Honor initiative rewards

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

juslikejesus

10-19-2012

Im wondering at what honor levels users will get bands such as the "Honorable Opponent" one. I really am unsure if ones other than that even exist. looking for a breakdown of the rewards, thanks.

p.s. sticky this, im sure others are looking for this as well.

Ropy22791

10-19-2012

actually i ran into someone with a leader badge on my team and was like whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa?

BaMfEr918

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-20-2012

Wanting to know the rewards for being a good person....just like Jesus

King Lettuce

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-20-2012

I would say the ribbon is 35-40 honors.

Wayward Sword

10-20-2012

Dependent on frequency rather than quantity. I've heard ribbons at as low as 20.

SovietBlade

10-20-2012

I think that currently this honor initiative is kind of silly.
I've seen 'friendly' banded people who were actually not so nice or friendly.
And an 'honorable opponent' band who spammed chat.

Unless these bands are to parody the crudeness of the player. I'm not sure it's working just yet.

adc

10-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SovietBlade View Post
I think that currently this honor initiative is kind of silly.
I've seen 'friendly' banded people who were actually not so nice or friendly.
And an 'honorable opponent' band who spammed chat.

Unless these bands are to parody the crudeness of the player. I'm not sure it's working just yet.
It's all about the majority of games. I have the honorable opponent badge, but occasionally I'll ***** at some guy for being utterly horrible. I had a Leona start doran's shield, rush ionians and buy a giant's belt, for example. Holy **** he was bad.

Belqin

10-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD Bottom View Post
It's all about the majority of games. I have the honorable opponent badge, but occasionally I'll ***** at some guy for being utterly horrible. I had a Leona start doran's shield, rush ionians and buy a giant's belt, for example. Holy **** he was bad.
Oh I see you've accepted the summoners code there. You don't find it hypcritical you've accepted these terms and even amidst this new honour initiative you still admit to ******'ing at some guy for being terrible? Constructive critisism or being helpful rather than being a jerk can still go a long way, even if you are an "honourable opponent"... :P

Honestly we're all learning every character we're playing, all the time, we're all at different experience levels, you probably don't like being trolled that one (or two) bad games you have I'm sure, so keep that in mind next time

Baxter900

10-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayward Sword View Post
Dependent on frequency rather than quantity. I've heard ribbons at as low as 20.
That's about when I got the honorable opponent badge, though I have about 35 teamwork and haven't gotten that badge so I'm inclined to agree that it's frequency. Does anyone know if you can have multiple badges? Or is it that you only get what you have the most of or maybe it's even just the first one you ever get. If it's any of those than it's biased towards the honorable opponent as that's the only one opponents can give you so that means if your chatting all, then about half your honors will be honorable opponent. Also it's just easier to compliment your opponent on a good play than be nice to that idiotic player who's making your team lose!

adc

10-29-2012

Here's the difference between the games I do badly and that game, though - I have a decent build. My play is generally decent for my level, even if my lane opponent outplays me or if I make a mistake. I don't ***** at people who die a few times. I ***** at people who go 0/8 top lane with a ridiculous build and don't respond when I say anything.

Like, I had a wukong in a ranked game earlier. He was 0/8 at the 20 minute mark and Lee was destroying us. But you know what? His build was good, and he played well once we grouped. Despite being 0/8 at 20 minutes, he was a strong part of the team. That type of person I don't ***** at. It's the type of person who goes 0/8, rages, says that he's the best player ever, then goes 0/15.