Ward Skins Coming Soon

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Darkness4910

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

I think Riot would earn money if those were permanent.

MoonheadD2

10-18-2012

Can you please make these permanently purchasable, the way it is now is just lame.

Boosts should be the only thing that only works for a certain amount of time.

I like these ward skins and originally wanted to buy them all just for the heck of it and the fact that it is a cool idea, but this way I just feel cheated. If I buy something I want to keep it, this is online content there is really no downside to keeping these activated (although there is one to keeping Boosts active, which is why they aren't permanent) and you are basically just wasting your own work by not making them permanent, because no matter what they will have to stay on the servers for atleast 1 year even if only one guy buys a years worth of wards of one kind.

I am willing to pay more to keep these ward skins, but I am not willing to pay anything if I can't have these skins only for a short time.

But if you really want to make them only available for one week, then make them purchasable permanently after the player has bought them once, this way you can let the players try out if they really like these skins (to be honest I highly doubt that was your intention here).

Please Riot, you don't have to worry about players breaking the theme of the game, because you already screwed that up when you made Season-specific skins playable at all times (I always play Maokai with his Christmas skin.... ALWAYS!).

Come on Riot, at least explain why you are doing this.

Sincerely, MoonheadD2

sleepyj101

10-18-2012

Must say I rather excited as a support player. Now I'm rather disappointed. I won't be purchasing these.

Ytraz

10-18-2012

what a waste. will not buy these TEMPORARY ward skins.

Xpyder

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

multiply the cost by 5 and make it permanent and we'll close the deal here! Temporary.... horrible things... i sense horrible things... next step, weekly skins... omg... my head... stop it!! Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

TheFlyingSpoon

10-18-2012

Umm not having season/holiday-based wards available all year 'round for everyone is a good idea. Also, making the option to have these ward skins available year 'round for someone that's willing to blow $100 on them is ALSO a good idea.

lol. If I was a forum mod, I would probably be quickly fired because I'd be handing out forum bans like hotcakes!

Delicious and plentiful hotcakes!

WardJumpForJesus

10-18-2012

you should just up the price and make it permanent. if you don't want the ward skins year round make it player only that can see it or something. this is a great idea being implemented poorly.

LAZORKITTEH

10-18-2012

temp = no ty.

Hippalus

eCommerce Director

10-18-2012
5 of 7 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PodunkTheMighty View Post
That's neat, but I wish they weren't a rental, and that they weren't all halloween themed.
If players like the concept of ward skins, the longer term plan would likely be to have permanent ward skins year round plus lower cost rentals for the holidays. This is an experiment with a new type of content and it doesn't make sense to offer permanent non-holiday ward skins until we see if players use and enjoy it.

Baron Von Bacons

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
The goal here is not to have ghosts and bats popping up all over Summoner's Rift all year round. It is a Harrowing/Shadow Isles promotion to add a new element to the event and help us understand how players like and use ward skins.
Except you have given the option for people to buy a years worth. Effectively making it year round--for more money.