AP Assassin

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ImCoolerOnline

02-29-2012

Ahri is not an assassin as someone mentioned, she is a great harass and excellent at melting people as they chase you.

If you want an AP "assassin" u have limited options, assuming assassin means someone who can nuke you dead fast your prob looking at

LB and Brand as some of the hardest hitting but brand isnt assassin like in terms of surprise killing you. I would put Ryze into this catagory late game as he can rape face of almost anyone with 3 full spell combos, which he can realistically spam in under 10 secs. Akali is also a great assassin for squishy targets too but you often put urself into serious danger once ur stealth is on cd.

Kass and Akali are the best "chasing assassins in the AP category.

gasman93

10-11-2012

akali is the best for sure.. easy, mobile and does **** loads of damage

Kiddalee

10-11-2012

When people hear, "AP Shaco," what they are really thinking of is the nesting playstyle, not the item build. Thus, AP Shaco the build is underrated. He's more annoying and slippery than bursty, though. He also might die if DFG gets nerfed. For real burst, take LeBlanc. For annoying, slippery burst, take Fizz.

DiscworldDeath

10-11-2012

People bump threads from February, then people reply. Do not feed the zombies

And yeah, Fizz is great fun. The new Eve, for DFG>Ult is for a huge burst.

Genericke

10-11-2012

Ahri has lots of poke. Her damage is a bit low, but she can really wear a team down.
Akali is great fun and gets all of the kills.
Eve's DFG + ult combo is nasty.
Fizz is also fun, but really risky.
Kassawin will damn your soul to hell if you play him in blind, and he's permabanned in draft.
Katarina can really snowball.
LeBlanc is a lot of fun. No one instagibs quite like her.
Poppy will break kneecaps.
Shaco I've actually seen work reasonably well as an AP character. Please God don't sit in bushes stacking boxes though.

Hawkwìng

10-11-2012

ap yi is a great ap assassin!!!!!!!!!!

but not for dominion, unless you were bot for the first half of the game. then quadra kills top are very possible.

AndersMMO

10-11-2012

I main AP top and am what I believe to be reasonably high elo, I'm in and around 50 wins up over my losses and que nonstop into DD competitors.

My playstyle is almost 100% AP Assassin centred.

I main Fizz. He's just too strong as an AP Assassin. The entire un-targetable mechanic as a game feature is just absurd in concept and in use. You can harass by using W>Q>Auto>E away, and you're DoT has just bled them out for around 1/4 to 1/2 their HP with very little danger for you. Add in the fact that you can further kite by sticking a smart-cast ultimate while waiting for your E CD you can almost exclusively crush all champions who lack low CD gap closes. Build: Boots Ring > Sheen > Ionians > Lich > Guise Radaon's or straight Rabadons > GShroud > FH = win game.

I've recently been delving into Evelyn play. She lacks a little power early and should be used primarily as an isolated waylayer and or bushwhacker until DFG/Lvl6. Lead out with DFG > Ult and you're already going in on a half HP opponent, enjoy the free pick-up. Absolutely 100% abuse speed shrines when you're in the jungle, a max stack W with a speed shrine buff sends you off at light speed, you'll outpace anyone other than POOTERSS. My only gripe is that you really need to watch out for Teemo, Brand, and Swain with Sweeper, their dots with the sweeper vision are a death sentence.Build: Boots Amp Ruby (don't go ring, your mana regen in stealth means that the mana regen from ring would be straight out gold inefficiency and the scaling rate of eve w/ pen makes the rush guise OP) > Guise > Kage's > DFG > here your build will get significantly more preference based, some rush Rabadon's for instagib, others go rylai for insured kill potential, either way, follow with a void if you get the time.

Now, although technically not being AP Assassins you are very probably going to want to delve into some Zix, Rengar,and Talon play. Rengar I see as a bit more of a bruiser so I don't necessarily play him as heavily, but Zix and Talon are powerhouse assassins at their finest.

Zix, I don't play him very often, it's usually in response to 3 or 4 straight jaycejaxyorickkassadin matches where I need a free win for the sake of my sanity. because that's what a wp zix is; a free win. ALWAYS evolve wings first, once you have wings you can jump any wall on the dom map (except maybe fountain wall?). And, for the love of god, do NOT build trinity. Zix is like jayce, you could build him trinity, and it's alright, but straight AD Zix ruins lives. At around 6, your Q will be hitting for in excess of 600 damage... WTFBBQHAX?! Evolve Q second, and depending on personal preference spikes or redzix last. Personally, I run redzix. Some people trash on this but let's analyze this for a second, you suddenly get a 3rd disengage and you now take 60% damage for effectively 3 seconds.... or you can have an AoE slow with your W.. the choice is yours however. Build: Boots Blade > Brutalizer > Phage > vamp > LW > Sanguine > FM.

Talon, think Zix for those who have dignity. The most self evident differences being he has no long range wall-bypass. However, his silence largely makes up for this at least in 1v1 scenarios. Don't ever forget that you CAN use your silence to a minion to get out of bad situations, I don't understand people who silence their pursuer assuming that will keep them from being caught with CCs/skills, when they can just jump to a minion wave and be gone. Your ult is a jukemasters dream. Press R, and assuming you don't eat an insta sweeper you just threw the entire enemy team into a panicky "where the hell is he" situation. one of my favourite combos is Rake>Q>auto>R> E to minions to escape, you've essentially just executed a mass nuke to premise a clean-up for your team. wp. Build: same as zix omit the phage until where FM stands in the build order.

Heffer Wolfe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2012

Oh god this got necro'd

Kiddalee

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonMaster3 View Post
Oh god this got necro'd
Oops. I didn't read the dates...

The necroer was right about one thing. Akali was an amazing assassin in February.

BigDaddyRelish

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-12-2012

Might I recommend Katarina or Diana?

Both are very good ap assassins that do their jobs VERY well, Katarina just flat out raping face with hardcore aoe damage, and Diana being significantly tanky and flexible as she can go top or bot and wreck hell.