Climbing Out, My journey out of 'Elo Hell'

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AnthonyMagnafici

10-13-2012

So pretty much I'm going to improve my elo as much as I can, updating you via this post on my progress, and giving you some helpful tips that I learn along the way.

Stay tuned to see how my journey out of 'elo hell' turns out, you might learn a thing or two!

Some quick info:

Summoner Level: 30
IGN: AnthonyMagnafici
Current Elo: 702
HIghest Elo: 1023
Roles: ALL!
Favorite Champions: Warwick(Jungle), Morgana(Mid), Graves(AD Carry), Soraka(Support), and Vladimir(Top Lane).
How long I've been playing: 4 or 5 months!

[CENTER]If you have any questions, any tips, any help, or need any help/tips, leave a reply, I'll be reading all replies![/CENTER]

Lastly, if you want to play with me (Duo, of course), then similarly leave a reply below, and I will get back to you immediately!

Thanks!
__________________________________________________ __

Want to play? Need some help? Need to talk to me about something?
Add me on the NA server! IGN - AnthonyMagnafici

__________________________________________________ __

Tips for all the low elo players out there

10/13 Tip1: Never be afraid to try out different roles! I know that a lot of people say to focus on
2 or 3 different champs and main them so that you can raise up your elo, but experimenting
with different roles and different champions can be a lot of fun, and improve your game as well!

10/13 Tip2: Don't know how to play against a champion? Play AS the champion!
Playing as a champion you don't have experience with can help you play against
that very same champion, since you know their play style and their tendencies!

10/13 Tip3: Don't surrender! Keep playing! Surrendering because it LOOKS like you're going
to lose is never a good thing! I've seen many a game where it looked as though the team was
going to lose, but a good play by the losing team turns it around in an instant.

10/13 Tip4: Mad at the game? Take a break! A huge mistake players make is playing games
while they're mad. When you're mad you can't focus correctly, and play way to aggressively,
causing you to die a lot! Cooldown a bit before playing another game. I recommend browsing
the forums or using The Tribunal to earn IP whilst not actually in a game.

AnthonyMagnafici

10-13-2012

Reserved for games and current stats in this series!
W/L % - 40%
Current Elo - 663
Total K/D/A - 26/21/38
36x Teamwork Honors
36x Honorable Opponent Honors

Champion - Warwick
Role - Jungle
Won/Loss - Won
Time - 20:02
Kills/Deaths/Assists - 4/1/4
Elo gained - 20
Current Elo - 702
How did we win? - We won teamfights, simply.
We had a good team fight comp and we took
advantage of that

Champion - Warwick
Role - Jungle
Won/Loss - Loss (Sadface)
Time - 21:20
Kills/Deaths/Assists - 3/2/5
Elo lost - 20
Current Elo - 682
Why did we lose? - Mid and top lane players fed.
Support disconnected in the loading screen.
Complained I didn't gank enough, when I ganked
each lane at least 3 times each during lane phase.

Champion - Teemo
Role - Top Lane
Won/Loss - Won! (Happy Face)
Time - 61:22
Kills/Deaths/Assists - 11/7/11
Elo Gained - 18
Current Elo - 700
How did we win? - I have no idea.. We had all but
Nexus destroyed but we pushed up mid and got theirs
before they got ours. Was a very intense game!

Champion - Kog'Maw
Role - AD Carry
Won/Loss - Loss (Ugh)
Time - 32:03
Kills/Deaths/Assists - 7/7/7 (Lucky number 7's!)
Elo lost - 20
Current Elo - 680
Why did we lose? - My whole team fed No
matter how hard I tried I couldn't carry us back
into a comeback. Also there were negative attitudes from
everyone except for me, and it even came from everyone
on the other team. (They kept calling us all idiots)
All in all, a terrible experience. =/

Champion - Soraka
Role - Support
Won/Loss - Loss (Getting frustrating)
Time - 35:12
Kills/Deaths/Assists - 1/4/10
Elo lost - 17
Current Elo - 663
Why did we lose? Our team was way to squishy, and we
let Ashe get fed really early so she just melted anyone
who got in her way. Getting very frustrated with ranked. =/

Amoc

10-13-2012

This reminds me of the Divine Comedy for some reason. What a fun idea. You're no pro or wannabe-pro streamer/know-it-all. You're straight up 700 elo and you're going to take us straight through what it's like to play in LoL hell. Too bad you don't have Virgil to guide you...

AnthonyMagnafici

10-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amoc View Post
This reminds me of the Divine Comedy for some reason. What a fun idea. You're no pro or wannabe-pro streamer/know-it-all. You're straight up 700 elo and you're going to take us straight through what it's like to play in LoL hell. Too bad you don't have Virgil to guide you...
Thanks for supporting, I appreciate it

fishyFUNK

10-13-2012

Ive been there man, keep your head up. My suggestion to you is to become really good at 2 roles instead of jack of all trades. I know its tough in that low of elo but it might be for the best. good luck!

Michiqan

10-13-2012

Game 3: Started out rough - enemy team was fed, and our team was yelling at each other. Eventually we all muted each other and were defending base. More and more time went by as we got stronger. The Ezreal on our team got bot inhib while enemy was baroning. Soon we had an ace and GG'd it at around 70 minutes.

AnthonyMagnafici

10-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooploser69troll View Post
Game 3: Started out rough - enemy team was fed, and our team was yelling at each other. Eventually we all muted each other and were defending base. More and more time went by as we got stronger. The Ezreal on our team got bot inhib while enemy was baroning. Soon we had an ace and GG'd it at around 70 minutes.
Best game I've ever had on ranked.
Without a doubt.

ggwp

AnthonyMagnafici

10-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by joony View Post
Ive been there man, keep your head up. My suggestion to you is to become really good at 2 roles instead of jack of all trades. I know its tough in that low of elo but it might be for the best. good luck!
Thanks!

Darkwolfds

Recruiter

10-13-2012

should see my eve mid..
i almost always carry with my eve. I turn every game around usually just by good positioning and getting fed mid.. Sometime we end up with all our towers taken. But In the i turn it around and get an ace then push all the way... Should watch some of my games. i pulled off a penta once so far.. It didn't count cause ali took to long to die . it only gave me qaudra. So i do agree with your third rule. about never surrendering.. it is true you cant know the way the game will end till the end. but sometimes its neccessary to surrender. A.k.a your team arguing and not working together. every one running out on their own. or if you have a player trolling..
aka a malp buiding attack speed and attack damage items and not building a ap tank.. not realising how troll of a build it is.

and it is true to play champs that give you trouble in lanes. aka annie a good counter to eve cause of her cc. but i learned that if u move far enough out of annies q range it will hit a nearby minion. So you can have a better chance in lane. if u keep minions in front of u.

The truth is playing every role and any character only benefits you. Cause u can learn their pros and cons. learn their cooldowns. Honest truth i dont support to often. But that is because i have to really on a partner in lane to be decent. Also learning to play more champs can mean you can counter pick and actually shut down your lane. aka. fiddles support beats soraka support. cause of the mass silence and fear. its a troll support but its a solid counter to most supports. jana can counter that though. Jana a good counter to fiddles cause of her knock up can stop his life steal and fear.

AnthonyMagnafici

10-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkwolfds View Post
should see my eve mid..
i almost always carry with my eve. I turn every game around usually just by good positioning and getting fed mid.. Sometime we end up with all our towers taken. But In the i turn it around and get an ace then push all the way... Should watch some of my games. i pulled off a penta once so far.. It didn't count cause ali took to long to die . it only gave me qaudra. So i do agree with your third rule. about never surrendering.. it is true you cant know the way the game will end till the end. but sometimes its neccessary to surrender. A.k.a your team arguing and not working together. every one running out on their own. or if you have a player trolling..
aka a malp buiding attack speed and attack damage items and not building a ap tank.. not realising how troll of a build it is.

and it is true to play champs that give you trouble in lanes. aka annie a good counter to eve cause of her cc. but i learned that if u move far enough out of annies q range it will hit a nearby minion. So you can have a better chance in lane. if u keep minions in front of u.

The truth is playing every role and any character only benefits you. Cause u can learn their pros and cons. learn their cooldowns. Honest truth i dont support to often. But that is because i have to really on a partner in lane to be decent. Also learning to play more champs can mean you can counter pick and actually shut down your lane. aka. fiddles support beats soraka support. cause of the mass silence and fear. its a troll support but its a solid counter to most supports. jana can counter that though. Jana a good counter to fiddles cause of her knock up can stop his life steal and fear.
This reply is kind of random.
I don't know how to reply.
I hope this suffices.
Thanks for following, though