*HOW-TO* Hack your hud (by editing the .gfx files)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

herpderptastic

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBziur View Post
Hello Guys. It's been some time.

I'd like to inform you of a UI tool that's being under developement. It would be nice to hear your opinions, suggestions and requests, what you would from the tool expect. It's currently in alpha so it needs testing.

Check out the link: https://sourceforge.net/projects/skinlol/files/

Currently it allows to change placement of elements and groups, disabling and enabling elements and whole groups, and it supports drag and drop. More is to come so keep the eye out and help with developement.

This is absolutely amazing. I run multiple monitors via eyefinity and it currently breaks the league HUD sending windows like the minimap to the far right of the right most monitor and windows like your character info to the far left.

I've been looking for a fix to this for over a year since Riot has no eyefinity support for ATI users and a lot of other people do to. This was stupid easy, I just dragged the minimap all the way right and sure enough it worked. This was a HUGE quality of life improvement, thank you very much.

Edit: One thing I'd add in there is some kind of tool for moving the UI around accurately for large resolutions like 5760x1080. Currently by moving the minimap from the bottom right anchor point to the farthest left brings it to the left most corner of the right monitor(see: screenshot)

*******http://i.imgur.com/YtChW.jpg********

Edit2: For clarification this is after I attempted to fix the minimap position. Normally it would be all the way to the right of that screenshot, thus making a quick glance at the minimap a big deal.

TheBziur

10-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaKESAL3 View Post
This is absolutely amazing. I run multiple monitors via eyefinity and it currently breaks the league HUD sending windows like the minimap to the far right of the right most monitor and windows like your character info to the far left.

I've been looking for a fix to this for over a year since Riot has no eyefinity support for ATI users and a lot of other people do to. This was stupid easy, I just dragged the minimap all the way right and sure enough it worked. This was a HUGE quality of life improvement, thank you very much.

Edit: One thing I'd add in there is some kind of tool for moving the UI around accurately for large resolutions like 5760x1080. Currently by moving the minimap from the bottom right anchor point to the farthest left brings it to the left most corner of the right monitor(see: screenshot)

*******http://i.imgur.com/YtChW.jpg********

Edit2: For clarification this is after I attempted to fix the minimap position. Normally it would be all the way to the right of that screenshot, thus making a quick glance at the minimap a big deal.
Glad you liked it ^^
I have sent the feedback to developer already.

Meanwhile result of my work on new UI.
I'd love to hear your opinion about it.

http://drop.st/Pdy4Gm

There is yet quite some of work, done most of the graphics though
However I'd love to replace signs with some nice icons. (I suck at pixelart though :<)

Feedback plz~~

EDIT: Currently on DeviantArt: http://bziur.deviantart.com/#/d5idbt5

Davidior

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phauxe View Post
Hello there, I have read this thread quite a bit and I am still lost. I have created these panels for a custom UI and now I want to begin to code/install it. I was wondering where to find the files I need edit to make this happen? Do I need to simply save the new images or is there coding involved? If so any help is much appreciated. I did try and follow your directory to my files but its not the same. Here are screenshots of my ui I made. Any info on getting this installed is much appreciated. Thanks.
Damn. Can you publish that UI??

Gar1ock

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-24-2013

So I've been modding the (screen resolution).ini files in the hud folder for the better part of an hour with zero results. Mostly I'm trying to change the XPos and YPos to move some things around. Does this method no longer work? Am I missing something?

noteventhatgood

03-25-2013

haxhaxhax

TheBziur

04-05-2013

Hello there I've put some tool to help editing /elements/*.ini files on leaguecraft
If youre here looking for how to mod LoL HUD this might come in handy

Quote:
So I've been modding the (screen resolution).ini files in the hud folder for the better part of an hour with zero results. Mostly I'm trying to change the XPos and YPos to move some things around. Does this method no longer work? Am I missing something?
You could try modifying RAF/data/menu/hud/hud2012/elements/*.ini files.
For your purposes changing BaseOffset value would be enough. The value is percentage value, it can be negative if you want to move something left. first value is horizontal, second vertical, so supposedly "BaseOffset: 1,0" would move element by 100% of the screen to the right, but remember it is scaled so most likely you'd need something like "BaseOffset: 1.2,0". You have to experiment a bit.

jland13

04-25-2013

I am having trouble figuring out how to make it so my UI elements are all on my cener screen while running an eyefinnity setup with 3 monitors at 6052x1080 resolution. Can anyone help me? I've tried pretty much everything and am completely lost, thanks.

myrjin

05-20-2013

Hey JLanders, here is the settings I use - up to date as of today.
Note that I haven't moved the kills splash screen thing - I still haven't figured out what that is called.
HTH!

Use RafManager to update files - note that rightclicking on any folder allows you to search through all locations, much faster way to make changes.
Make sure you run RafManager as administrator, avoids a few potential bugs.

0.0.0.137/DATA/Menu/HUD/Hud2012/Elements/TargetBar_Frame_Portrait.ini
0.0.0.137/DATA/Menu/HUD/Hud2012/Elements/TargetBar_HealthBar.ini
0.0.0.137/DATA/Menu/HUD/Hud2012/Elements/TargetBar_Items.ini
0.0.0.137/DATA/Menu/HUD/Hud2012/Elements/TargetBar_PARBar.ini
0.0.0.137/DATA/Menu/HUD/Hud2012/Elements/TargetBar_Stats.ini
Changed BaseOffset to: 1.35,0

0.0.0.137/DATA/Menu/HUD/Hud2012/Elements/TargetBar_Stats.ini
changed BaseOffset to: 1.35,0

0.0.0.137/DATA/Menu/HUD/Hud2012/Elements/TeamFrames.ini
changed BaseOffset to: 1.34,0

0.0.0.141/DATA/Menu/HUD/Hud2012/Elements/TargetBar_Buffs.ini
changed BaseOffset: 1.35,0
NB: change the Y of this to put buffs above the targets frame

0.0.0.145/DATA/Menu/HUD/Hud2012/Elements/MinimapRight.ini
changed BaseOffset to: -1.34,0

0.0.0.163/DATA/Menu/HUD/Hud2012/Elements/ChampionLeft.ini
changed BaseOffset: 1.35,0

0.0.0.163/DATA/Menu/HUD/Hud2012/Elements/TitanBar.ini
changed BaseOffset: -1.35,0

Akuen

06-24-2013

I'm curious as to a couple of things in regards to the current hud. I've been modifying purely the HUDAtlas2.tga to achieve a chrome/metal effect (current progress/in game).

The first thing I'm wondering is about the outer limits of this particular particle on the skills panel (highlighted in red). I'm also wondering what the particles highlighted in yellow do. I'm assuming the bar above them is for the scoreboard/shop but I'm not sure.

If anyone could help me with this I'd really appreciate it.

herpderptastic

08-19-2013

free bump for an awesome program