Initial Honor Results

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nerzhules

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-12-2012

Erm, this might be off-topic, but did you make the summoner cup

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...6#post30157716

0:45

Calderweiss

10-12-2012

Lyte do you have an honor crest yet? Mind playing some matches with me?

lightofheven3

10-12-2012

How many honors do I have to get to order to get a honor ribbon on my page? Because I've been seeing them lately and all I was wondering of how many do u have to get to see one on you?

Häßlich

10-13-2012

It would be really awesome to be able to turn honor into buying power for runes. Since you have to play games to get honor anyway, I feel this would be a nice tag-along with the IP system. Even using them to purchase IP Boosts would be acceptable in this endeavor. This not only encourages good gameplay (good for community), but frequent play (which is good for Riot).

RoflMyPancakes

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
This is true, if a player got 95% of his Honor from premades and only 5% of his Honor from strangers, it would seem suspicious by the system.
99.9% of the games I play are premade. If 99% of my honor doesn't come from those games, then something is wrong.

edit: Or my friends are jerks.

Elanorien

Recruiter

10-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightofheven3 View Post
How many honors do I have to get to order to get a honor ribbon on my page? Because I've been seeing them lately and all I was wondering of how many do u have to get to see one on you?
Brows the forums a bit before asking questions, you'll probably find your answer's already been posted. But here's the quote of an explanation I gave yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elanorien View Post
The animation when you log on means you earned a badge. You get the badge by being rewarded enough honor. There is no set amount of Honor points at which you'll earn a badge, as it's determined by a ratio of Honor earned to games played. On top of that, honor has a value behind the points that we can't see. Honor from friends that you queue with, particularly when given/traded frequently, is worth less than Honor rewarded from strangers. So, a player who receives the bulk of their Honor from friends will need more points to unlock a Badge than a player who receives the bulk of theirs from strangers.

Edit: Lyte, or anyone who knows better than I do, correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe this is more or less how it works in a nutshell. I don't know the particular math behind the ratio.

IS1130ca93c056a16e55514

10-13-2012

Lyte,
I hope u can help me with my question :
I had a screen which said i was one of the most honorable summoners in League Of Legends,
does this mean i get a ribbon ? because i ain't got one .
thanks for ur time already ,

Summoner name : openward ( EUW server )

Cooldude1234

10-13-2012

Played a game last night pretty even until our Noc left (no reason just left) at which point the other team took full advantage and won. At the end of the game the enemy team said they were going to honor noc because he was the reason they won. My question: is honor voided after someone leaves? IE: they honor the noc but he receives none of it because he was a leaver?

ZTD09

10-13-2012

Lyte you skipped over my question, but just wondering is there any plan to bring honour over to custom games at least until we get our ARAM queue?

Sharag

10-13-2012

@Lyte:

I find myself too often leaving the lobby by default or even having client crashing. Sometimes, I even close the client.exe myself to increase FPS in game.

Please consider allowing us to Honor someone after leaving post-game lobby. I can think of few reasons why you shouldn't do that, but I will provide what I think are good solutions:

1) What's the value of honor if you give it few hours/days after the game? It's lower. You are not under the effect of that particular game anymore.
Solution: add a small time limit, i.e. 15 minutes.

2) If people saw they were honored, they would feel "obligated" to honor their teammates/opponents back even if they didn't know who it was.
Solution: Let received honor register AFTER the time frame for giving honor. For example, if your time limit to give honor is 15 minutes, let any honor you received register 16 minutes after the game.

I can't think of any other potential abuse cases atm.