Earn Sinister Summoner Icons with RP Purchases

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hydronica

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
You will be fine as long as you bought in October.
@ Hippalus

Just want to confirm if I've reached the 10k mark even with that weird "InComm" thing.

For all you people going to downvote me I was going to spend this much anyways on the awesome skins... Pretty much a lot or all of them.

edit: I knew it. Downvotes

Atleast I want one response from Hip to confirm even with the InComm thing.

pigpill

10-18-2012

I just bought $70 worth a couple days ago so I guess I am set. But really riot. Make some more icons, and make them easily obtainable. It's not like they are hard to make by any means.

FnKraze

10-18-2012

Hippalus,

Will bonus count toward total RP bought? For instance, the $50.00 gives 7200 total RP but 700 is a bonus, does the bonus RP count?

Stealeroflife

10-18-2012

These icons are awesome, but seeing as I don't have the money to buy 10,000 RP, it would be nice to be able to just buy them with RP.

AgitatedOne

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

Don't get me wrong, I'm already getting them all up to the evil tree icon already... but, to put things in perspective, in order to get ALL the icons, you would need to spend $70.

You don't need to buy anything with the $70 worth of RP... but really?

I mean... I might still do it, but only because I know I'll spend money later on... it's a shame this doesn't take into account the account's whole history though or I'd have 5 other tiers of icons.

AbiqSpidA

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

Looks like Riot really only cares about money.

WoketBeast

10-18-2012

not sure has this question been answered or not.
i had 2.4k rp at around october 1, i bought 25 dollars worth of rp before october 1.
so does it mean i enter the 2k rp spent range? or do i have to use em and buy skins/champion?*

PrincessFlowers

10-18-2012

I think the icons look coo and I'm glad Riot is finally adding new icons, but (yes, but) I don't really feel like icons should be attached to RP purchases. I felt the same way with the PFE icon too. I think they'd be more fun if they were like little badges of, "Hey, I was there!" like with the Riven icon. If you played a game between x date and y date you'd get an icon for participating and being a part of the LoL community at that point in time or (if it had worked) inputted a code shown during an event. I think it'd be much cooler if everyone got a Halloween '12 icon just for playing a game in the month of October, rather than attaching it to RP purchases. That's just my opinion though.

Lord Zephalia

10-18-2012

seems a lot steep for summoners icons.
Honestly, riot should give it to players that have already spent that much money on it because ive spent well over 300$ and i dont really think spending another $50+ is worth it. I know that they come "free" with purchases but it doesnt seem right.

SlappindaBass

10-18-2012

no retroactive for you muhahahha