Ward Skins Coming Soon

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jortalus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

I would definitely buy ward skins if they had a higher cost but lasted forever. Even though the one I want (tomb angel) is incredibly cheap, I never like the idea of having to rent something. I buy skins because I know I will have them forever; I wouldn't buy a champion skin if it were temporary, and as sorry as I am to say it, I won't be buying ward skins because I don't want to suddenly be without them.

caidus

10-18-2012

Wait they aint permanent? wow that's a ripoff i'm voting with my dollar and not buying any of those.

Kamai

10-18-2012

Riot, this is outright stupid. I can understand a short duration on the ip wards, but the RP ones? NO!!! Why can't you make it maybe to have ip for the temp skins, while paying RP to make them permanent?

tsjakkeh

10-18-2012

Ye... so disappointing that there's no option to permanently buy them. Won't be wasting money on these :/

Noctix

10-18-2012

Good idea, but poor execution in my opinion. I'd gladly pay more IP/RP for a permanent ward skin. I for one don't like buying temporary things so that's a huge turn off for me.

Tigrian

10-18-2012

I think i know what you mean by the post, but it's not what was said. Some clarification would be cool. The post indicated when purchased, the ward skins only last for a week in yoru inventory....So if i purchase 52 of them, it wouldn't really matter as they only last for a week. Ie- all 52 are gone a week after purchase. Did you, perhaps, mean that upon activation they last for a week?

IrrationalNoob

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
The goal here is not to have ghosts and bats popping up all over Summoner's Rift all year round. It is a Harrowing/Shadow Isles promotion to add a new element to the event and help us understand how players like and use ward skins.
Permanent option please

Yaddar

10-18-2012

League of Legends is the MOST PLAYED GAME IN THE WORLD

they gave MILLIONS of dollars worth of championship prices.

do you REALLY need to rent us the ward skins?

make them permanent, we are already supporting you well enough.

LuceilMechanica

10-18-2012

Logging in specifically to downvote and comment.

Riot, no.

Please just no.

I can understand yes, ward skins are an AMAZING idea! Skins for in game items and effects would be awesome, but limited time only? Make it perm or NOBODY is going to be interested, because I know I'm not nor is the rest of the community. Look I like you riot, but please drop the ridiculous prices on everything, and PLEASE start releasing cheaper champions, atleast 4800 champs! PLEASE.

Bort

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeeksNaman View Post

Here’s how they work. When you purchase a specific ward skin from the Wards tab of the League of Legends Store, it gets added to your inventory for one week.

You can activate a specific ward skin to change the appearance of your wards in game.

You can keep up to a year’s worth (52 weeks) of ward skins in your inventory at a time

Can you clarify ?

You say I purchase a ward and it gets added to my inventory for 1 week.

When I activate it, it changes the appearance of my wards, implying that its not instantaneous when I buy it, that theres a tab or something I go into in the game client.

Then you say I can have up to 52 weeks of wards in my inventory but you already told me they will only be there for 1 week.

Do I have to buy say 52 weeks and use them all to get them for the next 52 weeks ? Cause I could forsee there beeing xmas wards, and what if I like them, then what are my options?

Override my current ward skin ?

Lose out on the chance?

I am ok with limited availability. I am less ok with limited duration, but if am really not ok at the idea that when I purchase something there's a clock on how long I have to use it before its taken away, whether I used it or not.

I think perhaps your wording leaves some confusion as to the actual process - atleast to me.