Initial Honor Results

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Best Fizz EU

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2012

Lyte, I have a suggestion that I think many others would enjoy as well. Let's say player X is being very helpful/friendly or whatever, and you think "I gotta honour them for being so nice!". The end game lobby comes about, and you accidentally leave without honouring him cause you forgot. My proposed system is that in-game, next to the mute button you have an honour button. If you press it, when the end-game lobby comes about, a pop-up would say something like "Summoner, you have marked some people for honour.", and then point to or highlight which people you marked. That's all the button would do, just mark them, but I think it could be very helpful.

Raz al Ghul

10-11-2012

I don't honor very often (at least in my opinion). Does this make the honor I bestow upon others worth more when I do award it?

In particular when I re-queue up for another match it is not too rare for me to have some of the same teammates or opponents, does honoring these players in the second game give them less honor than they would be awarded if I had honored them in the first game because I've experienced games with those players before?

Also, if I were to honor them in both games, would the second time be of less worth?

What if I honored in a different category?

Does honor decay over time, or does one's honor score just work like an average where one needs to maintain a certain percent of games honored in (to keep a particular crest)?

Is one's honor "score" an aggregate of all the categories, or do we actually have four different pools that are scored separately?

Also, cognitive neuroscience is awesome - did my masters on memory reactivating visual perceptual regions.

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

10-11-2012
46 of 66 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreggon View Post
The "Recently Played" list resets when you log out, so it would probably only be a few minutes unless the person never logs out.
There's many potential ways to Honor post-game if we wanted to do it. Match histories, Ranked Team enhanced match histories, etc.

Porphyry Green

10-11-2012

Lyte,

First off I want to give you two thumbs up for being, by far, the best red to communicate with the summoners:

b._.b

You have been active here for two days!

So to my point, first let me start with my situation:

Some games there are 2 or 3 extremely honorable opponents - no doubt they will get 9 honor. Then after the game, I honor from top to bottom So I honor my allies and then run out of honor before I get to the person I wanted to honor the most.

I only play 5v5 normals (ALONE) and I run out of honer VERY often. I have only honored people who deserve it without a doubt. Almost always, I honor an enemy, while I rarely honor allies.

So my idea is: could the system allow unlimited honor given to randoms, while limiting giving honor to people you know or who were premade with you?

Thanks!

P.S: Why is honor limited if there is a system already in place to decrease honor given to friends?

GrimLotus87

10-11-2012

Hey Lyte, i just got finished with a custom game (aram) and there was no option to honor people im assuming this is so you cant just make free games to get honor from but i didnt know if it was intended or if there was a bug that disabled honor for customs.

Best Fizz EU

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimLotus87 View Post
Hey Lyte, i just got finished with a custom game (aram) and there was no option to honor people im assuming this is so you cant just make free games to get honor from but i didnt know if it was intended or if there was a bug that disabled honor for customs.
I'm almost certain that is intended.

Truly Twitch

10-11-2012

Lyte. I must say that this is the single biggest improvement of LOL since I have started playing.

I have noticed a great deal of improvements in peoples self restraint and have found most games far more enjoyable as a result.

Thank you.

timetravel98

10-11-2012

I love this system have not read any bad language and most people are more friendly and more patient with new players.
Will our Honor be reset every Season or is Honor a lifetime thing?

senkai

10-11-2012

I pride myself on being a positive player, especially now that the Honor system has been put into place, it feels fantastic to get honored by friends AND foes after a long game. especially one that had ... less than savory players in it.

I find myself wondering though, if a player is continuously positive, does getting reported have any impact on the honor? Even the best of us will likely eventually say or do something that is reportable provided there are enough agitants in a game. If a normally positive player were to get reported, and have that report legitimized by other players though the tribunal what would happen?

Also, would it be frowned upon to let a player you would have otherwise honored know that you are not honoring them for a specific reason? I recently played a game where an enemy garen was playing very well, and was coordinating with his team, he was even friendly in all chat, but towards the end he ended up flaming one of his team mates in all chat for "costing" him the game. I let him know that he was going to get honored until he decided to harass a team mate.

Gray the Grayte

10-11-2012

Hi Lyte,

Since this Honor system has gone in I have noticed some interesting things.
1) People seem to be noticeably better behaved in blind pick which is great
2) It has had little bearing on the in game behaviour I see in ranked. This includes people that have got "badges" for wonderful teamwork etc.
3) It has had no impact I have noticed on the troll behaviour that happens in hero select particularly in ranked (such as trying to override the pick order in draft mode by typing your role first then trolling if people ignore you, saying you must have a role or you will feed, deliberately picking an inappropriate hero then admitting you are doing it to troll the team etc)

Points 1 and 2 are semi-consistent with your Phase 1 findings

This is in my opinion as in Ranked there is more at stake

What would really help points 1 and 2 is if you make it so Honor earned in Ranked has significantly more weighting than that earned in blind pick. Either that or have Ranked and Blind Pick have different Honor pools. Doesn't seem right I am seeing badges on people in Ranked that behave badly the moment their elo is at stake.

Now I would like to move my conversation from Honor (the carrot) to the Tribunal (the stick) to try to understand point 3 more. Please do read this and pass on to the Riot team as to my mind it is obvious what is wrong here.

a) There is no way of reporting blatent trolling behaviour from hero select meaning if a dodge occurs (which is often the outcome of trolling) the troll gets off with no consequences whatsoever. The hit is taken by the person that doesn't want to play with them. In fact there is much conversation in ranked hero select about who will "take the hit"
b) If the game does start (noone takes the hit) and people remember to report this person (by no means guaranteed) the Tribunal cases do not contain the hero select activity and chat log so as long as they kept their head down in game there will be nothing to back up the trolling allegation. And the troll knows it.

Solution
1) Allow reporting directly in hero select for gross trolling in hero select . This covers off point a. If they get reported enough eventually the tribunal will catch up with them
2) Include full hero select activity in tribunal cases including what order heros were picked, chat log activity all sequenced in order of time. This covers off point b.
3) Have the outcome of bans from Tribunal cases have different lengths for Ranked vs Blind Pick. Someone might be banned for a week from Blind Pick but a month from Ranked both at the same time. This reinforces the idea that Blind Pick is a right where Riot tolerates more and the person is allowed back into the community faster but Ranked is more of a privilege where there is less tolerance and someone has to earn their right to play again over a longer period of time.

Interested in your thoughts.