My trip to the World Championship Finals

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Freakshow

10-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venaccio View Post
LOL that's actually really nice of you.

The drive only took you 2.5 hours though??? O.O I can't quite comprehend that, living in LA and all.
Nah, it took approximately 2.5 hours to get to the Flying J, and another about 2.5 hours to get to LA from there. So about ~5 hours to get to L.A. from Tempe.

RoseOfSharyn

10-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venaccio View Post
Cool to know people came all the way from Arizona to watch!! How'd you like LA traffic? :P

Did you also get your hands on Riot Graves/Arcade Sona? I heard they were passing them out but unfortunately I didn't run into any Rioters. /sadface

It was my first esports event, and it was quite an experience! I'm definitely going again next year.
I must have met and spoke with a dozen Rioters They were all amazing and just wanted to make sure we were excited and having a good time ,I heard one guy behind me a bit say he wished he'd stopped to get something to drink before he stood in line to a Rioter when they asked if how he was doing, after they finished their discussion and yes, gave him some codes =), they walked away only to return a few moments later with some waters for him and his group.

They were defiantly in full force and passing out codes, I got PAX Sona and Riot Graves as well, wish i could redeem but its unfortunate that you didn't get to speak to any Rioters, next event don't be afraid to stop them and say hi real quick, I just waved at RiotSamm as he was walking by, he stopped and said "Let me ask you a question, what is the name of Sona's Ult? and when I replied "crescendo" Boom, skin, then we went on to talk about my expectations for the match, favorite champions etc. I thanked him a million times and every time he humbly replied "your welcome, thank you for supporting."

The Freakshow

10-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseOfSharyn View Post
I must have met and spoke with a dozen Rioters They were all amazing and just wanted to make sure we were excited and having a good time ,I heard one guy behind me a bit say he wished he'd stopped to get something to drink before he stood in line to a Rioter when they asked if how he was doing, after they finished their discussion and yes, gave him some codes =), they walked away only to return a few moments later with some waters for him and his group.

They were defiantly in full force and passing out codes, I got PAX Sona and Riot Graves as well, wish i could redeem but its unfortunate that you didn't get to speak to any Rioters, next event don't be afraid to stop them and say hi real quick, I just waved at RiotSamm as he was walking by, he stopped and said "Let me ask you a question, what is the name of Sona's Ult? and when I replied "crescendo" Boom, skin, then we went on to talk about my expectations for the match, favorite champions etc. I thanked him a million times and every time he humbly replied "your welcome, thank you for supporting."
Yup, they were all fantastic. I was saddened that I couldn't purchase any swag after the event, like a teemo/rammus hat , but that's ok because the event in general was amazing ^_^

Meddler

Lead Champion Designer

10-15-2012
1 of 3 Riot Posts

Glad you had a great time, was good talking to you.

I was also amazed no one captured Morello's impromtu Gangnam Style routine down the road, would have been pretty amusing to see a link to that crop up here.

phntem

10-15-2012

'Mirin

Tempestphile

10-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meddler View Post
Glad you had a great time, was good talking to you.

I was also amazed no one captured Morello's impromtu Gangnam Style routine down the road, would have been pretty amusing to see a link to that crop up here.
Since Morello controls the nerf bat, no one dares to upset him

xScribbLez

10-15-2012

Awesome, glad you had a good time.

It was a nice read, it really was. I hope to attend S3 World Championships, hopefully a little Aussie like me can caster some money to attend this wonderful event.

Thanks for this, I really liked it.

Antarctica

10-15-2012

< also lives in tempe

< also was in blythe on the same day 0.0

but couldn't go to finals

Morello

Lead Designer

10-15-2012
2 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakShow9807 View Post
Snip
Glad you enjoyed yourself - it was pretty epic overall! Especially glad you got to talk to some Riot folks while there too, meeting fans in person is half the fun.

I do admit, after the choir I got a little...something in my eye. I was overwhelmed with the response, tbh.

Ephyseus

10-15-2012

I would love to see morellos gangnamstyle dance