Initial Honor Results

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Elder Blood

10-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
I'm happy to take questions at lyte@riotgames.com.

In addition, there's been discussions to try to do an AMA with the scientists of Riot to talk about careers--we just have to find some time
Thanks

Rubeus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-20-2012

Quote:
It'd use the current logic and show the most difficult one you have unlocked so far. Since Crests for Honorable Opponent are the easiest to get, if you unlock a second one it will replace the red Ribbon.
Each one should have it's own corner. I want my image to be wrapped up like a friggin christmas present. >:C

Yeeehawww

10-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubeus View Post
Each one should have it's own corner. I want my image to be wrapped up like a friggin christmas present. >:C
I agree, there's plenty of room.

Koechophe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-21-2012

Hey, lyte, this has probably been asked, but are there plans to allow players to see what crests they have? For vanities sake, I want to know what crests I have, not just the one. I've seen all of the animations, but I want to maintain them, and know if I'm not.

Elanorien

10-21-2012

Hello again, Dr. Lyte,

First, I'd like to thank you for replying to my first post on this thread about a week ago. The time you put into communicating with the players is very much appreciated.

Second, I was hoping you could take a look at the post I made in another thread trying to explain the earning of badges to a few other players. Am I more or less correct in my understanding of the system or is something I said wrong? This is generally how I explain it to people when they ask me, though I do tell them I may not be entirely correct. Just curious to know whether or not I'm giving people bad information :3. Anyway, here's the post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elanorien View Post
I'm at 27/6/49/63. I got HO the first few days of honor at about 30 points, and Teamwork a day or two after at about 25 points. No badge yet for Friendly, and obviously not for Helpful. I've kept both my badges since I got them. I'll copy/paste the quick explanation I saved in notepad, because I'm asked all the time in select how to get them XD.

It's not a set number, there are a few variables
It's based on honor you've earned per games played
There's a curve based on how much honor the community as a whole is earning
And honor given by people you queue with is worth less towards earning a badge than honor given by strangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL Penguin View Post
total games...?

seriously? o.o

I have upwards to 3k games played tho... =(
I'm thinking it's total games played since the release of honor. I was over 1000 games at the release of the Honor Initiative, and as I said, it only took me like 30 points in HO to get my first badge.

I'm not 100% sure on the curve with the community, but it SEEMS to be the case. It seems to me the longer it takes you to get a badge, the more honor you need to earn for it. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I feel like I'm pretty close to the mark.

Loli Ahri

10-21-2012

I love this system.

Lyte

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

10-21-2012
63 of 66 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elanorien View Post
Hello again, Dr. Lyte,

First, I'd like to thank you for replying to my first post on this thread about a week ago. The time you put into communicating with the players is very much appreciated.

Second, I was hoping you could take a look at the post I made in another thread trying to explain the earning of badges to a few other players. Am I more or less correct in my understanding of the system or is something I said wrong? This is generally how I explain it to people when they ask me, though I do tell them I may not be entirely correct. Just curious to know whether or not I'm giving people bad information :3. Anyway, here's the post:
1) Yes, it depends on both # of games, # of Honors, and 'quality' of Honor (this depends on who is Honoring you).

2) Yes, it only counts games after Honor Initiative launched.

Thanks for helping inform other players!

AlexDnD2

10-21-2012

Quote:
1) Yes, it depends on both # of games, # of Honors, and 'quality' of Honor (this depends on who is Honoring you).

2) Yes, it only counts games after Honor Initiative launched.

Thanks for helping inform other players!
Lyte in the future can we see what percentile we are in when it comes to honor? Since it seems only a small number of folks get honor badges it would be interesting to see where we fit in.

Macademics

10-21-2012

Quote:

"Quality"? So if someone with a lot of honors, honors me is it worth more then someone with very little honors honoring me?

Shadow Light M37

10-21-2012

Notice the ranked percentage decrease compared to normal...