AZF vs TSM: Lessons learned.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CooLTanG

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

10-10-2012

works the same with Tribunal....

Need to have dozen reports before anything remotely will happen to you then just first time warning, etc.

Zilveren

10-10-2012

I have immense respect for Riot overall, this is just an extreme rough spot that I would personally like to see corrected.

I hate to say it but, Riot has not only dropped the ball on this tournament, but some of their attempts to resolve it have made it worse.

I really want to enjoy the finals, but Riot has made this tourney a sham.

oioioi9537

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanadoz View Post
I just think its funny that riot FLAT OUT said: "yeah, AZF cheated, but we are only going to fine them 30k cause of it". Basically the message they are telling everyone is, you can cheat to win and you will only get fined 20% of your winnings. Expect more cheating if this is the punishment for confirmed cheating.
No, they have harsher punishments for more severe offenses and repeated offenses.

It's not a one rule fits all scheme, Riot is acting in a more appropriate way than the TSM fan boys think

Think about it this way, AF cheated, and it did affect the game, but it wasn't something that completely destroyed TSM's chances of winning, nor did it actually affect the other game, which was cheat-free.

Therefore the fine is the most fitting punishment, and the fine is going to charity so its not being wasted either.

Had AF made a more severe offense or had repeated instances of the offense, then they would deserve a DQ, but you have to remember it takes a lot to be DQ'd

Whitenamese

10-10-2012

Honestly the more thought I put into it the more I believe the fine to AZF hurts more than if they had to rematch.

What if Riot forced the two teams to rematch instead? Sure, TSM would still have a chance to compete but what if they lost for a third game in a row? Everyone would forget that AZF ever cheated shortly after the match. This fine places a permanent stain on them and they may potentially lose sponsorships in the future because of this.

TheDarkRogue77

10-10-2012

Agreed!

Zilveren

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitenamese View Post
Honestly the more thought I put into it the more I believe the fine to AZF hurts more than if they had to rematch.

What if Riot forced the two teams to rematch instead? Sure, TSM would still have a chance to compete but what if they lost for a third game in a row? Everyone would forget that AZF ever cheated shortly after the match. This fine places a permanent stain on them and they may potentially lose sponsorships in the future because of this.
This is a good way to look at it. My point is not, "Crucify AZF!!!!! TSM TSM TSM!!!" My point is the punishment is inappropriately done, and could be considerably enhanced by a simple rematch.

The fans never asked for a fine.

Zilveren

10-10-2012

Well Azubu Frost just beat CLG.EU.

Wish I could enjoy that, I did like Azubu a lot and would have 0 negative feelings for them if they simply did a rematch and nothing else. Too late to change now, Riot's very set in their ways.

Awes0meCherry

10-12-2012

There is a lot of speculation and possible evidence around the possibility of AZF cheating SK gaming much earlier in the tourney.

Wooglet

Master Recruiter

10-12-2012

haters gonna hate facepalm

Tetryon

10-12-2012

A regame won't matter. TSM fanbois can chestbeat all they want AZF will stomp them again. I'm against the cheating but TSM will not beat AZF.