The Frozen Nest (Ask Anivia)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nwol

10-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Cryophoenix View Post
It is a shame, for with that information, I could much better try to aid you. Feel free to come to me any time you are struggling with new facets of your longevity.

You studied your nature, you say? Initial changes and altered realities? I'm afraid you will have to elaborate if I'm to understand any of this. I feel as though I entered Heimerdinger's classroom unannounced.

As for losing your way, I'm ashamed you think I would put you down so readily. It would seem that the brutality on the Fields of Justice is coloring this world's oppinions of me. No, I would much sooner detain you until you see reason again. I'm sure you would realize the error of your ways eventually. It would seem that we both have the time to wait for that.

~Anivia, the Cryophoenix
"Allow me to elaborate a little. Forgive me. Rune Magic is chaotic enough to alter reality itself...the fabric of things can simply become undone or altered. Destroyed. Recreated. Rarely does something positive ever occur from it. The initial change from Rune Magic is just that, a sudden alteration. Following that change comes a series of side effects that can occur from months to years that can occur at a predictable rate. I hope that can clarify things. You cannot predict what Rune Magic will do at first but after the effects become apparent it is easier to understand where it may lead.

And perhaps it is a shame. I believe the knowledge is still there but...I can't dig it up. I will take you up on this offer.

Forgive me for that harsh initial assumption. The idea was repulsive and I overreacted."

-Tekun Valos

Geokhan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Cryophoenix View Post
Hello, Summoner Geokhan?

This seems more a command than a request; has some new ill fate befallen you? I certainly hope that all is well. I shall do my best to sate your curiosity.

To put it simply, Brand is correct. This world will end in fire and be reborn. As will it end as a frozen waste. As will in end in utter darkness. As will it starve itself in its own growth. And every time the world ends, it will be reborn again. It is a cycle that I have personally seen repeated many times, and one that I'm sure I will continue to watch on this world. As one with experience in the matter, I can safely say that it is impossible to predict how a world will end, though other Phoenix would take bets from time to time. Brand is a powerful spirit of fire, but it would be impossible for you to understand the scales of time in which these changes take place. Fear not the fires that would end the world, but rather the fire that he commands should you ever meet face to face.

The idea of the world ending and being reborn is as natural as my own life to me. It is almost comforting to hear from another on this world. What I fear are the endings that stop the cycle. The instabilities caused by rune wars are more dangerous than you could imagine. The Elemental Protectors of my world have always prevented such powerful magic from developing. Another such conflict may not simply end the world as you know it, but rather destroy it completely. Once the world is gone, it cannot be reborn. This is why I spend so much of my time attending the balance of magic in this world. Equally dangerous is the coming of The Void. The Void is timeless and grasping; should it break down the barriers to consume this world, only The Void would remain.

I hope I have answered what questions you may have had, young one. Needless to say I haven't spent an exceedingly large amount of time with Brand to debate the particulars of his story.

~Anivia, the Cryophoenix

Sorry....suddenly felt like Ram Steed and I don't know why.... and, yes, my curiosity is sated...for now. I am not really worried about Armageddon. It will or it won't. There is little i can do about it either way....unless I find a way to set Brand loose or open a gate to the Void. Lets just say I am not interested in doing that.

Dear Cryophoenix

10-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwol View Post
"Allow me to elaborate a little. Forgive me. Rune Magic is chaotic enough to alter reality itself...the fabric of things can simply become undone or altered. Destroyed. Recreated. Rarely does something positive ever occur from it. The initial change from Rune Magic is just that, a sudden alteration. Following that change comes a series of side effects that can occur from months to years that can occur at a predictable rate. I hope that can clarify things. You cannot predict what Rune Magic will do at first but after the effects become apparent it is easier to understand where it may lead.

And perhaps it is a shame. I believe the knowledge is still there but...I can't dig it up. I will take you up on this offer.

Forgive me for that harsh initial assumption. The idea was repulsive and I overreacted."

-Tekun Valos
Thank you for the clarification. I will be sure to remember this if I am ever forced to act against rune magic myself.

And you say you've survived madness before; I'll see to it that you do again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geokhan View Post
Sorry....suddenly felt like Ram Steed and I don't know why.... and, yes, my curiosity is sated...for now. I am not really worried about Armageddon. It will or it won't. There is little i can do about it either way....unless I find a way to set Brand loose or open a gate to the Void. Lets just say I am not interested in doing that.
Ram Steed... he was, an interesting fellow. I am glad I could help. I believe it will be many generations of your people before an Armageddon of any kind.

~Anivia, the Cryophoenix

Tentorer

10-14-2012

Dear Anivia,
Have you met a Pyropheonix? I heard you were of an elemental species.

Love (not really),
Rothus.

Dear Cryophoenix

10-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tentorer View Post
Dear Anivia,
Have you met a Pyropheonix? I heard you were of an elemental species.

Love (not really),
Rothus.
Greetings Rothus,

I've actually received this question quite a few times. The short answer is yes, I have met many. I have also met Phoenix of water, wind, earth, electricity, and so on and so forth. It seems as though I am expected to be frightened of fire, and shun any of those who embody it. Indeed, as a chick I was terrified of flames, diametrically opposed to me as they are. I avoided it at all cost, and even shunned my peers who were born in fire rather than ice. The phobia passed over the first few centuries of my life, as understanding the interplay of the elements is critical to our education as a species.

Would it surprise you to hear that I once spent billions of years trapped in a cave no larger than this room with a Pyrophoenix? An Apocalyptic upheaval of the earth had swallowed both of our eggs as the world was reborn. Our fellows had mourned us both as truly dead, even while we struggled to survive each other's presence. The first few millennia were... painful to say the least. I shudder to recall reverting to my egg form many times in that period, yet the constant output of magic strengthened our control of our respective elements beyond our years. As the strength required to survive lessened, we learned to combine our powers, freezing and heating the earth around us to fracture even the strongest of rocks. Even after our escape, the bond we had formed did not diminish. I counted him among the best of my friends until the day I was summoned here.

~Anivia, the Cryophoenix

P.S. I am quite familiar with your writing conventions, there is no need for fear of misinterpretation.

Nwol

10-14-2012

It's comfortable to know you'll be there to help me in a time of great need. I am glad to have taken the time for this talk. Until next time Anivia.

-Tekun Valos

(Please add me in game? :3 Is this your main account?)

multis

10-16-2012

Does that mean you knowingly let civilizations terminate whenever you talk about seeing the world be reborn?

Dear Cryophoenix

10-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by multis View Post
Does that mean you knowingly let civilizations terminate whenever you talk about seeing the world be reborn?
Anivia glances towards the source of the voice. Her voice remains perfectly level and calm as she replies, "In a word, yes." She sighs approaching the speaker. "This has always been a difficult topic to broach with the mortals of any given civilization. It is important to keep in mind that the Phoenix honor above all else the freedom for mortals to choose their own path. We offer our advice and wisdom to any who should ask for it, and indeed, we have often lent our power to protect and preserve those who would ask for our help, but there are many reasons that a civilization might fall: natural dissaster, plague, internal turmoil, religious zeal, technological anihilation, evolution, ascention... the list goes on. Not all cases are violent, and more often than not, we were not called upon during the death thcoes of a civilization."

"It should also be said that civilizations rise and fall many times in the life of a world. Armageadon often comes with a force more powerful than you could imagine, cleansing an entire world of all traces of life and testing the limits of our immortality. During such an event, we seek what pockets of stability we can in the world, and wait for it to arise anew - nothing can be done to protect a people from such a fate."

A sad look comes over Anivia's and she looks away, vision fixed on something far from the room. "There have also been those civilizations which we were forced to destroy ourselves... It is a terrible, terrible thing to behold - the greatest shame of the Phoenix - but when technologies or magic threaten to destroy the world forever, we have no choice but to intervene."

Anivia fixes the questioner with a sudden stare, the pride of a Bird of Prey in all of her feature. "I hate to end on such a note, but it was accusation you intended, was it not? Elemental protector is not a role that we take lightly, and is not always the easiest role to take, but the role we have defined for ourselves is clear: the world comes first, then free will. Our thoughts and feelings must always fall below these priorities."

Her gaze softens as the emotion of the moment fades. "Perhaps I am to harsh, you have every right to your curiosity. Your question was certainly a good one, young one. Might I ask your name?"

Ask Galio

10-18-2012

((You the Anivia that I talked with a lot? Sorry, but it's hard to keep track of who I know and who's new.))

Dear Cryophoenix

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Galio View Post
((You the Anivia that I talked with a lot? Sorry, but it's hard to keep track of who I know and who's new.))
((My sincerest apologies, but I am not. She has flown the coop, so to speak, and her presence is very much missed.))

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cryophoenix View Post
((I can "retire" in peace now, I state with dramatic flair. ^ v ^))
((I have, however, followed these forums since several months before you started you thread, and have a searchable archive of the first half of her board (sadly, the link to the second half has died on me). If you wish to continue anything in particular, I would be more than happy to oblige you. Is this to say that you are really back?))