Season Two World Championship Matchup Preview

First Riot Post
1234567 ... 13
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

zqfmgb

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
So how many people are actually going to watch this? Two teams only a small player base identifies with? I don't have a horse in the race but how much more interesting is it if TSM and M5 face off in finals? or Dignitas and CLG?

Riot should have pulled a David Stern and fixed the matches so more people would actually give 2 Sh*ts about it.

Hope for LoL sake that the Asians don't continue to dominate. This game has a chance to take gaming more mainstream, but not if all the good American and European teams stop playing.
Sounds like the NA and EU teams need to up their game if they want to stay competitive. Honestly, you really can't hate a team for being better than the team you're rooting for.

Frank Ngo

10-12-2012

Does anyone know the time for pacific time for the finals?

RobotDCLXVI

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-12-2012

I'm behind you Taipei Assassins! Show honest players always triumph!

Relding

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
So how many people are actually going to watch this? Two teams only a small player base identifies with? I don't have a horse in the race but how much more interesting is it if TSM and M5 face off in finals? or Dignitas and CLG?

Riot should have pulled a David Stern and fixed the matches so more people would actually give 2 Sh*ts about it.

Hope for LoL sake that the Asians don't continue to dominate. This game has a chance to take gaming more mainstream, but not if all the good American and European teams stop playing.
I will watch, so will many others who want to see THE BEST play in the finals. TSM fanboys need to sit down and stop crying. Who said anything about NA or EU teams not playing anymore? There's always next year. Besides, if a pro team gives up and stops playing just because they lose a few games, do they really deserve support?

Also, AZUBU FROST FTW!

TempuraPhucYou

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-12-2012

hope TPA wins cuz Azubu is a bunch of cheaters

RapidDarkness

Recruiter

10-12-2012

TPA beat out my maknoon fanboy team hoe TPA wins so I can say lost to winners

Kapadons

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by zqfmgb View Post
Sounds like the NA and EU teams need to up their game if they want to stay competitive. Honestly, you really can't hate a team for being better than the team you're rooting for.
Like I said, I don't have a horse in the race. I truly don't have a rooting interest for any team. Nor do I hate the asian teams for being good.

But I also know that more money would be made if more recognizable teams made the finals.

Hyun

10-12-2012

Even if Frost cheated, I'm still rooting for them! My school friends are mostly chinese too. They are all rooting for tpa. FROST FIGHTING!

HayabusaZero

10-12-2012

Go Azubu Frost!!!

Kapadons

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relding View Post
I will watch, so will many others who want to see THE BEST play in the finals. TSM fanboys need to sit down and stop crying. Who said anything about NA or EU teams not playing anymore? There's always next year. Besides, if a pro team gives up and stops playing just because they lose a few games, do they really deserve support?

Also, AZUBU FROST FTW!

Like I said, I don't care for any team. Not a huge fan of watching other people play video games. Stop assuming that just because someone doesn't care to watch people from another part of the world, with a different language, different culture, and different characteristic make me a TSM fanboy.

As for the end of your post, it seems clear from DoTA, Starcraft 2 and many other online games that Asian teams take competing to a whole new level. Many would argue they are "better" than the NA teams for this. If NA/EU continue to lose on a regular basis to Asian teams, they will stop being popular,stop being watched on streams, stop getting paid to play, stop getting sponsorship deals and one would assume, stop playing. This in turn makes LoL as a competitive e sport less popular in NA/EU. One could go as far to argue that it makes it just another game that only Asians play competitively and therefore joins a long list of games that didn't turn E Sport more mainstream.

1234567 ... 13