Season 2 World Finals: Summoner Icon Giveaway and Pro Showmatch

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sobnrood3

10-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentrygunner View Post
I'm agreeing with Cypherous here, can we at least get a reason for why a 3rd party site is being used for this? It wouldn't be an issue if it just asked for Summoner Name and Region because eh, who cares, nothing's getting compromised through that, but usernames are also required, which are different than Summoner Names and provide an extra layer of security as only you should know your username.

Why isn't this being done through Riot's webspace?
Simple, Riot's servers would crash. I was on last night when the code was released and from when it was released until after the stream was over, the redemption page had crashed. Some 12 hours after it was released I finally got the code to work (some of that is from sleeping)

sobnrood3

10-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by doombotMECHA View Post
wtf is a stream code and where do i find mine??
One, its a code that gets displayed on the stream as the comentators are talking
Two, you should have watched that stream
three, its been posted a couple times in this forum

Samuraž Jack

10-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by VampRegen View Post
so watching it from 7:00pm-1:00am central I actually get up to grab a bite between games and miss it, that is pretty bs as well they should have made it pretty obvious for those watching it, I'm already into it about 4 hours at that point lol, maybe announce its going to be shown after that game during beginning of that game? Too easy...
Same thing happened to me, but I went to get some lays saw my brother came home I talked to him for a minute about how Frost surrendered then walked up into my room to hear "That code will work for the next 24 hours!" I think they should have a rewind function or something at least I think

Ržkashae

10-14-2012

i followed the steps and entered the code 521337 , and i never got the icon on my lol client am i doing something wrong?

RoboLiger

10-14-2012

Guys, if it said thank you. You probably did it right, we won't get the summoner icon until next week so chill.

T4URUS

10-14-2012

I put in my info and the code, 521337, and it said thank you, but nothing happened. I wasn't sure if this was all that was supposed to happen, so I tried several more times, with the same result. However, as a test, I put in a wrong stream number, (I just added an 8, so 5213378) and it also said thank you. Does this mean anything? Could someone please shed a little light on this situation? Thank you.

LittleDi

10-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4URUS View Post
I put in my info and the code, 521337, and it said thank you, but nothing happened. I wasn't sure if this was all that was supposed to happen, so I tried several more times, with the same result. However, as a test, I put in a wrong stream number, (I just added an 8, so 5213378) and it also said thank you. Does this mean anything? Could someone please shed a little light on this situation? Thank you.
It's going to say thank you no matter what code you enter. But only entering the right one will get you the summoner icon which will be released in a weeks.

Crossbow1701

10-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDi View Post
It's going to say thank you no matter what code you enter. But only entering the right one will get you the summoner icon which will be released in a weeks.
So it is a week.

Boogely

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-14-2012

so is it impossible to get a code now? I was out of town with no internet connection /:

Lan Evo Beam

10-14-2012

what is the stream code ?