Initial Honor Results

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SomePony

10-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Warden View Post
@Dr. Lyte:

Not sure if you answered this yet but how would you deal with this situation?

Let's just say that you had a really good game. Your jungler ganked a lot and helped take all the objectives, as well as coordinating the team for team fights. At the end game screen, he says, "You guys are awesome! Honor for everyone!" Can you report that for spamming? Most likely he says that every game to 'remind' people to honor him, which I think goes alongside purposefully trading Honor between players.

well, it's hard to argue that reminding people that the honor system exists is the same as purposefully trading honor. you could make a similar argument in which a person chats nicely in the lobby to indirectly get people to think of him/her as "nice" thus, in a way, encouraging people to honor 'em for being friendly.

On that note, what you posted about probably shouldn't be considered trading, since the player wasn't setting up an outright quid pro quo scenario.

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

10-15-2012
56 of 66 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlitzballJecht View Post
deathToeXisten,
I got that message as well and i cant see mine either i wonder just as u do and agree on that. If anyone can shed more light to this plz help us out
Only opponents can see the Honorable Opponent Crest. You'll be able to see other ones if you unlock them.

CorvusGhost

10-15-2012

Maybe you could make a custom Summoner sign achievable only after reaching a certain point in the honour system? Like: Honourable Opponent Sigil or something like that.

ICanBeDeadly

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-15-2012

Say, Lyte, I have 21/16/61/88 for honors and I received the honorable opponent but not the teamwork. Might I ask how close I am to receiving the teamwork one?

Seth Lightheart

10-15-2012

Lyte, I have to say this even thoguh it has been said 1000 times before. I love you man You are proof riot cares about the community and does not want toxic players to ruin it. What you and the people who are working with you is amazing, keep it up.

Trolling is something that will need to die in video gaming, it isn't good for business.

Dorryza

10-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomePony View Post
well, it's hard to argue that reminding people that the honor system exists is the same as purposefully trading honor. you could make a similar argument in which a person chats nicely in the lobby to indirectly get people to think of him/her as "nice" thus, in a way, encouraging people to honor 'em for being friendly.

On that note, what you posted about probably shouldn't be considered trading, since the player wasn't setting up an outright quid pro quo scenario.
Then doesn't that just make honor do its job? make people speak nicely, improve behaviour?

It's called positive reinforcement for a reason lol

Ninja PizzaSlice

10-15-2012

I have seen increased amount of teamwork and less Ragers with this new system. Good job riot. Ragers still exist, but this really helps.

-reclaim lol

IllegalN00b

10-15-2012

Just my opinion, but I think it's nonsense that you can give out honor in co-op vs ai. I really feel that riot is going to realize that almost everyone with the "Great Leader" symbol and such is going to be those people who play tons of bot games.

Rain Quill

10-15-2012

Dr. Lyte,

I asked this before, but I didn't get any response so I will post it again.

I've had a dominion game where my two teammates went AFK and the enemy made fun out of that. Enemy Irelia danced in front of our base, and after the match she spammed "HONOR. YOU GUYS HAD AN HONORABLE DEFEAT. HONOR FOR ALL," and gave me (and probably my teammates) honor point. I did not feel any honor for it.

Please, Dr. Lyte, would you consider adding an option to "decline" honors that people give me? Having something like that happen and well, the proof and the memory of it being displayed in my profile forever is, to be honest, disgusting.

If there is the freedom to give people honor, there should be the freedom to decline it.

Thank you.

Many Ninjas

10-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mictlantl View Post
TBH im starting to like this system, more people stop being db's
also what i can note is a little tendency on the down to racism
kinda sad that in the "country of freedom", where bye law no one can oblige you to speak any particular idiom or language, the most readed text lane was "speak english ******"

but now looks like is starting to fade away
It's not that your not allowed the freedom to speak your own native language or that any language is particularly "better". It's that when 98% of the teams your going to be on speak one specific language (English), you should speak that language too as a means of proper communication. This is after all a team based game and I hate when I get 1 player on my team that speaks another language the entire game but for some reason is a scholar in linguistics when it comes to the word noob.