Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hell of an Ego

10-14-2012

how exactly does the atk player only click keybinding work?

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larc58 View Post
should i have left it at brutaliser then? also its around the 26 min mark we get owned in a team fight when your lol replay is fixed.
I think some leadership could have avoided such a disaster.

what could i have said to shyvanna and ashe in that game for things to have went otheriwse?
idk, I am still having problem with league replay, I just tried to watch a replay this morning and it crashed in 2 minutes.

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell of an Ego View Post
how exactly does the atk player only click keybinding work?
Atk player only key doesn't exist, from what I had known about the game for 2 years

However, pressing A + left click does make you attack the nearest enemy/ champion.

Hell of an Ego

10-14-2012

in Key bindings there is a thing called Atk player only click is there not?

ExecutionerK

10-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell of an Ego View Post
in Key bindings there is a thing called Atk player only click is there not?
Maybe it is something new, I will check it out and give you an answer.

ExecutionerK

10-14-2012

Just confirmed in a custom game, The champion attack move seems to be similar to the attack move (shift + mouse or A + mouse) but it only stop and attack the enemy champion.

Mungril

10-14-2012

Hey Ken, i've been trying out Olaf lately and REALLY liking him, but i just can't get a grab on what items i should buy for his build. So i came to you, can you help me figure out a build for this champion. Thanks .

ExecutionerK

10-14-2012

For Olaf, it is hugely depend on your playing style, which can completely change your build

Personally I favor CDR build that is also used by Dyrus. It allows endless spam on your axe which does insane damage and have good ratio, while pushing your cooldown and can use your true damage more.

The cdr build is usually with Shurelya and Zeke, both items are really good on Olaf, the HP from the items are also really good for Olaf, who has some HP scaling and can be immediately turn himself into a tanky dps.

I also suggest you to check Dyrus guide on solomid

Last but not least, I don't main Olaf, so I can't say too much about his build as most of what I know is experienced from other players.

NamelessFish

10-15-2012

Any tips on carrying or covering teammates in low Elo with zyra?1200-1400

And how would a Zyra's playstyle have to change to adapt toward higher Elo?1400-1800

Also, as a person who favors support/indirect combat/heavy pusher roles, could you suggest some champs that do well in a wide variety of team comps? (Sona is a bit too traditional and overplayed for me so im keeping her as a 'If i cant use anyone else')

Also, what would you suggest as an unconventional tank character? Nautilus looks....so....hard to kill. Is he a viable option? Maybe theres someone else more interesting?

One more thing while I'm at it. I see these streams and such and people click like they have parkinsons. wth? I would chalk it up to a few people being wierd but its the vast majority i see doing this....why...? The only viable reason for doing this is that stupid people will have no idea where you are going. However smart people will use this to predict your movement patterns thus not only negating its usefullness but putting you at a disadvantage....so....Am I missing something?

ExecutionerK

10-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NamelessFish View Post
Any tips on carrying or covering teammates in low Elo with zyra?1200-1400

And how would a Zyra's playstyle have to change to adapt toward higher Elo?1400-1800

Also, as a person who favors support/indirect combat/heavy pusher roles, could you suggest some champs that do well in a wide variety of team comps? (Sona is a bit too traditional and overplayed for me so im keeping her as a 'If i cant use anyone else')

Also, what would you suggest as an unconventional tank character? Nautilus looks....so....hard to kill. Is he a viable option? Maybe theres someone else more interesting?

One more thing while I'm at it. I see these streams and such and people click like they have parkinsons. wth? I would chalk it up to a few people being wierd but its the vast majority i see doing this....why...? The only viable reason for doing this is that stupid people will have no idea where you are going. However smart people will use this to predict your movement patterns thus not only negating its usefullness but putting you at a disadvantage....so....Am I missing something?
Zyra is really powerful with her plants. Usually I will level up my snare first at level 1, get W at level 2, then max out Q. The reason behind this is because you want the snare and the slow from plant, this way by level 2 you can start engaging in a fight, and also much stronger level 1 fight or work well with jungler's gank.

Autoattack is the key for Zyra. You can check up my guide on autoattacks, key to victory. In that short guide I completely covered how and why autoattacks can win mid lane.

between 1400-1800, autoattacks are still the key. I had said so many times to my friends that if you master autoattacking in mid lane, you can get straight to 1500 even if you can't land any skillshots. To be serious though, the major differences between that elo and 1200s is mostly last hit, the uses of skills and pressure that is being apply on the enemy.

As for the clickings, it is mostly depend on the players. I click like a madman because every single second I am moving myself, either toward or away from the enemy, so that I apply pressure with my movement. A moving support generally will make the enemy plays more passive or at least be distracted by you, making it easier for the ad carry to last hit or making the enemy to miss his last hit.