Summoner Icon Rewards

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kennylaggins

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prail View Post
I've spent something like $1,500 on this game. Such a slap in the face.

Guess it's delusional to think anything other than you guys are just after the next dollar though, right? : )

If you spent so much just buy more, wtf. I have spent a great deal of money on riot's pixels, I plan to get the top tier icon. Why qq when money obviously doesn't matter, 'cause you already spent a laughable amount.

Calderweiss

10-18-2012

This doesn't have to encourage you to spend. It's your choice. I would rather have them then not have them. You people were already saving for harrowing, so you might as well get an extra bonus for it. They just thought of this. They are very busy people. They can't think of everything, but they think of a lot. Stop raging and complaining, people, it's still league of legends, but even better then it WAS.

DeeBeeP

10-18-2012

Hippalus, the most this "promotion" will do is alienate your players that simply want an icon but don't have the means or the desire to pay exorbitant sum of money for them. You can call it an "experiment" but viewing this subjectively it looks like another one of Riot's money-grabs to try and extort customers. People complained when Riot stopped offering new champions for anything lower than 6300 IP, they complained when Mecha Kha'Zix cost more than the actual champion, people are complaining about Ward skins, and now people are complaining about this. When does it stop? When can we expect a stable pricing scheme without worrying when the next price-hike or "experiment" is coming?

All you had to do was put these icons in the shop at a reasonable price for a limited time during the holidays and people would have bought them and no one would have complained.

Smuggler167

10-18-2012

iv been playing since nearly the start of the game and have spent over $1,300 unfortunatly i can no longer afford more then a rare $10 purchase so will i be getting these icons or would i have to try to buy $70 of rp to get the (10,000RP) summoner icons i really hope not i want them so bad

BigM0mma

10-18-2012

I dont understand why everyone complains all the time. If you want it buy it. I'll be eating Ramen noodles for a week but who cares. I'm getting something I want. And if you can't afford $70 once a year for a special occasion then you shouldn't even be paying for internet. It's not like you don't know its coming. You have an entire year to save for the special holiday oriented items.

GunbladeGod

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

I bought a lot of RP on October 1st. I hope they don't somehow go unaccounted for! I also plan on buying and spending more but that first amount would greatly help me get the further tier icons.

November Terra

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeBeeP View Post
Hippalus, the most this "promotion" will do is alienate your players that simply want an icon but don't have the means or the desire to pay exorbitant sum of money for them. You can call it an "experiment" but viewing this subjectively it looks like another one of Riot's money-grabs to try and extort customers. People complained when Riot stopped offering new champions for anything lower than 6300 IP, they complained when Mecha Kha'Zix cost more than the actual champion, people are complaining about Ward skins, and now people are complaining about this. When does it stop? When can we expect a stable pricing scheme without worrying when the next price-hike or "experiment" is coming?

All you had to do was put these icons in the shop at a reasonable price for a limited time during the holidays and people would have bought them and no one would have complained.
Buying anything gives an Icon. You dont need them all.

Hippalus

eCommerce Director

10-18-2012
15 of 46 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prail View Post
I've spent something like $1,500 on this game. Such a slap in the face.

Guess it's delusional to think anything other than you guys are just after the next dollar though, right? : )
In the next several months you will have access to rewards that other don't because of your lifetime RP spending. This particular promotion has nothing to do with lifetime RP spending.

ThaDean

10-18-2012

hey Hippalus, when are you thinking about addressing the temporary ward skin thing?
I made a thread that summarizes my opinion about the idea, in what I think to be a reasonable way, if you care to read it.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...0#post30392550

Cewelowic

10-18-2012

So there is a way to get EXACTLY 10k RP bought, with 20$ and 50$ options. Will this get me the highest tier icon?