@Riot Writing a report on why LoL is trying to be the most sophisticated MOBA

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HeartlessXiao

10-12-2012

Sorry, but The International 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Season 2 Championships.

Compla

10-12-2012

Oh for....

You know what, never mind. Glad for at least the bump.

Scyfex

10-12-2012

Your DotA 2 vs LoL comaprison was a compete fail. LoL teamfights are a complete cluster**** compared to DotA 2 fights. All those unique and eye catching animations just blurr together for a flashy mess.

Cowsep

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-12-2012

1) They try to have something for all skill levels in its game, unlike some MOBAs which build off of their highest skill level.

DoTA 2 has a steam workshop where players of all skill levels can attempt to design and put items into the game of DoTA. My friend and I have both participated in this and are by no means skilled.

Try to have something? What are you implying? They want Evelyn to be **** tier? You mean computer AI? (I'm not going to read your review, only skimmed it) DoTA 2 has that as well.

Holy Shat. MoBA is a term that LoL invented, by no means is it fair to compare every game into their Genre. DoTA 2 often calls themselves an "RTS mix". Granted I don't think you ever told the readers what MoBA even stands for. Anyone looking to read a trash article about LoL should have no idea what the game is, let alone what a MoBA is.

In your review you also talk about the heroes being rotated as a good thing. Did you know Heroes of Newerth for example has a mode where only 40 heroes can be picked, EVER? A player has access to all of them as well. Perfect learning environment.

I can't believe people still call DoTA "daunting" and "hard to play".

2) Tries to fix the sh*t community that most other MOBAs these days take for granted. Tribunal, Honor, etc.

Heroes of Newerth: Report a player (handled by.... GAME MASTERS, not a moron "community") - Anti-leaver match making - You also know who gets banned and who doesn't! So you can look back and see how much of a ****ing crybaby you are! Imagine that! People learning what is bannable and what isn't!

DoTA 2 - "Honor System" that also informs you when your people get banned.

DoTA Toxic Community? As if LoL is any different. LoL has its toxic community and its suck uppish morons that think they can post anything on the forums and receive praise and people will love them. Lord I love this game but I can't stand threads like these that clearly show ignorance.

3) Works a graphical design with a focus on functionality, not aesthetics. The visuals never stop being a game and start being a painting. Visuals are never focused solely on how they look, but rather how they communicate to you their purpose. Sure if I have to frame a screenshot on a wall for the rest of my life I'd take DotA 2, but f*cked if I know who's Lich and who's Razor in the middle of a hectic teamfight.

Seriously, their models are like, identical.

This statement is just retarded. You're one of those guys that played 1~5 games of DoTA and quit after feeling frustrated that there were heroes you didn't know. Am I right?

Imagine how a new LoL player must feel! LoL teamfights are so much better right? LoL is your first game in this genre (don't say otherwise, it's obvious, you're FOB), of course it looks more organized to you.

4) Offers million-dollar venues for the best of the players to excite and tries to elevatethe game, for some people at least, from a mere hobby and time-waster, to a real lifestyle and sport. Even if it is an eSport and personally I would hate to see it in the Olympics.

The ****? Olympics?

I swear to God. Why do I even browse the LoL forums anymore?

Good luck with the grade on your paper. Half the colleges accept rubbish **** nowadays anyway in exchange for your tuition pay so you don't really need it.

Compla

10-12-2012

Well this spiraled out of control horrifyingly quickly. Although I guess I shouldn't have been surprised. This is GD. And apparently DotA 2 players are crawling out of the woodwork at 2:44 am just to show the world how very wrong I am.

As much as I'd like to debate how very much not retarded I am, I have a paper to write. I'd love it if you folks who want my head to hold back until 8:30 am, EST, when my paper is due. Then we can have all of the time in the world.

Oh and look! Someone's kindly downvoted every one of my posts, even the one that has nothing to do with anything but Lightning Reverent, an item called Radiance, and some timestamp. At least I know now that I wrote something that got people moving.

Cowsep

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-12-2012

Why are you not surprised?

You even mention in your paper how LoL does such a great job of trying to fix their community.

Also I live in Korea, it is 6:45 PM here.

Also if a player with 5000 total LoL games (please, check my profile to see my wins) is a DoTA 2 player, what does that make you?

I love LoL just as much as everyone else, there is something else that I hate... I just can't figure it out, do YOU know?

Compla

10-12-2012

Hey, man, can you put a lid on it until two hours and forty minutes later? I'm hoping to get one or two more useful ideas before I need to turn this sucker in, and I don't want this thread to get side-tracked.

Cowsep

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compla View Post
Hey, man, can you put a lid on it until two hours and forty minutes later? I'm hoping to get one or two more useful ideas before I need to turn this sucker in, and I don't want this thread to get side-tracked.
We already established you're writing bull****, just keep writing bull****. It is not that hard.

Compla

10-12-2012

Sure thing, man. I won't disappoint.

effin' starving though. Haven't eaten since yesterday lunch

Compla

10-12-2012

Finalized version. Would love it if you guys could look it over. Yes, even you, DotA fans lol.

And Jesus, so I can't criticize DotA, a game I do love, ever? (by extension, DotA 2 also, since as far as I know they have changed nothing) As if it's perfect now, and then, and always? I wonder if I would have gotten this reaction way back when if I said Invoker had too many spells at twenty freakin' seven, or if I said how Chen shouldn't be able to control infinite creeps.