Bans issued for openly advertised Elo boosting

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Joequel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2012

So these people get to walk away with their money and accounts fully intact? Only suffering a 2 week ban?..

It honestly seems like a slap on the wrists in my eyes, but I guess it's better than nothing.

Sooner

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2012

you guys qq'n about elo boosts can just find a better game than league i mean its pretty much a joke now

iKevin

10-11-2012

Justice has been served! I actually ended up going against robertxlee and zekent doing elo jobs and they completely destroyed our team. It was not fair at all.

OneVendetta

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner View Post
you guys qq'n about elo boosts can just find a better game than league i mean its pretty much a joke now
wanna play pacman together forever and ever with me?

coffee addict

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
Very low. For this initial wave of bans, we were able to use a heavily manual process as we were only targeting a small number of people. We always err on the side of caution when banning players and only move forward when we're sure.
Yes you wouldn't want to ban innocent people in person... that's what the tribunal is for.

Glove426

10-11-2012

So pros get to cheat at the World 'Championship' and now Riot is going on about 'fair play'?

i lol'd

HeyLPG

10-11-2012

No fun allowed.

Chromaggus

Master Recruiter

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaqxinelol View Post
About 2ish weeks ago when it was announced that you guys were going to further look into the banning of Elo boosting and etc, I made a thread on GD calling out one particular user who has had their account boosted by their boyfriend over 700 elo (1500-2200) in a span of roughly a month and a half

The thread hit roughly 14 pages, and was in massive support as I was protruding evidence from Lolking, making it clearly obvious that her boyfriend boosted her account based on KDAS of his main account, his smurf account, and the champions KDAS on her account. The evidence I posted made it extremely obvious to me and many others that this person was boosted over 700 elo in the span of roughly a month and a half

I want to know the status of this account, and the status of her boyfriend's account and his smurf account. The person is an avid forum user, and has denied FULLY, that she was boosted when it is blatantly obvious. I will continue to bump this thread with this response until I can either talk to you, or Pendragon in game or on IRC or something, or I get a response from you here whether or not asking if I can tell you the names of the 3 users.

Thanks.
Bump

coffee addict

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaqxinelol View Post
Bump
Because it's so rare for someone to gain 700 in a month and a half

She

10-11-2012

here's something that'll blow your mind: get better at the game and you won't have to worry about boosters beating you in 800 elo all the time