The new Twisted Treeline

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PrinceVert

10-19-2012

I don't like the snowbally approach and the deathmatch gameplay style:

Welcome to:

The twisted SNOWBALL HARDCORE 360 LOCKED CAMERA SKILLSHOT treeline

Nucleotyde

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eepavich View Post
I disagree with the wall to stop creeps from charging the base, I feel like this adds some strategy to the game and means that if one hero survives the push they can defend effectively. Maybe just move the nexus a little forward to make the path that the creeps take to the nexus further away from the fountain so that they dont wander into it by accident but allow a smart summoner to defend his nexus until his team respawns
Honestly, that might have been the worst part of the original map. Treeline is supposed to be a smaller map with shorter games, but the longest game I've ever played was on TT. It didn't add any depth because if you took both inhibs and they kept kiting the minions into the base, even if they could beat your team in teamfights in the base they could basically never successfully push out. So you end up with a frustrated team that can't finish a game they won long ago fighting a team that's already lost but won't surrender because they keep winning fights. Granted, there are some games that I've seen won after a turtle-fest, but they are the vast minority.

I haven't played on the new TT enough to give a real opinion on it, but I like everything I've seen so far except the lack of wards. And I'll have to play a few games to get a real opinion on it. TT is broken as hell in its current state, and there's no reason for it to stand alongside the other maps when it's of a such lower quality. I'm thrilled that they're finally doing something with it.

Meshly

10-19-2012

You disgust me.

Eryn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-19-2012

I'm glad I don't know you then ^.^

NeilPatrickTaric

10-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by E1C View Post
Seems like, as far as I can tell, high elo players are excited for the new map.
How bout you check out the thread named."The Altars..." .. cause as far as I can tell... people really dislike what has become of the super simplified Twisted Treelines.

Ps.. you saying games will last as little as 10 minutes proves to me you haven't played the beta yet.. out of 10 games played, 8/10 lasted 30+ minutes. Maybe people haven't gotten the flow of things yet but wtf is the funnof a 10 minute game anyways? Why not just delete the jungle, the towers and the inhibs and have it be a race to see who canndestroy the others nexus first? Shorter games = more fun after all... right?

Waverhouse

10-19-2012

Original TT only really needed a wall between fountain and nexus and some helpful AP items. Maybe replace speed buff with classic SR blue, and make the red buff more AP friendly. Make dragon a little tougher. That's really about it, it would have cost Riot a pretty small amount of money.

The new map is cool and all, but I hope they release it as a separate map option because really: what does Riot have to lose if they have both options to play? The player base is big enough to support another map.

And for what it's worth, I prefer the overly colorful and cartoony look of TT as is. I liked the days when LoL was a collection of a bunch of champions that didn't make sense, instead of this new 'dark badass epic' feel they're trying to go for.

VeNiiC

10-19-2012

This map looks amazing. And anyone complaining should uninstall because this is what everyone was asking for and Riot delivered. You all should be super thankful and ****ing in ur pants because this looks ****ing awesome.

NeilPatrickTaric

10-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeNiiC View Post
This map looks amazing. And anyone complaining should uninstall because this is what everyone was asking for and Riot delivered. You all should be super thankful and ****ing in ur pants because this looks ****ing awesome.
You haven't played it.. hold your tongue. And we did NOT ask for Altars and Shrines or for them to destroy the jungle or improve the tanky DPS role even more by adding items catered to them. In fact, I believe we asked for the exact opposite of all these things.

fiddlesticksssss

10-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeNiiC View Post
Do you like dominion? BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT YOU WILL GET. There is no laning, there is no jungling, there is no ganking, there is only a big **** fest of ass raping for altar control points, and vilemaw "who is pretty cool dude". This isn't TT, this isn't what any real TT player wanted. You obviously A: only played summoners rift or B: haven't tried the new TT.

ABU BATAAT4AA

10-19-2012

babaaaaaaaa