Earn Sinister Summoner Icons with RP Purchases

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jesodoth

10-18-2012

Rewards for people buying RP in the future, but not for people who've already spent a lot of money on the game.

No long time customer rewards or benefits?

Agent of God

10-18-2012

lol at all these butthurt ****. these icons are just a little bonus for buying rp

Eric5

10-18-2012

when can i get new iteM?? i already bought RP 5000 at October 14

Flackburn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

This is how they respect us as loyal players? They give us crappy icons for over 2 years and now when they come out with something better looking they make us pay for it. How about allow us to already get the icons if we ALREADY spent money buying RP in the past? You want us to help you with the Tribunal and give us crappy IP for it. How baout better Summoner faces like these for helping? Any way to pay for the Championship that you just had eh? Gotta make back that Million you gave away is what I think.

Refugee

10-18-2012

I honestly don't care about these icons. I love new content and such but mostly because it shows a company is making an effort. Anyway, since some people are clearly upset about this here is an idea.

I'm sure RP expenditures correlate pretty highly with RP purchases. Just make it so that you get icons for RP purchases OR expenditures at the levels given. You won't get quite as much sales boost but you still motivate non-paying players to start their RP addiction (which let's face it, that's the biggest thing we're after isn't it) and no one can complain that they it's unfair that they bought a million dollars worth of RP last month but get no icon. You'll of course be giving away the tier 1 icon to every paying customer for free when combined with the ward skins (25 RP spent to get ward skin and tier 1 icon) but chalk it up as a measure of good will.

Now that I have solved yet another insolvable problem I must fly off to the middle east to put a stop to generations of conflict.

Nintura

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BitLock View Post
So.... i just made a 5k RP purchase yesterday.... where are my summoner icons?
read the red posts

Leblonjames

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent of God View Post
lol at all these butthurt ****. these icons are just a little bonus for buying rp
people are mad because they wanted to buy summoner icon for along time. now the only way to get em is to buy RP. Its not cool.

Fathootz

10-18-2012

Okay not everyone is a 15 year old with rich parents riot.

I've been playing for a year now and i've spent alot of money on RP..bought lots of skins and new champions..basically all the ones i want..I've been waiting forever for new summoner icons and the only way i can get these is to spend even more money..
I am starting to see why everyone accuses you guys of being a greedy company, i am glad i have been saving IP to buy champs for the last few weeks and after this i don't think i will be purchasing any more RP at all
Seriously how about a reward for the people have already spent money on 10,000 RP more than a few times.

zRoyalGuardian

10-18-2012

i bought a $25 card and put it my account yesterday but now it didnt give me the icon

Skyairen

10-18-2012

what about everyone who bought $100 worth of rp during the double rp bonus week. LOL.