Why is Dom xp and Ip so low?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GET REKT FGT

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2012

Because "Generally" games last half as long in Dominion when compared to Summoner's Rift. Sorry if you don't like the answer, but that's what it is.

Now, either you're trolling, or you're thick-skulled.

If you play at a minimum 2 SR games and each of them lasts on average 30 minutes (using your logic), that's the equivalent to 3 Dominion games at an average of 20 minutes. Now, (disregarding the fact that you get 2 IP/Min in Dominion in comparison to their main map)taking into account that most games don't last that long, especially at lower ELOs (and they shouldn't be lasting that long unless people are far too focused on "KDA and getting an awesome score" instead of completing the map objectives). Now, let's stop talking about averages as if they matter.

Lameador

10-11-2012

You have to add at least 5 minutes to games that is spent in Q, picking and loading.

Orphane

10-11-2012

Time spent in queue has never counted towards IP gained for a game. They have nothing to do with each other.

Now if your argument were something like "The queue times for Dominion are too long and it sucks sitting in queue when I know I could be getting IP at a constant rate by queueing for SR", then you might be justified.

BigDaddyDelish

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-12-2012

Even with the lower ip gains, if I am on a Dominion streak I find I gain ip much more quickly over time in comparison to SR.

Not by all THAT much, but it is by a noticeable amount.

Kiddalee

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowdash 56k View Post
The average dom game isn't even half as short as sr (Less then half) Yet you gain not even less then half the Ip/xp (You get less then half the xp/ip of sr)
Can't you say that differently?

PyGoN

10-12-2012

its low cause your pre-mades can steamroll pugs in less than 8 minutes. Way more fun then SR in my opinion, to many try hards there.

my record time: 7:03

SuperQuackDuck

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddalee View Post
Can't you say that differently?
The maths, how do they work?!

Risemix

10-12-2012

If you spam Dominion games you gain more XP and IP than if you spam SR games over a period of time due to the Dominion bonus.