The Frozen Nest (Ask Anivia)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Geokhan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cryophoenix View Post
((I leave Anivia entirely in your hands without a worry in my mind, and I hope you stick around and offer your awesomeness to the RP Board like I once did back when we were spamming the Lore Boards! I can "retire" in peace now, I state with dramatic flair.
^ v ^))
Quote:
I can "retire" in peace now, I state with dramatic flair.
Quote:
I can "retire"
Quote:
"RETIRE"

((*RAGEFACE!!*YOU NOT ALLOWED LURK!! YOU RP ALWAYS AND FOREVER!!!....

I guess I need a serious question to give an excuse...))

Anivia,

Brand says the world will end in fire and then be reborn. Please state how you feel about that and explain.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dear Cryophoenix

Senior Member

10-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geokhan View Post
Anivia,

Brand says the world will end in fire and then be reborn. Please state how you feel about that and explain.
Hello, Summoner Geokhan?

This seems more a command than a request; has some new ill fate befallen you? I certainly hope that all is well. I shall do my best to sate your curiosity.

To put it simply, Brand is correct. This world will end in fire and be reborn. As will it end as a frozen waste. As will in end in utter darkness. As will it starve itself in its own growth. And every time the world ends, it will be reborn again. It is a cycle that I have personally seen repeated many times, and one that I'm sure I will continue to watch on this world. As one with experience in the matter, I can safely say that it is impossible to predict how a world will end, though other Phoenix would take bets from time to time. Brand is a powerful spirit of fire, but it would be impossible for you to understand the scales of time in which these changes take place. Fear not the fires that would end the world, but rather the fire that he commands should you ever meet face to face.

The idea of the world ending and being reborn is as natural as my own life to me. It is almost comforting to hear from another on this world. What I fear are the endings that stop the cycle. The instabilities caused by rune wars are more dangerous than you could imagine. The Elemental Protectors of my world have always prevented such powerful magic from developing. Another such conflict may not simply end the world as you know it, but rather destroy it completely. Once the world is gone, it cannot be reborn. This is why I spend so much of my time attending the balance of magic in this world. Equally dangerous is the coming of The Void. The Void is timeless and grasping; should it break down the barriers to consume this world, only The Void would remain.

I hope I have answered what questions you may have had, young one. Needless to say I haven't spent an exceedingly large amount of time with Brand to debate the particulars of his story.

~Anivia, the Cryophoenix


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nwol

Senior Member

10-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Cryophoenix View Post
Unfortunately, I know little more about the runes on my body, though I have been told they adorn my egg when I fall in battle as well. You may study them at your leisure... you would certainly not be the first to so, nor the last. I know that Ryze took great pains to copy the runes precisely, and I'm sure they would be available at the University as well.

Bear in bind, young one, that I have had this body for thousands of lives. The humanoid form is far from the most inconvenient I have had to adapt to; I have no real desire to change. I do thank you for your concern.

~Anivia, the Cryophoenix

I'd appreciate it greatly if you would refrain from calling me child. I understand that you have more years on me than I could fathom but I've outlived the normal life span of my kind by...I have no idea. Even if I don't always act my apparent age, I must ask though...How do you manage with the years.

-Tekun Valos


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dear Cryophoenix

Senior Member

10-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwol View Post
I'd appreciate it greatly if you would refrain from calling me child. I understand that you have more years on me than I could fathom but I've outlived the normal life span of my kind by...I have no idea. Even if I don't always act my apparent age, I must ask though...How do you manage with the years.

-Tekun Valos
Manage with the years? To be honest with you, the Phoenix don't think in such terms. Our childhoods are considered to last through several cycles of the world. I myself was considered relatively young by me people before I was summoned to this world. A near infinite life is something that we expect, and time does not wear on us the way it seems to for mortals who transcend their bounds.

Tekun, I would never deign to call you a child. The word brings to mind uncouth innocence to be shielded from the troubles of the world. You are clearly a warrior, ancient in the terms of your own people. Tell me, do you think you have become immortal, or has your life merely been extended? Will you, like me, watch the civilization of men crumble into dust?

~Anivia, the Cryophoenix


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nwol

Senior Member

10-13-2012

"I try not to think about terms of agelessness or immortality and I try not to press my boundaries. I have survived wounds that would have ended the lives of most. Survived madness, survived more than I thought possible. I can't answer that because I've come to the conclusion one day something will come along and end me.

And no. I will not watch the civilization in which I live in crumble to dust. With this extended life span I will do everything in my power to preserver this land. South of the barrier I fight The Void. In Zaun, I fight the damage the City-State does to the environment. I fight where I need to. One can only do so much though. But I will not, cannot watch it crumble."

-Tekun Valos


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dear Cryophoenix

Senior Member

10-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwol View Post
"I try not to think about terms of agelessness or immortality and I try not to press my boundaries. I have survived wounds that would have ended the lives of most. Survived madness, survived more than I thought possible. I can't answer that because I've come to the conclusion one day something will come along and end me.

And no. I will not watch the civilization in which I live in crumble to dust. With this extended life span I will do everything in my power to preserver this land. South of the barrier I fight The Void. In Zaun, I fight the damage the City-State does to the environment. I fight where I need to. One can only do so much though. But I will not, cannot watch it crumble."

-Tekun Valos
So you do not know nature of the magic that afflicts you. You would be wise to seek that out. Your lifespan as it stands would suggest you have as long or longer to live than you already have. Relative to how long you might live, you are very young. Where the youth of mortals must come to terms with their own mortality, so to must you come to terms with the length of your extended life. There are hundreds of ways in which the world of men might end, and end it will. Perhaps Demacia and Noxus push each other past the brink of repair. Perhaps the industry of Zaun will choke itself to death. Perhaps humanity transcends biological boundaries, and no longer require the the structures you hold so dear today. What will you do if your efforts are not enough or not wanted?

~Anivia, the Cryophoenix


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nwol

Senior Member

10-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Cryophoenix View Post
So you do not know nature of the magic that afflicts you. You would be wise to seek that out. Your lifespan as it stands would suggest you have as long or longer to live than you already have. Relative to how long you might live, you are very young. Where the youth of mortals must come to terms with their own mortality, so to must you come to terms with the length of your extended life. There are hundreds of ways in which the world of men might end, and end it will. Perhaps Demacia and Noxus push each other past the brink of repair. Perhaps the industry of Zaun will choke itself to death. Perhaps humanity transcends biological boundaries, and no longer require the the structures you hold so dear today. What will you do if your efforts are not enough or not wanted?

~Anivia, the Cryophoenix

"The magic that has effected me was the Rune Magic of the Rune Wars that had done so much damage to these lands. Others weren't lucky and died in painful ways or...were changed in ways best left unmentioned. True Rune Magic is an awful thing, there's a reason practicing it is forbidden

I may be young yet, maybe, compared to how long I could live. I'm not afraid of dying, but living this life that was not meant to be extended has been difficult. You are maybe one of a few who I could think of who might understand, but I see we're different kinds you and I. If my efforts are not enough or not wanted then I suppose I will have died trying to prevent the inevitable Or maybe I'll have lived knowing that it wasn't enough and will have to shoulder the burden of it. So long as this body draws breath though I will do what I can to beat back that fate.

I can say I am enjoying our talk so far."

-Tekun Valos


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dear Cryophoenix

Senior Member

10-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwol View Post
"The magic that has effected me was the Rune Magic of the Rune Wars that had done so much damage to these lands. Others weren't lucky and died in painful ways or...were changed in ways best left unmentioned. True Rune Magic is an awful thing, there's a reason practicing it is forbidden

I may be young yet, maybe, compared to how long I could live. I'm not afraid of dying, but living this life that was not meant to be extended has been difficult. You are maybe one of a few who I could think of who might understand, but I see we're different kinds you and I. If my efforts are not enough or not wanted then I suppose I will have died trying to prevent the inevitable Or maybe I'll have lived knowing that it wasn't enough and will have to shoulder the burden of it. So long as this body draws breath though I will do what I can to beat back that fate.

I can say I am enjoying our talk so far."

-Tekun Valos
I am always glad to be of help, Tekun. It is clear that Rune Magic has extended your life. What I mean is that it would be an understatement to describe an unknown curse extending your life beyond natural limits as dangerous. Ryze himself has told me that rune magic is as unpredictable as it is powerful. You don't know its purpose, extent, or source of energy. For all you know, you may be a time bomb, artificially sustained until you reach just the right position to level an entire city state. Certainly you know that it was Rune Magic that turned Karthus into what he is today. All magic leaves traces, from the smallest to the largest works. I'm sure that somewhere, you could learn what your future holds.

Regardless, I have learned from birth that the immortal must not interfere with the conflicts of those we watch over. You are yet a denizen of this world so the choice of how you will effect it is yours. I only hope that you can harden yourself the the changes a civilization can produce over the centuries. I will not tolerate you slaying innocents in the name of a cause lost to time.

~Anivia, the Cryophoenix


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nwol

Senior Member

10-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Cryophoenix View Post
I am always glad to be of help, Tekun. It is clear that Rune Magic has extended your life. What I mean is that it would be an understatement to describe an unknown curse extending your life beyond natural limits as dangerous. Ryze himself has told me that rune magic is as unpredictable as it is powerful. You don't know its purpose, extent, or source of energy. For all you know, you may be a time bomb, artificially sustained until you reach just the right position to level an entire city state. Certainly you know that it was Rune Magic that turned Karthus into what he is today. All magic leaves traces, from the smallest to the largest works. I'm sure that somewhere, you could learn what your future holds.

Regardless, I have learned from birth that the immortal must not interfere with the conflicts of those we watch over. You are yet a denizen of this world so the choice of how you will effect it is yours. I only hope that you can harden yourself the the changes a civilization can produce over the centuries. I will not tolerate you slaying innocents in the name of a cause lost to time.

~Anivia, the Cryophoenix
"I have done it once or twice before...maybe more. I seem to have memory issues with the matter. Ironically it seems to have helped with adapting. The inability to remember all those years at once. In any case, I'll consider that I could be a bomb...though I certainly hope not..

I have studied a great deal of my nature and in them I found that the initial change decays over an extended period of time until the altered reality becomes normal. Eventually changes do stop once exposure has occurred. I believe I am...stable. So to speak

As for losing my way. If I ever lose my path over the years and become a shadow of my former self you can be the one to put me down. I think that sounds fair."

-Tekun Valos


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dear Cryophoenix

Senior Member

10-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwol View Post
"I have done it once or twice before...maybe more. I seem to have memory issues with the matter. Ironically it seems to have helped with adapting. The inability to remember all those years at once. In any case, I'll consider that I could be a bomb...though I certainly hope not..

I have studied a great deal of my nature and in them I found that the initial change decays over an extended period of time until the altered reality becomes normal. Eventually changes do stop once exposure has occurred. I believe I am...stable. So to speak

As for losing my way. If I ever lose my path over the years and become a shadow of my former self you can be the one to put me down. I think that sounds fair."

-Tekun Valos
It is a shame, for with that information, I could much better try to aid you. Feel free to come to me any time you are struggling with new facets of your longevity.

You studied your nature, you say? Initial changes and altered realities? I'm afraid you will have to elaborate if I'm to understand any of this. I feel as though I entered Heimerdinger's classroom unannounced.

As for losing your way, I'm ashamed you think I would put you down so readily. It would seem that the brutality on the Fields of Justice is coloring this world's oppinions of me. No, I would much sooner detain you until you see reason again. I'm sure you would realize the error of your ways eventually. It would seem that we both have the time to wait for that.

~Anivia, the Cryophoenix