with feedback! The OP's post is a good example of what we're looking for ^_^
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2711207 here's my wall of text on the subject

ploki122

10-23-2012

Just a question, I posted my own feedback on the PBE forum since I talked about the skins and wards and such on top of it, are you guys reading the TT feedback in the BPE forum too or should I just split my post in 2 and copy paste the TT section on this forum?

infinite azure

10-23-2012

Quote:
Hai guys.

Thank you for being the first Rioter to post in these sorts of threads, it'd be nice if rjcombo or Nome would post in these sorts of threads and have a dialogue. They only seem to be posting in the "this art is awesome" threads or about specific items rather than what aspects of the old treeline people are unhappy about losing.

And the art is awesome of course, but the longtime players of treeline would like at least a dialogue.

Street-cred for diamond in 3s, my team is around 50 elo away, and planning how to win those next couple games and experimenting with new strategies has been really fun.

I feel a lot of the changes were overreactions to the balance of the map and more of the qualities of it could have been preserved. Through runes, masteries, and an adaptive build I've made Anivia work on treeline at a high platinum level, and I've seen more Annie in treeline than I ever see on SR. I feel like the small community had barely scratched the surface of viable champions due to the small player base, and these changes feel severe in contrast to what was likely needed.

I just don't want them to wipe all the strategy from the map and replace it with dominion-like teamfights all the time, cause in the original treeline those early teamfights are optional as good warding and posturing can avoid them, which allows more champions to be viable through not only needing a strong early game. I'm sure you've played enough dominion to know those early windmill fights swing heavily in favor of the team with more tankyderps, and these altars make that a snowballing lead.

Removing wards hurt. Making the top jungle just a boss camp with no complexity hurt. and the altars really hurt. There are no longer tight corridors to make AoE from mages strong, nor walls for ADs to hide behind. As much as those walls helped people with blinks and jumps, I felt they were so central to the feel of the map, that losing that excessive amount of walls is something I'll really miss.

Da Sucker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-23-2012

Will there be elixirs still, or are they going to be removed like the wards? Just wondering because I'm pretty sure they removed it from Dominion so I'm guessing they might remove it from the new TT as well.

KevinDelMarr

10-23-2012

Needs wards. SR has wards, so should Shadow Isle's. I can't imagine playing SR without wards, neither should SI

VIOLENTxSHINOBI

10-23-2012

Quote:
Hai guys.

I totally understand wanting cordial discourse on the subject for feedback, but really you guys have to try and understand that this map already was rather niche. This is tantamount to a cult classic, being rewritten. So please bear with us when we write...

We didn't ask for you guys to make TT mainstream, or to remove the top jungle or to remove dragon or to thicken the walls or to remove wards or to add shrines or to recolor the map and lower our FPS. We asked you guys to fix the major issues like turtleing, the lasers shooting different lengths (STILL GETTING THIS IN CLASSIC TT BTW :/ ), dragon being too easy to kill and jungle spawning random camps, creating an unfair advantage. We wanted a way to regulate "OP" champs via a ban system for regulars. We accepted and learned to deal with the multiple times we were told "Riot does not balance around other game types besides SR". After almost 3 years of wanting the map updated to not be a buggy mess we got a totes different map and now we need to "be open to it"? really?

/end rant

Rejuvination

10-23-2012

the only part i agree with OP about: speed shrine in the middle feels out of place. Altars are cool, items rock ( Double Burning for Brand spells O.O), and it seems like you dont see as many stale comps.

Astronautical

10-23-2012

I played the old 3v3 a fair amount as well as the new. I much prefer the new one. I like the speed shrine and the altars. i wish there were jungle buffs though.

Goggris

10-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIOLENTxSHINOBI View Post
I totally understand wanting cordial discourse on the subject for feedback, but really you guys have to try and understand that this map already was rather niche. This is tantamount to a cult classic, being rewritten. So please bear with us when we write...

We didn't ask for you guys to make TT mainstream, or to remove the top jungle or to remove dragon or to thicken the walls or to remove wards or to add shrines or to recolor the map and lower our FPS. We asked you guys to fix the major issues like turtleing, the lasers shooting different lengths (STILL GETTING THIS IN CLASSIC TT BTW :/ ), dragon being too easy to kill and jungle spawning random camps, creating an unfair advantage. We wanted a way to regulate "OP" champs via a ban system for regulars. We accepted and learned to deal with the multiple times we were told "Riot does not balance around other game types besides SR". After almost 3 years of wanting the map updated to not be a buggy mess we got a totes different map and now we need to "be open to it"? really?

/end rant
Please don't assume the role of spokesperson for an entire community of players by saying "we wanted this" or "we wanted that". You speak for yourself and only yourself. I am just as much a member of this community as anybody else and I am extremely excited and looking forward to these changes.