Take Smite on Ryze

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MadManDu

10-13-2012

I feel for whoever gets you as their ally...

Epictues

10-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FightinFoo View Post
I feel for whoever gets you as their ally...
yea they get stuck with someone who wins more than he loses.
the horror

4muse

10-13-2012

Maybe smite Ryze can work. That's how new builds get made.

However, your skill level isn't high enough to prove it.

futuresight23

10-13-2012

Once Ryze gets Tear of the Goddess and is getting access to blue buff, his mana problems in the early game will disappear. When he hits lvl 6, he'll be able to use his ult to help sustain his health and he can use it often thanks to the part of his passive which lowers his spell cooldowns by 1 everytime he uses an ability. The health you get back from ulting and firing spells at minions and champions scales with levels and items; the health from Smite spell vamp not so much.

Ignite is useful for the entire game not only for the damage but also the 50% healing reduction; something that I think would be mandatory if you were facing a Dr Mundo on the other team or a Vlad or Swain in lane.

All in all, the benefit of Smite is a pretty temporary one that is not quite as useful as other masteries such as the 10% magic pen that scales with the amount of magic resist the enemy gets from items like Abyssal Scepter, Aegis of the Legion aura, Guardian Angel, stuff that the AP carry may be benefiting from.

Epictues

10-13-2012

SMITE RYZe

Epictues

10-13-2012

Quote:
All in all, the benefit of Smite is a pretty temporary one that is not quite as useful as other masteries such as the 10% magic pen that scales with the amount of magic resist the enemy gets from items like Abyssal Scepter, Aegis of the Legion aura, Guardian Angel, stuff that the AP carry may be benefiting from.
thats a different discussion.
you should know that the top Ryze guides all have Ryze taking mastermind though.

Amatzikahni

10-13-2012

I prefer Ghost on Ryze. I don't usually auto attack in fights unless I'm positioned well enough, and with how frequently Ryze casts, Ghost allows you that extra bit of positioning or chasing power.

On another note, the OP is like Obama and everyone else is like Romney—all the OP can do is blame other people and say they're wrong while everyone else is providing solid mathematical evidence of their findings.

Epictues

10-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amatzikahni View Post
I prefer Ghost on Ryze. I don't usually auto attack in fights unless I'm positioned well enough, and with how frequently Ryze casts, Ghost allows you that extra bit of positioning or chasing power.

On another note, the OP is like Obama and everyone else is like Romney—all the OP can do is blame other people and say they're wrong while everyone else is providing solid mathematical evidence of their findings.
lol

futuresight23

10-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epictues View Post
thats a different discussion.
you should know that the top Ryze guides all have Ryze taking mastermind though.
I looked at the guides before commenting. They also have the 9 points in the offensive tree to get the 10% spell penetration. Mastermind and Arcane Knowledge are not mutually exclusive if you have no points in the defensive side of the tree.

Redangelfive

10-13-2012

I've used smite with malzhahar, it gives the 10gold and pushes malefic visions. Also caused random queue rage. thank god for the ignore buttons