Bans issued for openly advertised Elo boosting

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chromaggus

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
This is only the beginning. We're in the midst of a full analysis and will be issuing further bans once we've identified other players and accounts that have engaged in Elo boosting. This should happen in the next couple weeks.
About 2ish weeks ago when it was announced that you guys were going to further look into the banning of Elo boosting and etc, I made a thread on GD calling out one particular user who has had their account boosted by their boyfriend over 700 elo (1500-2200) in a span of roughly a month and a half

The thread hit roughly 14 pages, and was in massive support as I was protruding evidence from Lolking, making it clearly obvious that her boyfriend boosted her account based on KDAS of his main account, his smurf account, and the champions KDAS on her account. The evidence I posted made it extremely obvious to me and many others that this person was boosted over 700 elo in the span of roughly a month and a half

I want to know the status of this account, and the status of her boyfriend's account and his smurf account. The person is an avid forum user, and has denied FULLY, that she was boosted when it is blatantly obvious. I will continue to bump this thread with this response until I can either talk to you, or Pendragon in game or on IRC or something, or I get a response from you here whether or not asking if I can tell you the names of the 3 users.

Thanks.

OneVendetta

10-11-2012

uhm I think u got one streamer wrong O_O only_jaximus only plays in 2 accounts as far as I know, samporena (or something like that), and his main account. He has been playing said accounts for as long as I can remember... so u might wanna check again

Bulltank

10-11-2012

Wow... naming names Riot??? low dick move

Chromaggus

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BicuriousBoy View Post
uhm I think u got one streamer wrong O_O only_jaximus only plays in 2 accounts as far as I know, samporena (or something like that), and his main account. He has been playing said accounts for as long as I can remember... so u might wanna check again
He did an elo job with Tryndamere, the president of Riot, on stream

The vod of that stream date was quickly taken down and removed. He better get banned.

hawkeye15

10-11-2012

elo boosting is a form of tax evasion.

Great Iniquity

10-11-2012

Hey Riot,

I suppose I would not want you to truthfully answer my question, but could you create "bait" 3rd party websites offering to boost peoples elos and then punish those who pay for transaction?

You could make a reality T.V. Series; Have Phreak offering to Elo boost 25c/elo and then have the account holders walk into the riot office sort of like on that child predator series.

inferno ashes

10-11-2012

lol so the pro players that boost accounts don't get banned good job riot lol

kiwisaurus

10-11-2012

Does this only apply to people boosting another person's account or does this include people who are smurfing? Not that it applies to me, I'm not even lvl 30...

IcyCGao

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2012

"- Two week suspensions for the accounts of a few streamers that we’ve confirmed were engaging in this behavior: robertxlee, Only Jaximus, yangfushang, and dye44."

I think that \2 weeks suspensions are not enough for them....
while their main accounts are being banned...
it'll encourage them to use others' account..doing the same elo boosting job....
why dont u ban out their IP for 2 weeks...
that will be resonable to me

OneVendetta

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaqxinelol View Post
He did an elo job with Tryndamere, the president of Riot, on stream

The vod of that stream date was quickly taken down and removed. He better get banned.
Idk about that, he might have gotten on someones account sure. But perhaps it was just account sharing since trynda is around 1300 elo, and jaximus' smurf is 1600 o-o