Summoner Icon Rewards

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

coldthrone

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00011011S View Post
I'm still completely confused; what is the time period (if any) you have to have bought RP in to qualify for this? Is it lifetime? This year? September-November 13? Becuase it sounds like you're still saying October 1 to November 13 which is what it was in the first place.
If you purchased ANY RP from october first to november 13th, you qualify for your corresponding icon. If you purchased RP in september or previous that means you do not qualify for the icon. However, if you had say 2000 RP that has been sitting in your inventory for a while, you may spend it during the time period and the amount spent will contribute towards the icons.

I bought 3500 RP using a 25 dollar prepaid card on october 5th. That qualifies me for tier 3 icons. However say I had bought it in september. I do not qualify for any icon unless I spend the RP during the period of october 1 to november 13. So I can spend 1000/3500 RP and qualify for tier 1 or spend 2000/3500 for tier 2 and on.

November Terra

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

They better not change it lower. I saw the announement and had already bought 2800 RP, so I bought an additional 7200 to make 10k.

Hippalus

eCommerce Director

10-18-2012
9 of 46 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00011011S View Post
I'm still completely confused; what is the time period (if any) you have to have bought RP in to qualify for this? Is it lifetime? This year? September-November 13? Becuase it sounds like you're still saying October 1 to November 13 which is what it was in the first place.
Yeah I know it's somewhat confusing - I'll try again. There are two ways to earn these icons.

#1) By buying RP between October 1 - November 13. It doesn't matter when you spend it. The total amount of RP bought determines which tier you earn. Icons earned this way will be distributed DURING the Shadow Isles promotion.

#2) By spending RP between October 1 - November 13. It doesn't matter when you bought it. The total amount of RP spent determines which tier you earn. Icons earned this way will be distributed AFTER the Shadow Isles promotion (and only if you haven't already been given the icon).

B0red0mFTW

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

wait... I iz confused now O_o'

I bought 35$ worth of RP last week, that's 5k RP, immediately after I bought a 50-win IP boost (for the double IP this weekend XD) for 2560 RP.....
So does that mean I have to buy 5k more IP to get the icons?
Or I have to actually but AND spend 7440 IP for the icons?

Also the icons are permanent, right? :S

Edit:
Shen'd by Hippalus himself...
Well... 1st question answered...

Ktone

Recruiter

10-18-2012

Are we ensuring that people who spend RP they purchased from Oct 1 - Nov 13 aren't getting Double. Buying and purchasing credit?

Zerglinator

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
Yeah I know it's somewhat confusing - I'll try again. There are two ways to earn these icons.

#1) By buying RP between October 1 - November 13. It doesn't matter when you spend it. The total amount of RP bought determines which tier you earn. Icons earned this way will be distributed DURING the Shadow Isles promotion.

#2) By spending RP between October 1 - November 13. It doesn't matter when you bought it. The total amount of RP spent determines which tier you earn. Icons earned this way will be distributed AFTER the Shadow Isles promotion (and only if you haven't already been given the icon).
Does it stack?

If I bought 5000 and spent 5000, do I get the rewards for 10,000?

Bonus Chromosome

10-18-2012

do you need to spend the rp? or can you just buy it, spend some and save some for later?

Starcano

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post

Do they stack? Say I SPEND 50$ worth of RP, then PURCHASE 50$ worth of RP (but don't spend it) -- Will I get tier 5?

Hippalus

eCommerce Director

10-18-2012
10 of 46 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeaCubed View Post
Any news about the Ward Skins and whether or not they will become permanent? I'm interested in buying some RP for permanent ward skins but not for rentals.

Thanks!
Still evaluating the feedback on ward skins and figuring out what is possible at this stage. I will address that in the other thread(s) when I have something to share.

Hippalus

eCommerce Director

10-18-2012
11 of 46 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ktone View Post
Are we ensuring that people who spend RP they purchased from Oct 1 - Nov 13 aren't getting Double. Buying and purchasing credit?
There will be no stacking or double counting. RP purchased will be totaled separately from RP spent.