Is the new TT more balanced around the champs?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BanditManSteve

10-17-2012

This was what deterred me from playing the original TT. Champs like mundo, swain, Tryn, AD sion, Xin, and pretty much anyone that could snowball, became unstoppable due to not having enough man power to shut them down. So you would always face some champ was balanced on SR, but stupidly OP on TT. Because of this I hated TT and promptly stopped playing it. So my big question is, Is this fixed in the new iteration of TT? I would like a red response if possible!

NeoShader

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-17-2012

More viable team comps: the item shop on Twisted Treeline now boasts an arsenal tailor-made to support every role in 3v3 combat, and the terrain has been modified to make blink champions easier to hunt down

Reactor22

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoShader View Post
More viable team comps: the item shop on Twisted Treeline now boasts an arsenal tailor-made to support every role in 3v3 combat, and the terrain has been modified to make blink champions easier to hunt down
nice copy and past skills there.

BanditManSteve

10-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reactor22 View Post
nice copy and past skills there.
Agreed >.>

I know what was said in the announcement. I want to know if I can go in to a game of TT and not have to worry about a Xin or Tryndamere becoming godlike in 10 minutes and acing teams at will like they did on the old map.

ProbablyTerribad

10-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanditManSteve View Post
Agreed >.>

I know what was said in the announcement. I want to know if I can go in to a game of TT and not have to worry about a Xin or Tryndamere becoming godlike in 10 minutes and acing teams at will like they did on the old map.
If this happens to you it is more of a testament of yours or your team mates skill, because Xin Zhao and Tryndamere aren't terribly scary and they're very easy to shut down. Xin especially. Unless you're talking blind pick, but then I don't know what to tell you.

BanditManSteve

10-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProbablyTerribad View Post
If this happens to you it is more of a testament of yours or your team mates skill, because Xin Zhao and Tryndamere aren't terribly scary and they're very easy to shut down. Xin especially. Unless you're talking blind pick, but then I don't know what to tell you.
Yeah ive never bothered with TT past blind pick. Maybe if I was counter picking them it would be easier. Im just using that as a general, slightly exaggerated example. Certain champions far outshined others on TT due to smaller team sizes and natural power. On SR you have 5 people that can focus on killing a powerful carry or mage, like swain or tryn, both of which NEED a lot of focus and strength to kill once fed. On TT, once they got ahead, there was literally no stopping them. Its the same concept with vayne. Im thinking if they did the same thing they did to dominion (replaced BT, and other snowballing items) and things like that it should make it a more balanced map, which is what its sounds like they did.

Basically, Certain champions were obvious superior picks compared to others. New itemization options will hopefully fix that, but I want to here a reds perspective on the problem and how the new TT tries to fix it.