I think it is time to pick up the topic of buffing LeBlanc again.

12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Horo Marisa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-15-2012

I think probably most people notice that LB needs some buff now.
As one who once played her a lot, not anymore after I started playing ranked, I am still in love of her and really hope that I can play her in competitive games like what I do with Kat now.

So, what are her problems.
1. Useless passive, the only function of her passive is expecting some noobs to misclick ignite on her image.
2. Terrible late game, it is true that she can kill a lot in early games, but what is the point of giving so many kills and gold to a champion who scale so bad in late game?

So, how to buff her.
The keypoint of buffing her should be changing her late game power. As a LB player, I don't want to change her way to play, not getting more aoe like most other ap carries do. I think LB should be able to melt her enemy anytime in a game even in late game, and it makes sense because she designed to be a single target nuker.

Her passive definitely needs to be changed, and here is my idea:
New passive - whenever LeBlanc deals magic damage to a enemy target with over 100 magic resist, all her flat magic penetration will be convert to percentage magic penetration in 1:1 ratio, percentage magic penetration gain from this ability count as one source.
To help understanding this, I use her W distortion as an example. Assume that LB has 55 flat magic penetration. LB casts distortion hitting 2 enemy champions, Amumu with 150 magic resist and Ezreal with 60 magic resists. 55 flat magic penetration converts to 55% magic penetration when calculating the damage LB deals to Amumu because he is over 100 magic resist, while stay the old way when calculating the damage to EZ because he has only 60 magic resist.
One more thing needed to be explain is percentage magic penetration gain from this ability count as one source. If you are familiar with how percentage penetration works in this game, then this sentence should not be hard to understand. In LoL, percentage penetration is not calculated in adding but in multiplying. Let's say this new Leblanc has 55 flat magic penetration, a void staff, and 10% magic penetration mastery. So when dealing magic damage to the Amumu with 150 magic resist, it is calculated in this formula.
150*0.45*0.6*0.9=36.45 magic resist left.

More to learn:
Magic penetration and magic resistance reduction are applied in the following order:

Flat magic resistance reduction
Percentage magic resistance reduction
Flat magic penetration
Percentage magic penetration

Which means that the situation new LB dealing less damage because of her new passive will never happen.

Well, I think most people, even I do, will probably feel that it sounds suck for a deceiver without having hallucination. My idea is that after second casting her W distortion, LB will leaves an image lasting few seconds at where she was befoe the second cast.
Double images with ult, Trololo...

Ok, that's all I want to say for now. If you feel these ideas are cool, please reply this thread so there will be a better chance a Riot staff see it. If you feel these ideas need some change, feel free to reply and discuss.
If you feel LB is already too op now, please uninstall. (Joke)

EDIT#1: http://www.lolking.net/champions/leb...ked#statistics
data from lolking should probably explain something to those who disagree she is underpowered.

Blaster

10-15-2012

No. no.no.no.no.no.no.no.no.no.no.no.no.no

A. Barly anyone builds the one true counter to lb(bviel) anymore.
B. She has a perfect route to dominate any mid in the game, she is actually really really strong at any elo, and if she snowballs some lanes(which she can easily do) She wins the game late too through snowballing other lanes and keeping the enemy mid severly behind.

Axxlon

10-15-2012

Ehh... she's fine where she is. She's hell-bent on snowballing, which is how all assassins work.

303Devilfish

10-15-2012

i think we should buff kassadin while we're at it.

Colauder

10-15-2012

LB is fine, you just have to win the game early with her. Like how all assassins should be played.

AgonisT

10-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Devilfish View Post
i think we should buff kassadin while we're at it.
This. LeBlanc's passive is godlike compared to Kass'.

Horo Marisa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxlon View Post
Ehh... she's fine where she is. She's hell-bent on snowballing, which is how all assassins work.
She really isn't good on snowballing if you play her a lot.. Too many times that I get legendary in early-mid games then become useless in late game. Same situation won't happen to other champions like Kat or Riven who are the true bosses of snowballing..

c0ltron

10-15-2012

LB is a good example of an ani-fun champion. You have to buy MR and play passively against her to deny her kills or she will roll all over you and then find your team and roll all over them too. There is really no way to keep her strong with her current kit. She needs a rework.

Colauder

10-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horo Marisa View Post
She really isn't good on snowballing if you play her a lot.. Too many times that I get legendary in early-mid games then become useless in late game. Same situation won't happen to other champions like Kat or Riven who are the true bosses of snowballing..
That's because you have to end the game early. You gotta know how to close. It's not the champion. It's you. Riven and Kat can't one shot someone with barely any items.

Blaster

10-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horo Marisa View Post
Because you don't know how to play her. Do not take misunderstanding of how to play a role as a champion being bad. Thats what led to people calling blitz UP for a year and half. Thats what led to ezreal being called up for a whole year. Its simply rediculous. Take it from reginald, leblanc is viable up through 2k+. She doesn't need a buff, you just need to learn how to play her.

12345 ... 6