Season 2 World Finals: Summoner Icon Giveaway and Pro Showmatch

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheFluffyPenguin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-12-2012

For those that are going to the World Finals, what time can we show up? Like what time will the gates open, and will there be shops where we can buy stuff?

Baron Von Bacons

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus View Post
Summoners,

Id like to share with you details on the World Finals specifically our on-stream summoner icon giveaway as well as a surprise event leading off the broadcast on Saturday, October 13.

During the World Finals, we will show a code on stream that can be used to claim a summoner icon inspired by the Season 2 Championship Riven skin. You will have approximately 24 hours after the show to claim your icon. Here is how you claim it:

• Go to our [url2="http://woobox.com/dwmvfy"]redemption page[/url2].
  • Submit your username, summoner name, server region and the stream code.
  • Your icon will be unlocked during the week following the World Championship!

Also, Im excited to say that at 5pm Pacific on Saturday October 13, well start the broadcast with a showmatch featuring some featuring some of the top professional players that have competed in the World Championship. Tune in at 5pm on [url2="http://na.leagueoflegends.com/"]www.leagueoflegends.com[/url2] to see your favorite players compete on the Fields of Justice one last time.

Does this mean the doors to the event will open before 5pm? So we can come see it live?

ForeverFlame

10-12-2012

can't wait to see who win tomorrow, got to wait till 8 pm est to watch the stream. Also hope you guys release a new champ soon i want a new robotic champ like blitz since you guys don't have a lot of robots in lol.

Yuki Akuma

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-12-2012

Why isn't this in the announcements?

RedBeard

VP of eSports

10-12-2012
2 of 22 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jixson View Post
Wait a second. the stream STARTS at 5pm Pacific with a show match.

So the Best of 5 doesn't even start until 9pm eastern. Wow it sucks to be us, and then a 100 times worse for Europeans
Hey - the event was actually always slated for 6:30pm. We just decided yesterday to add this last minute today, thought it would be more fun as fans are filling in to have a cool show match going on instead of any prior games. I'm personally really excited about it!

FrozenRyan

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBeard View Post
Hey - the event was actually always slated for 6:30pm. We just decided yesterday to add this last minute today, thought it would be more fun as fans are filling in to have a cool show match going on instead of any prior games. I'm personally really excited about it!
So am I, how to not like a showmatch? (Actually it's as good as a 3rd place game since community was claiming it)

mikoala

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBeard View Post
I'm going tomorrow and are the doors opening exactly at 5? Cause I was planning to get there at 4 .

RedBeard

VP of eSports

10-12-2012
3 of 22 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikoala View Post
I'm going tomorrow and are the doors opening exactly at 5? Cause I was planning to get there at 4 .
Doors are slated to open at 5pm, but might be ~15 minutes earlier if we are ahead of schedule.

Lusster

10-12-2012

I don't get it.Are all of us are able to get the summoner icon by watching stream and getting code from it or only first lucky person to get the code from the stream?

FrozenRyan

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusster View Post
I don't get it.Are all of us are able to get the summoner icon by watching stream and getting code from it or only first lucky person to get the code from the stream?
No bro, same code works a thousand times.