@Riot Teemo NEED buffs, and here is why.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tsabo

10-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarksideEric View Post
You can say your first section for any champion. You can be the most awesome Morgana in the world, but if you play against people who really know how to play, she is screwed anyway. I've seen Talon's beat Morgs so badly mid that they had to pull her top another lane.

Again, you could say your second statement for a lot of champions.
But at certain degree they can be picked in solo play, teemo doesn't, that's the point, teemo is completely team dependant (100%), that's my point.

Tech Support

10-17-2012

I currently main Teemo on both this account and my other account. The only reason I have two is because one has legacy skins which is what I use when I want to brag that I've been around the block..

That being said, I feel he does alright for the ELO I am currently in. Once you get to the higher ELO range where most players have a pretty damn good idea on how to counter/play all roles, Teemo becomes a little bit outdated, even after his buff to his toxic shot, which helped tremendously. I have absolutely no problem killing most of the gap closers, and there's only 2 champions who can move faster than me with all 5 in Move Quick. Master Yi and Rammus. Both have to use abilities, and I shut both down VERY quickly. However, the gap closing abilities cause me to play very safely, and especially if I am against an Akali or later in game against a Xin or something, it's all about the kiting.

I feel Teemo requires a different mind set to be able to play effectively at higher levels. You are not a carry, not a support, and will likely get reported for itemizing tank, even if you do well. My basic build(no matter the lane..top, mid or bush-thief on bottom), is Malady/Wits, Rylai's, Madred's, GA and swiftness boots. That's it. The last item is purely up to how the round is going, and what they have more of. Unfortunately, with a snowballing Skarner or any other beefy jungler with an oracle, it kind of poses a problem, but that oracle champ is going to need to participate eventually, and Teemo specializes in tank killing.

Personally, I use hit and run tactics. AA -> Q -> AA -> run away. Repeat until low..then dive when you can score the kill. I don't know how many times I've had to explain how to play with a Teemo to other people. There's a pretty big reason Teemo has global taunt, and thus does not really participate in team fights 5v5..He acts like a carry that's not fed. Goes in when the big hitters have already burned their ult, and cleans up! I know it sounds cowardly, but with all of these champs that are coming out that are strict heavy hitters or strict tanks AND do significant damage, the older champs have to play a little smarter.

I love playing Teemo, and will continue to play him. There's always some one out there that underestimates my ability to play him or thinks that because I'm a squishy midget that doesn't have any gap closing ability that I'm easy food.

Feel free to 'King me on this name or on Psyoilent if you're interested in what I'm playing against, my ELO range, and how well I'm doing. It's not often I have a bad day, but it does happen.

Warm One

10-17-2012

Quote:
Except that's what it looks like. There's no mention of what game type, ELO level, etc, just "post-20 min, Teemo is worthless."

So, again, I simply gave some evidence of at least one player doing well with Teemo post-20 min on a consistent basis, proven again with my last 3 games with Teemo (normal), a win at 41 min (8/0/11), a loss at 51 min (12/13/18) and a win at 55 min (11/2/15).

My record of past games, both ranked and normal, can't simply be "everyone else sucked" when I'm getting such consistent numbers. My evidence displays that Teemo can, consistently, push into late game and still do well, which is anti- his original statement.

Whether or not this holds up in higher ELOs is yet to be seen due to his low level of use and his arguable place of viability.

I think, perhaps, I'm maybe just one of those few rare good Teemo players.
He's saying Teemo is "worthless" late game in-general compared to other champs! Not an absolute "NEVEREVER CAN BE WORTH SOMETHING LATE GAME". Stop taking things so literally. I can't give anymore argument if you take things so absolutely. Have you not seen people talk in exaggerated words?

Any champ, even pre-patch Eve could get good results late game, as I have personally seen on more than one occasion, but that doesn't mean it is as likely across the board compared to other champs own potential late game. That's what he's talking about, and he said it in angry fashion, so of course he'll exaggerate.

On a side note, your ranked games are probably from season one, since it doesn't even give an elo, which, back then, had so many different variables as to not matter in present environments. To say that is evidence seems poor.

Regardless, I'll just stop posting to you. Its as plain as day that you won't change your mind about anything I've discussed, and this has derailed into semantics. I'm just still baffled how you could literally think he means that in the most absolute of terms.

Whatever.....

DarksideEric

10-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzabo View Post
But at certain degree they can be picked in solo play, teemo doesn't, that's the point, teemo is completely team dependant (100%), that's my point.
Except, again, he's not.

I play solo que.

You cannot say that a win rate of 60+% is done simply because other people suck.

DarksideEric

10-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warm One View Post
He's saying Teemo is "worthless" late game in-general compared to other champs! Not an absolute "NEVEREVER CAN BE WORTH SOMETHING LATE GAME". Stop taking things so literally. I can't give anymore argument if you take things so absolutely. Have you not seen people talk in exaggerated words?

Any champ, even pre-patch Eve could get good results late game, as I have personally seen on more than one occasion, but that doesn't mean it is as likely across the board compared to other champs own potential late game. That's what he's talking about, and he said it in angry fashion, so of course he'll exaggerate.

On a side note, your ranked games are probably from season one, since it doesn't even give an elo, which, back then, had so many different variables as to not matter in present environments. To say that is evidence seems poor.

Regardless, I'll just stop posting to you. Its as plain as day that you won't change your mind about anything I've discussed, and this has derailed into semantics. I'm just still baffled how you could literally think he means that in the most absolute of terms.

Whatever.....
Nope, all my games are Season 2.

And perhaps I think in the literal because he posted in the literal.

There was no mention of ELO, game type, etc. At all. If said poster meant something else, it's their job in the debate to say what they mean clearly so others can respond. If you want a debate to go well, here's a thought:

Don't exaggerate.

Warm One

10-17-2012

Quote:
Don't exaggerate.
Expect exaggerations in obviously angry posts.

Tsabo

10-18-2012

Bump.

IS19adfb83ca3237f8f8fa6

10-19-2012

DFG nerf, goodbye AP Teemo

Naxc

10-19-2012

Been waiting for buffs for teemo for months now, I really love the character and his skins but he seriously needs some help.

Darius has a better poison.
His sprint doesn't work when he needs it, which is when he's in danger, what would be tristana if she couldn't jump when hit?
Mushrooms don't seem to reach the AoE they are set to and usually deal not so good damage.

Arcticfury

10-19-2012

His sprint, when activated ignores damage, it does not ignore slows, but spells and items can do that. So his sprint does work when needed.

His poisons work fine, his attack speed is enormous, he can have 20+ mushrooms on the field, and they help escape and slow runners.

His only real weakness is that he has no defense. None, none at all. They need to give him a slight tweak here and then he's perfect.