How many threads get read or at least glimpsed by Riot?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Endertome

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhattayaBrian View Post
MORE THAN YOU KNOW

We lurk all the time! But, our posts have an extreme effect on the threads we post in, increasing visibility significantly. In addition, there are tons of "repeats", and it's not effective for us to post in all of them. Even further, there are tons of really good threads that I personally don't have any subject matter expertise in, so it would be disingenuous to you guys for me to attempt to represent those ideas.

(But we're always watching...)
Then why does it seem like there's always a red post in stupid threads, memes, and bad running jokes, but never in response to something that may actually be considered important?

This thread and a few others as exceptions, of course.

KingofMaelstroms

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2012

Quote:
MORE THAN YOU KNOW

We lurk all the time! But, our posts have an extreme effect on the threads we post in, increasing visibility significantly. In addition, there are tons of "repeats", and it's not effective for us to post in all of them. Even further, there are tons of really good threads that I personally don't have any subject matter expertise in, so it would be disingenuous to you guys for me to attempt to represent those ideas.

And now I have my answer

Riot is stalking us all...

TheTruePHuZz

10-11-2012

Quote:
MORE THAN YOU KNOW

Sounds like my dark fantasy

WATCHMAKERZILEAN

10-11-2012

Quote:
MORE THAN YOU KNOW

so there's no point at night where i'll be able to post pictures of sinks without getting banned?
i've been had

notFREEfood

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endertome View Post
Then why does it seem like there's always a red post in stupid threads, memes, and bad running jokes, but never in response to something that may actually be considered important?

How many of those red posts are from Zileas, Trolling Director?

Endertome

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by notFREEfood View Post
How many of those red posts are from Zileas, Trolling Director?
...thinking back on it, a lot of them. But not all of them.

WhattayaBrian

Engineer

10-11-2012
2 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endertome View Post

Because I can say I like puppies without fear of undermining Riot's user-facing plan for announcing our puppy opinion to the world?

I can't talk to you about new maps, or what happened during the tournament, or why we banned whichever group of people a month ago. In fact, as an engineer, most of what I do is completely uninteresting to most people. But when there's something I do know, like for example why customized recommended items are breaking for certain characters, I respond and work out how to fix that issue.

As much as I'd love to respond to every single one of your concerns, I cannot.

QwertyiouP

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-11-2012

That's informative!

Magik

10-11-2012

good guy WhattayaBrian

Endertome

10-11-2012

Quote:
As much as I'd love to respond to every single one of your concerns, I cannot.
Alright, that all does make sense.

Speaking of broken customized recommended, though. This seems to be affecting Kha'zix, at least for me. All my other customized stuff is working just fine.