Retired 3v3 Players Giving Tips

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheBronzeLegend

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-13-2012

is taking smite smart, without a jungler smart? For example, support Nunu takes smite and Flash?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OSAMA BlN LADEN

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

10-13-2012

Do you think jungle is actually viable in 3v3? its pretty difficult, a waste of a summoners, and can never/rarely gank bot lane. I have tried it and since Lee Sin is always banned, I go Shy, which can be quite difficult to gank because the lack of CC. Do you think taking smite just for camp/dragon control would be smart?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ChampStat

Senior Member

10-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by E1C View Post
I would purchase one of the following:

Malphite (In replace of Nautilus): Incredibly tanky, great burst, amazing CC. Adds a lot to a teamfight.

Morgana (In replace of Lux): Lux aint bad, but Morgana does most everything better, and the CC she adds to a teamfight, as well as the black shield she can give your initiator, is phenomenal.
Thank you for these suggestions! Do you think, if I were playing Malphite(or Volibear, I'm eyeing him too), it would be a good idea to grab some gp10 items? Like, Philosopher's Stone into Shurelia's Reverie and HoG into Locket of the Iron Solari? I think the Locket could be useful for fights by the enemy nexus, to give extra oomph to the push if needed.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eryn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whats A Hacker View Post
is taking smite smart, without a jungler smart? For example, support Nunu takes smite and Flash?
Having a smite is always good, just for securing buffs and dragon.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eryn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Érnest View Post
Do you think jungle is actually viable in 3v3? its pretty difficult, a waste of a summoners, and can never/rarely gank bot lane. I have tried it and since Lee Sin is always banned, I go Shy, which can be quite difficult to gank because the lack of CC. Do you think taking smite just for camp/dragon control would be smart?
Jungle / roam is definitely viable

And smite is in my opinion the best summoner spell in League, including Twisted Treeline. If you're good with it you can steal most any dragon and secure any from the enemy stealing.

(@ 280g each, Dragon gives 840g to your team)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eryn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampStat View Post
Thank you for these suggestions! Do you think, if I were playing Malphite(or Volibear, I'm eyeing him too), it would be a good idea to grab some gp10 items? Like, Philosopher's Stone into Shurelia's Reverie and HoG into Locket of the Iron Solari? I think the Locket could be useful for fights by the enemy nexus, to give extra oomph to the push if needed.
Heart of Gold into Randuin's is great on Malphite, and even Volibear.

However on Volibear, Warmog's and Wit's End are more priority. That being said, HoG is great on most anyone.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Giant Owl

Senior Member

10-15-2012

How does the 3s meta differ from the 5s meta? Who are some solid champ picks?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sh424m

Junior Member

10-15-2012

Alright quick question. What do you have to say about Zyra bot, Cho gath top, and Lee jungle. I know I now have an ap top but I usually build Wit's end -> Glacial Shroud -> Phage -> Abyssal -> Damage/Defense depending on situation.

I found that build from a SR guide but it's worked fairly well for me on TT. What are your opinions?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ChampStat

Senior Member

10-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantxOwl View Post
How does the 3s meta differ from the 5s meta? Who are some solid champ picks?
Solid picks -->http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1568877

Meta[s] -->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9BSFJB-YOU

Hope these help!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Waffl3x

Member

10-16-2012

how do you beat a jayce?