Summoner Icon Rewards

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OneVendetta

10-18-2012

hippalus how old are u? just curious :>

Swanhaven

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by A5B4 View Post
You really want people Achievement whoring?
Indifferent about it, but the JoJ has been shut down for a year with nothing to show for it.

I'd rather not hear 'soon' again, and to be perfectly honest, this whole thing reeks of 'cash grab', from the rented ward skins to the icons.

Hippalus

eCommerce Director

10-18-2012
7 of 46 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrika View Post
Would me buying championship riven like a week ago count towards this?
Yes, all purchases from October 1 - November 13 will count towards this.

Citizen Snips

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-18-2012

Is there a reason you chose October 1st as the cut off date? I'm sure I'm not the only one who bought RP for the Kha'zix bundle, which conveniently went on sale 3 days before the cut off. It's not like this is an October only thing since it extends well into November, so why are you excluding the people who bought Kha'zix on release?

ktae inuit

10-18-2012

and hippalus, does spending and purchasing stack? could I spend 2925 and buy 7075 to get all five icons? and lastly, do riot point bonuses count towards total riot points purchased?
thanks!

Silent Reaper

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
Some people bought a lot of RP in September and are planning to spend it for Shadow Isles but are disappointed that wouldn't earn them any summoner icon rewards under the current plan. Therefore, we are going to add up the total RP spent in that time period and allow players to qualify for rewards that way as well. Make any more sense?
I like this idea.

But why not just give players the option of also being able to unlock a certain icon simply by using say, 200 RP?

That Other Guy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

I'm still completely confused; what is the time period (if any) you have to have bought RP in to qualify for this? Is it lifetime? This year? September-November 13? Becuase it sounds like you're still saying October 1 to November 13 which is what it was in the first place.

Yuan Shikai

10-18-2012

Little question: Do the tier rewards only incorporate the base rp or do the bonus rp of a purchase count for it too?

Hippalus

eCommerce Director

10-18-2012
8 of 46 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael8308 View Post
So if I buy one of the ward skins with 25 rp will I get the first tier icon even though I didnt buy anything during that time?
Yes, the Spiteful Specter will be given to anyone who spends any amount of RP from October 1 - November 13.

Dman2008

10-18-2012

Do you only get benefit from Buying OR spending RP, or will the two be combined towards the icons? It sounds like it is one or the other, but figured I would ask.