Herald of the Shadows

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask the Shadow

09-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armored Rammus View Post
As Rammus got hit with the halberd, a loud *CLANK* could be heard. The good thing is, he had armor. The bad thing is, he still felt pain, and that made him grunt from inside the defensive ball curl form he adopted as he was sent rolling a good few miles away. He powerballed back towards the chaos pony to address the matter, stopping before Hecarim in order not to actually send him flying; his intent was not malicious, he just came back to settle things.

He raised an eyebrow. For once, it was not himself who did not make sense. How could a horse feel insulted for being a horse?
Immediately, Rammus took his trusty whiteboard and started drawing a horse, then Hecarim. He added an "=" sign, meaning that Hecarim definitely had attributes matching of a horse.

He drew himself riding Hecarim while the latter slaughtered a legion and thumbed up at the drawing, meaning he was all for the notion of having Hecarim as a mount of doom.
The frowning armadillo scratched its face, still confused by the chaos horse's reaction. His attempt to consider Hecarim a mount was not all that uncalled for, was it? Well, he doesn't have any sense of manners to know anyway - even though people keep bashing him with the notion of manners.
Though I may resemble one of your 'horses', I am not for riding in any fashion. If thou truly desire to find a steed of my...caliber, thou wouldst do well to look to the Shadow Isles themselves. Converting a populace to our cause is not a new practice in the slightest, one that my masters smile upon, even. Though I refuse thy request to...'mount' me, I offer a counter-offer in its stead. Join the forces of the Shadow Isles, and be born anew by the shadows. What say you, creature?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shardova
Shadow,

You have spoken of how you are capable of f...f...feeding upon emotions. H...How do you do so?
I feed upon thy mortal emotions by my presence alone in many cases, though a simple invocation increases this draw to even greater heights. In the presence of the Spirit of Dread, the most dauntless of mortals quail before my fury, satiating my hunger for a time. The mortal races of Valoran are such fragile beings; their hearts are soft, their wills are brittle. Even now, I can taste thy dread. 'tis not so different from how thy kind sustains themselves. Consider the matter in this fashion: death is my meat, terror my wine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Urgot
Shadow of War...

Such a title can instill fear into normal beings. But not me, no. I do not fear. I do not dread. I suffer eternally this forced continuance of existence, such that I can not know peace. However, I will still destroy any enemy that dares to threaten Noxus - and that will include you, should you foolishly challenge Her might.

--- Urgot
Indeed, abomination. I have rarely seen so loathsome a form as thine. I can sense no emotions, no feelings beyond pain and hatred ebbing from thy ruined body. No magics or sorceries sustain thee, only infernal machinations. Though I cannot torture thee to elicit pleas, nor inspire fear in thee, I can almost admire thy changes. Thou longst for release from thy torturous existence, thou wouldst embrace death willingly. Surrender yourself to the Shadow Isles, and be remade once more. Embrace death, and your suffering will be at its end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Fizz
I was in the League first.
Aye, and while thou dragged thyself ashore from the briny depths, my campaign of terror had already since begun. Thy feeble arguments have no bearing on the present, regardless. Thou speakest of 'passives', bah! Wretched talk of the summoners, and nothing more.

st0pb0t

09-28-2012

Dear Hecarim,

Remember when you tried to draft me into your army all those years ago? That was back before even Yorick, I think. How's he doing nowadays?

Regards, Evelynn

Ask the Shadow

09-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evelicious View Post
Dear Hecarim,

Remember when you tried to draft me into your army all those years ago? That was back before even Yorick, I think. How's he doing nowadays?

Regards, Evelynn
Aye, Lady Evelynn, I still remember those times. My offer still stands for thee, my lady. Thou wouldst make an excellent member of the coming crusade. Thy prowess at lurking unseen and slaying the unwary is unrivaled, and would hasten the fall of the living greatly. When last I saw the Gravedigger, he wallowed still in his misery at being among the living. His position in our order remains great though, as the presence of his ghoul servants testifies. Were we a culture of the living, he would stand among the nobility, no doubt. His mastery over the dead would be a credit to the crusades as well.

st0pb0t

09-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask the Shadow View Post
Aye, Lady Evelynn, I still remember those times. My offer still stands for thee, my lady. Thou wouldst make an excellent member of the coming crusade. Thy prowess at lurking unseen and slaying the unwary is unrivaled, and would hasten the fall of the living greatly. When last I saw the Gravedigger, he wallowed still in his misery at being among the living. His position in our order remains great though, as the presence of his ghoul servants testifies. Were we a culture of the living, he would stand among the nobility, no doubt. His mastery over the dead would be a credit to the crusades as well.
I'm perfectly willing to take and complete any contracts you may have, but you know how much I value my independence. I have a few associates I've grown rather fond of, but the rest of the League of Legends can burn for all I care. And it must if you expect your campaign to be victorious; no other organization can really match the might of the Shadow Isles.

Civilized Rat

09-28-2012

You trust the idiotic demon-witch? I see what your standards are for an "army" now.

Ask the Shadow

09-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evelicious View Post
I'm perfectly willing to take and complete any contracts you may have, but you know how much I value my independence. I have a few associates I've grown rather fond of, but the rest of the League of Legends can burn for all I care. And it must if you expect your campaign to be victorious; no other organization can really match the might of the Shadow Isles.
This will be acceptable for the time being, my lady. I expect that my masters will be pleased to learn of this development. I shall see to it that thee and thy favored associates are not swept away by the coming darkness. The Shadow Isles may be relentless, but we are not without honor. I cannot guarantee the survival of particular cities, or areas of cities, though. When was ensues, casualties will follow. Know that none will be spared otherwise, outside of thy associates. Apologies,milady.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Civilized Rat
You trust the idiotic demon-witch? I see what your standards are for an "army" now.
Aye, indeed I do, verminous filth. A lady of most noble origin, and rather renowned amongst the Shadow Isles. I suppose thou would just as soon raise an army of the pathetic wretches that thou call thy kin. Another species to be exterminated by the shadows, then. A pity. Thy insignificant race may have escaped notice otherwise.

Nekron9

10-04-2012

What are your thoughts on Mordekaiser and Karthus ?

SuperMan Pix

10-04-2012

HELLLOOOOOOOOO!!!

*Lulu appears before Hecarim seemingly out of no-where,a wide smile painted on her face*

I just WANT TO know WHAT you THINK of the GLAAAAAADE!!! OOO! and WHAT do YOU prefer TO BE: a SQUIRREL, A CUPCAKE, or A CAT???

*Lulu shows no fear despite being directly in front of the Shadow of War, in fact it seems her very presence makes the air around the plateau seem slightly more cheerful, bright, and curiously tinged with Madness and Insanity*

Ask the Shadow

10-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekron9
What are your thoughts on Mordekaiser and Karthus ?
Mordekaiser...a mighty warrior, no doubt. While our methods are dissimilar, his powers over the plague scouring this world of the living whilst I call upon the spirits of war to bring thy fellows to their knees manually, we share the same ends. I cannot pretend to be indifferent to his mingling amongst thy populace though, this group that thou call 'Pentakill'. Should he waver from his true purpose, then there shall be a reckoning.

Karthus, the lich, intrigues me as a being. He, much like much of our crusading force, once stood amongst the living before undeath claimed him. However, he does not embrace his brothers and sisters of the unliving, a notion that perturbs me. It shall be my business to visit upon the Deathsinger, and bring him back into the fold. My masters would have great use for his skills...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman Pix
HELLLOOOOOOOOO!!!

*Lulu appears before Hecarim seemingly out of no-where,a wide smile painted on her face*

I just WANT TO know WHAT you THINK of the GLAAAAAADE!!! OOO! and WHAT do YOU prefer TO BE: a SQUIRREL, A CUPCAKE, or A CAT???

*Lulu shows no fear despite being directly in front of the Shadow of War, in fact it seems her very presence makes the air around the plateau seem slightly more cheerful, bright, and curiously tinged with Madness and Insanity*
Despite the sudden appearance of the Fae Sorceress, Hecarim appeared to mostly unfazed. If anything, his mood darkened ever further at the questions directed towards him, his fiery mane coursing faster than ever.

"Thy Glade is an abomination in my eyes, in both principle and purpose. The magics that reportedly pervade thy forest dare to defy the embrace of death; the denizens live on in their inspid and irrational ways! Thou may be assured, Sorceress, that thy Glade will not survive the coming darkness. I find myself curious as to what manners of beings thy accomplices, the Fae, will resemble once steeped in undeath. Perhaps mercy shall be granted to thee as well."

A deep baritone laugh echoed across the plateau as Hecarim stooped slightly to consider Lulu with his baleful gaze, scorn etched across every feature. Even the skulls and images of gristly doom displayed about his armor seemed to focus their attentions on her.

"Thou needst not suffer the fates that others shall in due time. Give thyself in to the powers of the Shadow Isles, and be preserved for eternity. Thy Fae companion need not perish with thee; nay, thou both shall endure on together in undeath. Simply surrender thyself to the Shadows..."

Script Lord

10-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask the Shadow View Post
Indeed, abomination. I have rarely seen so loathsome a form as thine. I can sense no emotions, no feelings beyond pain and hatred ebbing from thy ruined body. No magics or sorceries sustain thee, only infernal machinations. Though I cannot torture thee to elicit pleas, nor inspire fear in thee, I can almost admire thy changes. Thou longst for release from thy torturous existence, thou wouldst embrace death willingly. Surrender yourself to the Shadow Isles, and be remade once more. Embrace death, and your suffering will be at its end.
{{ Reading this made me want a Shadow Isles inspired skin for Urgot SO much! }}

Dear Hecarim,

Greetings and salutations, fellow denizen of the darkness that envelopes the Shadow Isles! Remember me? It's me, good ol' Saucy Jack! I heard that you had traveled across the sea to prepare an invasion of Valoran, and that you'd even infiltrated the powerful organization called the League of Legends! Needless to say, your success inspired me to make my own voyage to Valoran, but for different reasons.

Now, now, I know that we have our differences in the way we do things - your feeding upon the emotions of others as you brutalize them directly while I prefer to lurk unseen in the mist to prey upon the unaware - but surely there should be a bit of a mutual respect between us here, no? After all, we're not on the Shadow Isles anymore, so bygones?

Your friend,
Jaques