Earn Sinister Summoner Icons with RP Purchases

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Asukie

10-18-2012

Does refunding rp count as getting rp?

AgitatedOne

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoketBeast View Post
not sure has this question been answered or not.
i had 2.4k rp at around october 1, i bought 25 dollars worth of rp before october 1.
so does it mean i enter the 2k rp spent range? or do i have to use em and buy skins/champion?*
Judging from the wording, I'm afraid not. You actually need to buy the RP from October 1st to November 3rd, not have it before the icons come out.

Hence why some players who do Tourny stuff or already have pretty much all the content *see, really veteran players, pros, people who already spend a bunch of money on this game*.

I'm afraid that in order to effectively get into the 2k rp range is to buy 2k rp now... best case scenario is to bug support, but the time range is fairly generous considering that we have 2 weeks from before now added so that October buyers do get something.

ProfChaos

10-18-2012

I was mad about this one, I mulled it over, and I kinda like this now. I'm going to buy some halloween skins anyways so I'll get a new icon. I still think tier 5 is a little steep for a month's purchases though. I've mulled over the ward skins too....... still hate it

Jankster

10-18-2012

Does buying a prepaid card count towards this Rp?

Kojou Senpai

10-18-2012

NOOO. Riot you will make me broke

InsidiousAtheist

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
Thanks for the support I am frequently surprised by the hate generated by some of my efforts to bring new content to players in new ways, but I respect their opinions and will continue to learn from it.

Yes, Riot cards count. You just need to redeem the card during the qualifying window.

I am not as familiar with the plans for Team Icons as that was an eSports (as opposed to eCommerce) initiative, but I believe I heard that they will last through the end of season two.
Maybe you guys should consider selling individual team icons. Many people here like representing their favorite team and buy giving them a opportunity to keep it would be nice. Plus the teams themselves, I am sure, would like to keep them.

stealthattack1

10-18-2012

very nice riot. love the bonus, kinda screwed up with the ward skins being so temporary, shoulda made them cost more but last a month, week is too short, but permanent summoner icons, very cool. now i just wish i had more than 25$ to spend!

Zer0HP

10-18-2012

No one was raging about the price of RP, but now that the RP comes with Bonus Icons = getting more for the same $$, it's suddenly all too expensive. Do any of you realize how stupid that is? OMG! LMFAO! You're not paying one red cent for the Icon and last I checked no one said you have to buy RP at all.

WoketBeast

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgitatedOne View Post
Judging from the wording, I'm afraid not. You actually need to buy the RP from October 1st to November 3rd, not have it before the icons come out.

Hence why some players who do Tourny stuff or already have pretty much all the content *see, really veteran players, pros, people who already spend a bunch of money on this game*.

I'm afraid that in order to effectively get into the 2k rp range is to buy 2k rp now... best case scenario is to bug support, but the time range is fairly generous considering that we have 2 weeks from before now added so that October buyers do get something.
thanks for answering my question so swiftly, i'll go ask bug support as suggested to make sure!
+thumbs up!

Jordanoceros

10-18-2012

buying and paying for that much RP for a visual upgrade I won't even see outside of a game lobby and home screen? something similar games let you customize yourself and change for free?

thanks for the laugh today riot, I needed it XD

ALSO ATTENTION SUMMONERS!
If this is your first season, you're probably not familiar with riot black friday sales. they are the best sales of the year; so outside of Halloween skins try to hold and save all of your RP until then. we're talking typical %75 sales on popular skins, champ sales and more; it is by FAR the best sale of the year!!!!