Twisted Treeline Remake on PBE

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

doctarock

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-17-2012

I will raise my hand for retaining the classic TT map in addition to this new map also, I love the turtle games with late game turn around, allows you to get a full build in 3v3, loving having a new 3v3 map but would really miss the old TT.

At least leave it as an option in custom games... please!

Marcu Deslyn

10-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatestman View Post
That answer is really simple. They want to relaunch a map that a lot of people want to play, but haven't because of it's massive problems. They fixed those problems. They're going to do a big launch with it, in hopes that the FIXES and IMPROVEMENTS they made cause more people to play it. Why would they keep both TT maps, and split the player-base in half, especially when it's already a massively-smaller player base than Summoner's Rift. Not going to happen. Makes no sense.
You realize millions upon millions of people play this game. I think we can afford to divide them by adding a new map.

Also, the "fixes" and "improvements" are based on your opinion. I personally think just about all of their proposed changes sound good, since most of the new things eliminate things I personally dislike. I also understand though that a fair number of people out their like it, and I don't want them to see their map destroyed. I just don't understand why people fight to shut it down... you don't have to play it, and there will be plenty of players for your games.

For the Void!

Yata of Raven

10-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcu Deslyn View Post
There is still the fact that there are only three maps total. Why not just make it a separate map? Then you can keep the lore, the die-hard Twisted Treeline fan-base, and have a new kick-ass map I can be completely excited for.

Also, some of the "broken" things in Twisted Treeline are just viable (albeit often annoying) strategies for the map, and I don't say this because I'm a hardcore Twisted Treeline fan, I actually don't play it much.

But if it were a new map, players could choose to never play Twisted Treeline again, and avoid the "broken" mechanics, while people who have spent years mastering the map can stay there. Move ranked Twisted Treeline to Shadow Isles if you think it's unbalanced.
It just seems like this new map cannot be a completely good thing if it removes such a classic map when it could just be added separately.

For the Void!
I fully support making this Revamp a New 3v3 map, Instead of changing TT. Just name it the Spiders Forest and keep Twisted Treeline how it is,

TheWheatOne

10-17-2012

The hype is immense. I just hope it lives up to expectations and doesn't become another Crystal Scar, or stay the same old TT with everyone still going bot and abusing certain champs to their fullest. I'd love this to be a tournament/professional level map instead of an old off-beat that no one takes seriously.

Hotarukin

10-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by safelocked View Post
They have a home, I promise! We're taking a holistic look at the bios right now, and as you've seen with many of the bio rewrites, we'll make sure Maokai and Nocturne are lovingly taken care of too.

But... Maokai -and- Nocturne's existence were brought about partially by a Riot-sponsored event. Changing that is -maybe- changing the fact that the players played an important role in writing part of history.

kitae

Lead Designer

10-17-2012
35 of 50 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnFirinne View Post
So Twisted Treeline is now in the Shadow Isles, and Maokai is from the Twisted Treeline, so why isn't he on the promo page as a champion representing the Shadow Isles?
We will be revising Maokai's bio and he will retain a connection to twisted treeline but he will not be undead.

Maokai would regard the shadow isles as a perversion of all that was natural. He would never count himself as one of the champions of the shadow isles. He would desperately want to destroy any undead he met, or any human who chose to draw power from that unnatural place.

RenTed

10-17-2012

Why a remake ? GIVE US MORE MAP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zerglinator

10-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitae View Post
We will be revising Maoki's bio and he will retain a connection to twisted treeline but he will not be undead.

Maoki would regard the shadow isles as a perversion of all that was natural. He would never count himself as one of the champions of the shadow isles. He would desperately want to destroy any undead he met, or any human who chose to draw power from that unnatural place.
Seriously, IS HIS NAME MAOKI NOW?

I WILL ACCEPT IT, IF IT IS TRUE

EDIT: Aww, she fixed it. I was starting to like the sound of this Maoki guy.

gizmo3722

10-17-2012

The. The. The. Dragon... The... Bones... I will murder this spider beast so many times for killing my favorite dragon.

Wolvrage

10-17-2012

Didnt the elder lizard get named Grez after someone that invited like 10,000 ppl to LoL with the old reward system? It sucks if its getting removed it for 2 altars after all that hard work :S