The Frozen Nest (Ask Anivia)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Galio

10-18-2012

((Applying your statement to The Cryophoenix to myself because I can do stuff like that. For continuing things, the other Anivia and I had been planning a trip to the Shadow Isles. Now with this new hype, we could perhaps make a good RP including a lot of others. With the new releases, the old idea could actually become a really cool thing.))

Nwol

10-18-2012

"I understand you're seeking information about the Void? Perhaps I can lend assistance on the matter?"

-Tekun Valos

The Cryophoenix

10-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Cryophoenix View Post
((My sincerest apologies, but I am not. She has flown the coop, so to speak, and her presence is very much missed.))

((I have, however, followed these forums since several months before you started you thread, and have a searchable archive of the first half of her board (sadly, the link to the second half has died on me). If you wish to continue anything in particular, I would be more than happy to oblige you. Is this to say that you are really back?))
((From the OLD ANIVIA! Don't let the similar names confuse you. ^.^; ))

((What happened to my board? Oo))

Ask Galio

10-19-2012

((I dunno, what DID happen to it?))

Dear Cryophoenix

10-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cryophoenix View Post
((From the OLD ANIVIA! Don't let the similar names confuse you. ^.^; ))

((What happened to my board? Oo))
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Galio View Post
((I dunno, what DID happen to it?))
((Up until a few days ago, archival versions of all the threads containing many posts per thread were available on the Leauge of Legends server. For whatever reason, I am no longer able to access these web pages. The first page is still available via Google's snapshot feature here:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=us

I was able to save this as a PDF, however I can not find a snap shot of the second page. I'm working on rebuilding it with scripts in my free time, but it's proving more difficult than I had imagined.))

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Galio View Post
((Applying your statement to The Cryophoenix to myself because I can do stuff like that. For continuing things, the other Anivia and I had been planning a trip to the Shadow Isles. Now with this new hype, we could perhaps make a good RP including a lot of others. With the new releases, the old idea could actually become a really cool thing.))
((I've read through the previous engagements, and feel asthough this could become a really awesome idea. The only issue being that I have absolutely zero experience with any such an endeavor. I'd be more than happy to discuss it over the client with you.))

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwol View Post
"I understand you're seeking information about the Void? Perhaps I can lend assistance on the matter?"

-Tekun Valos
Anivia glances towards Tekun with surprise at the seemingly random observation. "Why certainly, Tekun. I've said before that I fear the coming of the void as one of the greatest threats to this world as a whole. Yet so much that I know of it is but rumors passed through the ears of many. It would be foolish not to try to understand as much about it as I possibly can." Her eyes narrow. "But who told you I was 'seeking?'"

Nwol

10-20-2012

Quote:
Anivia glances towards Tekun with surprise at the seemingly random observation. "Why certainly, Tekun. I've said before that I fear the coming of the void as one of the greatest threats to this world as a whole. Yet so much that I know of it is but rumors passed through the ears of many. It would be foolish not to try to understand as much about it as I possibly can." Her eyes narrow. "But who told you I was 'seeking?'"
"I kill Void for a living. They're South of the Barrier, they run rampant and they range from easy to step on to why isn't the Institute doing anything about this. What do you want me to know and where should I start? Also...it's kinda hard to not hear the summoners gossip about how a pheonix made of ice sought out Kha'Zix."

Dear Cryophoenix

10-20-2012

"To kill anything for a living is a sad profession." Anivia sighs, looking away. "It is not the denizens of the void that pique my curiosity so much as the void itself. Where is it that these creatures come from? What kind of world could breed such a hunger? What kind of power lurks within the Void, awaiting it's chance to strike out? When scouting new territories, a state employs warriors and spies. Who is to say the true denizens of the Void cannot be reasoned with?"

She turns back slowly pacing around her small room. "I spoke to Kha'Zix because his memories of that world are yet fresh. I would hear the first hand accounts of what the Void truly is before I think to cast judgement. I have yet to know a species that is pure evil, pure hunger and greed for their own sake. There must be a reason for the death and distruction they wreak opon the lands of Valoran."

Nwol

10-20-2012

Quote:
"To kill anything for a living is a sad profession." Anivia sighs, looking away. "It is not the denizens of the void that pique my curiosity so much as the void itself. Where is it that these creatures come from? What kind of world could breed such a hunger? What kind of power lurks within the Void, awaiting it's chance to strike out? When scouting new territories, a state employs warriors and spies. Who is to say the true denizens of the Void cannot be reasoned with?"

She turns back slowly pacing around her small room. "I spoke to Kha'Zix because his memories of that world are yet fresh. I would hear the first hand accounts of what the Void truly is before I think to cast judgement. I have yet to know a species that is pure evil, pure hunger and greed for their own sake. There must be a reason for the death and distruction they wreak opon the lands of Valoran."
"I'm sorry but I rather be blunt about it. Someone has to do something down there. Anyway...These being comes from the spaces between realms or the most outer planes of the land. Alot of it blends together but the closest one that's knocking on our door has this purple tinge to it. It goes on forever and the place itself is the most unwelcome thing I've ever felt. It's like the plane itself wants to devour you."

Tekun shuttered. "It's a violent and wicked place not meant for anyone sane. There are worse things than Cho'gath running about down South too. There are intelligent ones...leaders who are powerful. These are things that cannot be reasoned with. They'd sooner taint you and turn you into one of their own. They're like locust, going from one plane to another and consuming everything they can before they decide to move on. The reason is simple enough, they want Runeterra so they can continue to expand."

Dear Cryophoenix

10-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwol View Post
"I'm sorry but I rather be blunt about it. Someone has to do something down there. Anyway...These being comes from the spaces between realms or the most outer planes of the land. Alot of it blends together but the closest one that's knocking on our door has this purple tinge to it. It goes on forever and the place itself is the most unwelcome thing I've ever felt. It's like the plane itself wants to devour you."

Tekun shuttered. "It's a violent and wicked place not meant for anyone sane. There are worse things than Cho'gath running about down South too. There are intelligent ones...leaders who are powerful. These are things that cannot be reasoned with. They'd sooner taint you and turn you into one of their own. They're like locust, going from one plane to another and consuming everything they can before they decide to move on. The reason is simple enough, they want Runeterra so they can continue to expand."
Anivia pauses in her pacing as she listens to Tekun's description. "Yes, I have heard the tales of visitors: Twisting, desolate landscapes shrowded in fog with danger lurking about every corner. A world incomprehensible to those of this plane. Is it not strange that an infinite plane would find the need to expand?

She waves a wing towards her surroundings: a small cottage built in the fashion of the humans scarcely fitting her avian form. "If I built my home out of ice at my temperature, and perfected it to match my flight patterns and body size, would you not find it unbearable? I would rather hear of a world from those who have evolved in that world. I cannot bring myself to judge the infinite based on the actions of the few I have witnessed."

Nwol

10-20-2012

Quote:
Anivia pauses in her pacing as she listens to Tekun's description. "Yes, I have heard the tales of visitors: Twisting, desolate landscapes shrowded in fog with danger lurking about every corner. A world incomprehensible to those of this plane. Is it not strange that an infinite plane would find the need to expand?

She waves a wing towards her surroundings: a small cottage built in the fashion of the humans scarcely fitting her avian form. "If I built my home out of ice at my temperature, and perfected it to match my flight patterns and body size, would you not find it unbearable? I would rather hear of a world from those who have evolved in that world. I cannot bring myself to judge the infinite based on the actions of the few I have witnessed."

"That would be true Anivia. I would not stand such a place. But these things...they've razed desert cities in Shurima and left nothing but corruption and death. Those who are...strong. Their clear leaders. They treat it like a conquest. Just another war front. You're free to make that judgement but I would sooner fight then even attempt any sort of diplomacy. Talking is a sure fire way to get thralled."