Season Two World Championship Matchup Preview

First Riot Post
12345678 ... 13
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kryptoniyte

10-12-2012

****in cheaters...

Retodx

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
Like I said, I don't have a horse in the race. I truly don't have a rooting interest for any team. Nor do I hate the asian teams for being good.

But I also know that more money would be made if more recognizable teams made the finals.
Are you serious? So popular teams should always win just so riot can make more money? If you were a true LoL fan you would appreciate LoL talent wherever it is. Right now it just happens to be in Asia. EU and NA don't deserve to win at the moment, better try harder S3.

ConeEtho

10-12-2012

Quote:
Like I said, I don't care for any team. Not a huge fan of watching other people play video games. Stop assuming that just because someone doesn't care to watch people from another part of the world, with a different language, different culture, and different characteristic make me a TSM fanboy.

As for the end of your post, it seems clear from DoTA, Starcraft 2 and many other online games that Asian teams take competing to a whole new level. Many would argue they are "better" than the NA teams for this. If NA/EU continue to lose on a regular basis to Asian teams, they will stop being popular,stop being watched on streams, stop getting paid to play, stop getting sponsorship deals and one would assume, stop playing. This in turn makes LoL as a competitive e sport less popular in NA/EU. One could go as far to argue that it makes it just another game that only Asians play competitively and therefore joins a long list of games that didn't turn E Sport more mainstream.
Hold your horses, pal. DotA and Starcraft are extremely popular, even though the Koreans are notably better than anyone this side of the World. Unless US and European teams put the same amount of effort and take it as seriously as the Asians you won´t see any occidental team wining a World series, but many many people like to see the best playing, regardless of where they come from.

Oh, and you seem quite talkative for someone who doesn't give a ****.

Kaitoh

10-12-2012

Quote:
Like I said, I don't care for any team. Not a huge fan of watching other people play video games. Stop assuming that just because someone doesn't care to watch people from another part of the world, with a different language, different culture, and different characteristic make me a TSM fanboy.

As for the end of your post, it seems clear from DoTA, Starcraft 2 and many other online games that Asian teams take competing to a whole new level. Many would argue they are "better" than the NA teams for this. If NA/EU continue to lose on a regular basis to Asian teams, they will stop being popular,stop being watched on streams, stop getting paid to play, stop getting sponsorship deals and one would assume, stop playing. This in turn makes LoL as a competitive e sport less popular in NA/EU. One could go as far to argue that it makes it just another game that only Asians play competitively and therefore joins a long list of games that didn't turn E Sport more mainstream.
Which means they should up their game and improve rather than roll over and die. Its not the Asian team's fault that they're better.

... unless of course you're implying that riot should be biased towards EU and NA teams just because they "bring in more money". As for your theory that NA and EU teams would stop competing just because they're losing? I dont see that happening. I mean really, play a game, win $25k-250k on average and 750k+ for winning a premier tournament? No one would pass up that chance. Initially im a TSM fan, still am, actually, but AF's performance was very impressive so i liked them. Doesnt mean im not a TSM fan anymore am i?

Brigz

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LbAeSaEmR View Post
You need to get off your horse. No games were "Fixed" and the fact that you cant appreciate the two teams who made it to the final game says your just a bad sport.

I for one am a TSM fan, I believe they have great charisma and fans love that. But when I first saw Azubu Frost in action back when they called themselves Azubu Blaze and were beating everyone and making it look way to easy. I knew that they were in a league of thier own and if the U.S. and Europe teams wanted to compete they would need to step thier game up. From the results of the quarterfinals they didnt improve enough.

So dont discredit either of these asian teams by saying the games were fixed just because your favorite team lost. You sound like a 100% ignorant EU fanboy with your comment.

M5 and CLG-EU lost so it doesnt count! Really man?
Pretty sure Azubu Blaze and Azubu Frost are 2 different teams. In fact didn't Najin Sword beat Azubu Blaze to make it into the finals.

NobSaiboot

10-12-2012

You forgot to mention the fact that Azubu cheats...$30,000 fine my ass they should've been disqualified.

4zelvan

10-12-2012

TPA, underdog team all the way!

ConeEtho

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryoshell17 View Post
You forgot to mention the fact that Azubu cheats...$30,000 fine my ass they should've been disqualified.
Penalties in any sport are usually applied proportionally to the effect of the foul. What Azubu did was of little consequence to the result, as proven by their total dominance over TSM in both games. So a penalty of 30K is more than enough to punish them. Especially if you consider that TSM did the same foul, and in the same game.

10-12-2012

Definitely rooting for TPA on this one. After Frost's actions, they should have been disqualified. That's how it is in every other sport with cheaters.

Nekrophyle

10-12-2012

"On their way to the Finals, Azubu Frost dominated every stage of the tournament. After going 3 – 0 in the groupstage , they went on to knock out North American champions and tournament favorites, Team SoloMid, 2 – 0. In the semi-finals, they faced Europe’s final remaining team, Counter Logic Gaming EU, for a rematch of the Azubu The Champions Summer finals. Azubu Frost emerged victorious again, 2 – 1, moving on to face an opponent they’ve never played before, Taipei Assassins"

You left the part out where they cheated openly and barely got their peepee slapped! Silly riot. You are as bad at reporting as you are at officiating.

12345678 ... 13