Item Concept Trash Bin

1234567 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pitufito Dell

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-12-2012

I think this thread need a bump and be pined B(

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-13-2012

bump

Havoc202

10-13-2012

Has anyone Considered Maybe some New Spell Vamp Items??

JustMyBassCannon

10-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havoc202 View Post
Has anyone Considered Maybe some New Spell Vamp Items??
A few hundred times, actually. At least once every three days (and usually more frequently than that), someone posts a new thread suggesting some sort of new Spell Vamp item.

However, Spell Vamp is a stat that becomes overpowered in high values. This was discovered when Riot decided to buff their Spell Vamp items because nobody was using them (well, I was, cause I could see how useful they were at the time). All of a sudden, you were having literally unkillable AP champions because they stacked 3 Revolvers, netting 120 AP and 45% Spell Vamp. For a while, they nerfed champions directly, but eventually they realized it was the Spell Vamp; so they made SV unique and slightly lowered the stats (pretty much back to what they were).

Moral of the story; Spell Vamp is a stat that needs to be kept in low amounts; if you can stack a lot of SV without sacrificing damage or defense, you get an extremely strong champion.

Nea De Penserhir

10-13-2012

Bump again for stickies.

TheRobot99

10-13-2012

I'm making a guess that an AD Athene's Unholy Grail would also make this "trash list." Would it?

JustMyBassCannon

10-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRobot99 View Post
I'm making a guess that an AD Athene's Unholy Grail would also make this "trash list." Would it?
Probably, because Manamune already exists. Manamune is much less expensive than Archangel's Staff and would most likely be less expensive than an AD Chalice upgrade, and it's cost-efficient on the AD alone; adding the Mana is just a free benefit.

The reason Chalice is necessary despite the existence of Archangel's Staff is most likely because of the unique stat combination; AP, MR, MP5 and CDR. There aren't many AP/MR items, and Chalice was the only MP5 item other than TotG that was worth using (except that it had no late-game upgrade). Just to be clear, that's my personal explanation for it; not quoting anyone from Riot or anything, it's just the best reason I can think of. I'm sure someone can come up with a counter argument or better reasoning.

Renegade Atom

10-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exdeadman View Post
[B]7. Excess utility items
-Ward pouch (ty Nestrinast)
I'm curious as to what exactly this concept is and why there is a problem with the idea.

I'm sounds like it would give supports the ability to carry more than 5 wards in one slot. If so, I think that would be ridiculous.

However, if it is just an item that gives you stats and the ability to hold 5 wards in the same slot I would not be apposed. The stats would have to me low, of course. Maybe have it combine a ruby crystal with a meki pendant. The final item would give the wearer 200-300 hp, 10-15 mana per 5sec, and the unique ability to hold 5 wards in the same slot as the item itself. The wards could not be of the same nature (it would have to be either 5 vision or 5 sight, cannot hold both). I'm just spit-balling ideas, of course. I do think though that the idea of an item with low stats but the ability to hold wards is a considerable one.

I'm open to feedback of course.

TheLastBaron88

10-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exdeadman View Post
Probably, because Manamune already exists. Manamune is much less expensive than Archangel's Staff and would most likely be less expensive than an AD Chalice upgrade, and it's cost-efficient on the AD alone; adding the Mana is just a free benefit.

The reason Chalice is necessary despite the existence of Archangel's Staff is most likely because of the unique stat combination; AP, MR, MP5 and CDR. There aren't many AP/MR items, and Chalice was the only MP5 item other than TotG that was worth using (except that it had no late-game upgrade). Just to be clear, that's my personal explanation for it; not quoting anyone from Riot or anything, it's just the best reason I can think of. I'm sure someone can come up with a counter argument or better reasoning.
Honestly as far as Unholy Grail compares to Archangels, I personally find that the Athene's is more useful on Casters with high CDs on their abilities, while I really only use Archangels for casters with spammable low CD moves, especially if they are burst mages. My reasoning for this is actually pretty simple: Low CD spammable abilities are necessary in order to build the bonus mana from archangels, and low CDs generally also suggest that you will burn mana at an alarming rate when you are trying to rack up those kills. This generally means that you will burn mana at a faster rate than you can hope to regen, and so it makes much more sense to build Archangels for the higher mana pool. An AD Chalice wouldn't make a lot of sense because Chalice/Athene's generally favors AP Nukers, who have much higher CDs than AD champs would. Manamune does pretty much everything those champs need it to and more.

Thornmaelstrom

10-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastBaron88 View Post
Honestly as far as Unholy Grail compares to Archangels, I personally find that the Athene's is more useful on Casters with high CDs on their abilities, while I really only use Archangels for casters with spammable low CD moves, especially if they are burst mages. My reasoning for this is actually pretty simple: Low CD spammable abilities are necessary in order to build the bonus mana from archangels, and low CDs generally also suggest that you will burn mana at an alarming rate when you are trying to rack up those kills. This generally means that you will burn mana at a faster rate than you can hope to regen, and so it makes much more sense to build Archangels for the higher mana pool. An AD Chalice wouldn't make a lot of sense because Chalice/Athene's generally favors AP Nukers, who have much higher CDs than AD champs would. Manamune does pretty much everything those champs need it to and more.
Agreed; and also people keep forgetting that 100% of "AD Casters" have a low-cooldown, spammable DPS option that scales with their itemized stats & charges manamune called an "autoattack" that AP casters usually can't scale with (with obvious exceptions says Orianna).

1234567 ... 9